Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like gouging due to supply demand curve for the C8. Talk with the General Mngr to try and resolve to your satisfaction. If nothing give a call to Global/CTV ombudsman reporters. They are very good at publicly outing sketchy business practices. I hope that WN sets things right for you as they used to have a stellar rep. Sadly the last few yrs I have been told by friends and read from others that they are in de line and possibly heading towards the “stealership” level of service. Now if they start to upcharge for cats and hi Perf exhaust for the new EVs we will definitely know the answer. 🤥 Pls report back as there are a number of us determining which dealership to place our orders at and not just for C8’s.

Reactions: zoslick and Dik
@Wilson-Niblett could you reach out to @zoslick to help him out with this situation?
I am very surprised to hear that about Wilson Niblett . I have bought many cars and trucks from them over the last 40 years including two corvette. I have always had excellent service and especially sales. I still go there for service on my corvette from here in Belleville. Possible there is some kind of a misunderstanding. Give John Wilson a call. He is a great guy . Watched him come up through the ranks and bought all my cars from him. Please report back as I am very interested.

Charlie

Reactions: zoslick
I have a C8 with W/N as well, singed my final build and order summary yesterday. No mention of any tire packages. There is a administration fee of $1,099 which was disclosed when I put my deposit down. Can you confirm this tire protection is additional to the administration fee, odd that the total is the same.
Cullen charges 249$ admin fee so 1099$ is already unreasonable regardless what they call it. So you are paying extra $850, but now they have an allocation for you so it would be crazy to start from scratch at a different dealer.

Wheel and tire insurance? Wouldn't any vehicle damage be covered under your regular insurance? I will ask my agent today. (I am getting my car insured today ....)

This tactic was tried on us when we were buying Cathy's SUV. I looked the salesman right in the eye and told him, "it ain't happenin'". He talked to his manager and the "gouge" was removed.

Unfortunately dealers know there is a long list of C8 buyers. Dealers will let you "walk" because they can sell the car to another person with no problems and likely at a higher price too.

I was only asked if I wanted it ( at $750.00 ) I might add, AFTER my car arrived at the dealer to which I refused. I think the salesman is a weasel. Think about it, how many times in your life have you needed a tire and rim replacement other than normal tire wear?
it is just like the extended warranty. I did take that but only after paying more than 2 grand less than they first wanted. These warranty’s are all money makers for the dealer.

When I buy a GM product (Corvette, SUV, sedan or trucks) I do not get hung up on each line item in the bill of sale. Reading the extra fees just makes my blood pressure rise ....

Two things I do:

First, I build a relationship with the dealer I found that I can work with. A person I learned to like and trust. As you know building any relationship takes time. If you walk in to a dealer and play them against the dealer down the street well they know where you stand. The relationship will be just about the money. Its a mind game with a winner and a loser. And there can be hard feelings that last forever, even when returning for scheduled maintenance. This makes Corvette ownership less than perfect.

Second, before I "write the cheque" I have done my research in advance so I have a good idea what I am willing to pay. After the niceities, and after I let the salesperson run through their sales routine of costs I tell the salesman/manager I don't care what fees you include I haggle for the bottom line, all in, without GST. I leave the sales manager to rationalize each BS line item ....

Hey Everyone,

I'm new here to this forum, nice to meet you all!

I have a question about my order that maybe some of you can answer. Long story short, I placed my C8 order in February 2020 from Wilson Niblett. Put a $5000.00 deposit, was forced to agree to get a "Rim & Tire" package which cost $899.00, the salesman said because WN does not charge a premium, this is a "must" thing. So for the hell of it, I signed for it. Then we get to this past week (which is a year later), the salesman sends me a revised order form for 2021 for new price adjustments on the Z51 and 2LT costs, increases the "Rim & Tire" package to a "Platinum" Tire package now costing $1099.00, and says the previous "Rim & Tire" package was for a Camaro and not for the Vette and that he made a mistake. He tells me I need to sign and submit the revised form ASAP because WN is sending in the orders on March 18, 2021. I asked him what number I was in the line up and he doesn't tell me, but says if I want my car by June, I need to sign it.

So I am quite lost right now, I don't want any Tire packages because I'll be changing my tire and rims anyway, and I know for a fact that another member from Corvetteforum placed his order in February 2020 and got his car by November 2020 from Cobourg. Can you guys please offer me your advice on how I should proceed with this or if I should go somewhere else? I honestly feel quite uncomfortable with needing to pay for something I don't want.

Also, I asked the agent why my order wasn't submitted last year when I placed the order, he said it was submitted and I got an order number which was what kept me in line but now they need to submit a final order. He said my production status was in the 1100? not sure what that means exactly.

Anyways, looking forward to all your advice and comments. Thanks!
I would advise you not to sign at the dealership! He should have advised you that you were putting the $5000 down to be on a waiting list at which point your order was written down on a piece of paper I would advise you not to sign at the dealership! He should have advised you that you were putting the $5000 down to be on a waiting list at which point your order was written down on a piece of paper at the dealership. The price increase unfortunately is what it is Chevy has held off not increasing the prices because of the plant shut downs and the pandemic! Prices for the new C8 were eventually going to go up sooner than later. That dealer telling you that you have to get the upgraded wheels is a crock! I would 100% get my deposit back and find another dealer that wants to get the car for you that you want. Here’s a list of the order status numbers.

Attachments

• 0C6E3446-E471-48B2-887A-FD08E096ACB6.png
    0C6E3446-E471-48B2-887A-FD08E096ACB6.png
    70 KB · Views: 27
I believe since the C8 has been 2 years of low allocations many dealers are doing a lot of add ons since they are in the drivers seat if you don't want the car they have plenty of buyers ready to pay more. FYI I'm still bitter about paying $900 in ADM fees to pay someone's salary to fill out paperwork as I got screwed making a deal with the sales manager at the time for no adm. fees but full MSRP but by the time the car came in a year and a half later he no longer worked there so it was pay the fee or walk away:angry-argh:

Reactions: gdh and zoslick
Hey Everyone,

I'm new here to this forum, nice to meet you all!

I have a question about my order that maybe some of you can answer. Long story short, I placed my C8 order in February 2020 from Wilson Niblett. Put a $5000.00 deposit, was forced to agree to get a "Rim & Tire" package which cost $899.00, the salesman said because WN does not charge a premium, this is a "must" thing. So for the hell of it, I signed for it. Then we get to this past week (which is a year later), the salesman sends me a revised order form for 2021 for new price adjustments on the Z51 and 2LT costs, increases the "Rim & Tire" package to a "Platinum" Tire package now costing $1099.00, and says the previous "Rim & Tire" package was for a Camaro and not for the Vette and that he made a mistake. He tells me I need to sign and submit the revised form ASAP because WN is sending in the orders on March 18, 2021. I asked him what number I was in the line up and he doesn't tell me, but says if I want my car by June, I need to sign it.

So I am quite lost right now, I don't want any Tire packages because I'll be changing my tire and rims anyway, and I know for a fact that another member from Corvetteforum placed his order in February 2020 and got his car by November 2020 from Cobourg. Can you guys please offer me your advice on how I should proceed with this or if I should go somewhere else? I honestly feel quite uncomfortable with needing to pay for something I don't want.

Also, I asked the agent why my order wasn't submitted last year when I placed the order, he said it was submitted and I got an order number which was what kept me in line but now they need to submit a final order. He said my production status was in the 1100? not sure what that means exactly.

Anyways, looking forward to all your advice and comments. Thanks!
Hello Everyone,

Jeff Moore here at Wilson Niblett. Thought I would provide some transparency here for the forum members.

Our GM did reach out to zoslick personally last night to address this concern.

We absolutely charge a $1099 dealer fee and there is no suckering going on whatsoever. Our dealer fee is fully OMVIC compliant, it is fully disclosed, and has great benefits for our clients and the dealership. We do not sell any of our C8's without our dealer fee as it is included in the price we offer the vehicle for sale for. Of course we don't force anyone to purchase or service with us, but we're great people and once you get to know us most if not all our customers are so happy they chose us. We feel there is considerable value in Wilson Niblett and we hope you feel the same.

First thing you need to know is we make $400 profit on the dealer fee. So yes, your salesman gets a little extra commission. Your sales consultant works hard, they deserve it, and there is considerable value in having a great relationship with your dealer. Profit is not a dirty word!!

The dealer fee includes vin etching, this gets you $5000 over and above your theft insurance should the unthinkable happen to you and your vehicle is taken. You'll get $5000 when you get your replacement vette. We want to have a relationship with you moving forward and for us this ensures we can offer you better value than the marketplace.

The dealer fee includes tire and rim protection. The tires on the vette are expensive!! Our clients often get considerable value out of the tire warranty as it replaces your tire at no charge if you sustain any damage due to a road hazard. This also helps us have an after sale relationship with you in service. There is so much value in our service centre. For those of you who have been to our dealership you know we always have C8s on the property, in the showroom, and many in service. No one has seen as many C8s as Wilson Niblett's service hoists!

The dealer fee includes key fob protection which replaces your fob when you inevitably lose it. We have all lost fobs before and this just removes that worry and adds even more value as the key fobs are not cheap to replace either.

So the dealer fee is good for you, its good for the dealership, and its good for your car guy (sales consultant : )

As many of you know the dealer fee on comparable exotic vehicles is much much higher. Our dealer fee was $899 once upon a time and just as the price of the vehicle increases so to does our dealer fee which is now indeed $1099. It is likely the dealer fee will likely increase to $1499 on the Z06. When I first started selling cars years ago the dealer fee was only $199 and in 1990 a corvette cost only $30k!

Thank you so much for the support everyone and for the opportunity to clarify the pricing of our dealer fee for you all.

BTW we have a 1964 Vette and a bunch of C8s on the lot right now. Come on by, introduce yourself, and check out the dealership. We are more than happy to provide any clarifications you desire about the car, pricing, our processes and anything else. We believe in honesty, integrity, and we are fully transparent.

Jeff

Last edited:
Jeff, thanks for the clarification on the $1,099 dealer fee. Since we got you here, what is your dealership's practice on the recent $1500 MSRP and options increases? Customers with sold order and event 1100 are price protected? If they are protected, these grandfathered customers would be charged the old prices or be charged the new MSRP then get a credit/refund back on the bill of sales?

Hello Everyone,

Jeff Moore here at Wilson Niblett. Thought I would provide some transparency here for the forum members.

Our GM did reach out to zoslick personally last night to address this concern.

We absolutely charge a $1099 dealer fee and there is no suckering going on whatsoever. Our dealer fee is fully OMVIC compliant, it is fully disclosed, and has great benefits for our clients and the dealership. We do not sell any of our C8's without our dealer fee as it is included in the price we offer the vehicle for sale for. Of course we don't force anyone to purchase or service with us, but we're great people and once you get to know us most if not all our customers are so happy they chose us. We feel there is considerable value in Wilson Niblett and we hope you feel the same.

First thing you need to know is we make $400 profit on the dealer fee. So yes, your salesman gets a little extra commission. Your sales consultant works hard, they deserve it, and there is considerable value in having a great relationship with your dealer. Profit is not a dirty word!!

The dealer fee includes vin etching, this gets you $5000 over and above your theft insurance should the unthinkable happen to you and your vehicle is taken. You'll get $5000 when you get your replacement vette. We want to have a relationship with you moving forward and for us this ensures we can offer you better value than the marketplace.

The dealer fee includes tire and rim protection. The tires on the vette are expensive!! Our clients often get considerable value out of the tire warranty as it replaces your tire at no charge if you sustain any damage due to a road hazard. This also helps us have an after sale relationship with you in service. There is so much value in our service centre. For those of you who have been to our dealership you know we always have C8s on the property, in the showroom, and many in service. No one has seen as many C8s as Wilson Niblett's service hoists!

The dealer fee includes key fob protection which replaces your fob when you inevitably lose it. We have all lost fobs before and this just removes that worry and adds even more value as the key fobs are not cheap to replace either.

So the dealer fee is good for you, its good for the dealership, and its good for your car guy (sales consultant : )

As many of you know the dealer fee on comparable exotic vehicles is much much higher. Our dealer fee was $899 once upon a time and just as the price of the vehicle increases so to does our dealer fee which is now indeed $1099. It is likely the dealer fee will likely increase to $1499 on the Z06. When I first started selling cars years ago the dealer fee was only $199 and in 1990 a corvette cost only $30k!

Thank you so much for the support everyone and for the opportunity to clarify the pricing of our dealer fee for you all.

BTW we have a 1964 Vette and a bunch of C8s on the lot right now. Come on by, introduce yourself, and check out the dealership. We are more than happy to provide any clarifications you desire about the car, pricing, our processes and anything else. We believe in honesty, integrity, and we are fully transparent.

Jeff
Your dealer fee might be within OMVIC rules but vin etching, key fob and wheel/tire protection are extras and cannot be manadatory or included in the mandatory fees regardless of how beneficial you think they are. This is the type of behaviour that sends your potential customers to the other 2 high volume corvette dealerships.

I think if dealers insist on demanding $1100.00 of people, hide it in the price and just tell people this is what they get at their dealership. $1100.00 if a lot of money to just add on as an “admin fee”.
You are in the business of selling cars. Why should someone have to pay you to sell them a car? That’s what you do.
Some people do not care about the extra 5k if it is stolen. 99.9% are not stolen so someone is making a ton of money off it. 99.9% do not lose their key fobs as well as people damaging their rims.
let the buyers decide if they want the extra coverage without being forced to take it.
Again, $1100 plus tax means close to $1300.00 and I would rather have that in my pocket than the dealers.

I think if dealers insist on demanding $1100.00 of people, hide it in the price and just tell people this is what they get at their dealership. $1100.00 if a lot of money to just add on as an “admin fee”.
You are in the business of selling cars. Why should someone have to pay you to sell them a car? That’s what you do.
Some people do not care about the extra 5k if it is stolen. 99.9% are not stolen so someone is making a ton of money off it. 99.9% do not lose their key fobs as well as people damaging their rims.
let the buyers decide if they want the extra coverage without being forced to take it.
Again, $1100 plus tax means close to $1300.00 and I would rather have that in my pocket than the dealers.

Agree 100%. My $60K truck had zero admin fee. Unfortunately these cars are hard to get so many will pay the gouge.

Your dealer fee might be within OMVIC rules but vin etching, key fob and wheel/tire protection are extras and cannot be manadatory or included in the mandatory fees regardless of how beneficial you think they are. This is the type of behaviour that sends your potential customers to the other 2 high volume corvette dealerships.
Thank you for the feedback Denis.

I am not looking to get into a war of words on this forum merely providing transparency in our pricing. There is lots of room for multiple dealerships with this great vehicle and we aren't looking to hoard every customer for ourselves. We do have great relationships with those who do choose us.

Have a great day!

Jeff

Jeff, thanks for the clarification on the $1,099 dealer fee. Since we got you here, what is your dealership's practice on the recent $1500 MSRP and options increases? Customers with sold order and event 1100 are price protected? If they are protected, these grandfathered customers would be charged the old prices or be charged the new MSRP then get a credit/refund back on the bill of sales?
Orders received by GM Canada prior to March 1, 2021 are protected. This means your order had to be past status 2000 at that time to be protected.

Orders at status 1100 are merely an expression of interest in a future piece of potential allocation and unfortunately have not been accepted by GM Canada and are not protected.

Hope that helps!

Jeff

Reactions: kevindesj
Yes you're getting suckered, many members here have bought at WN without buying wheel and tire package and for your 1100 Status I'm sure the sales rep on here from WN can chime in where you are in line for an allocation.

Gilles
Gilles not looking for a war of words on this forum but this is simply not true. Our dealer fee has been included in the offer to sell every C8 we have delivered to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.