zoslick

Casual User
Mar 17, 2021
Markham, ON
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Hey Everyone,

I'm new here to this forum, nice to meet you all!

I have a question about my order that maybe some of you can answer. Long story short, I placed my C8 order in February 2020 from Wilson Niblett. Put a $5000.00 deposit, was forced to agree to get a "Rim & Tire" package which cost $899.00, the salesman said because WN does not charge a premium, this is a "must" thing. So for the hell of it, I signed for it. Then we get to this past week (which is a year later), the salesman sends me a revised order form for 2021 for new price adjustments on the Z51 and 2LT costs, increases the "Rim & Tire" package to a "Platinum" Tire package now costing $1099.00, and says the previous "Rim & Tire" package was for a Camaro and not for the Vette and that he made a mistake. He tells me I need to sign and submit the revised form ASAP because WN is sending in the orders on March 18, 2021. I asked him what number I was in the line up and he doesn't tell me, but says if I want my car by June, I need to sign it.

So I am quite lost right now, I don't want any Tire packages because I'll be changing my tire and rims anyway, and I know for a fact that another member from Corvetteforum placed his order in February 2020 and got his car by November 2020 from Cobourg. Can you guys please offer me your advice on how I should proceed with this or if I should go somewhere else? I honestly feel quite uncomfortable with needing to pay for something I don't want.

Also, I asked the agent why my order wasn't submitted last year when I placed the order, he said it was submitted and I got an order number which was what kept me in line but now they need to submit a final order. He said my production status was in the 1100? not sure what that means exactly.

Anyways, looking forward to all your advice and comments. Thanks!

Wilson-Niblett is a Forum sponsor/vendor with a good reputation so you might consider contacting Jeff directly (start a conversation with "Wilson-Niblett") who frequents these Forums, to sort this out. You should be told whether you've received a 2021 allocation and whether your order is going in for that allocation. You shouldn't be "forced" to purchase a more expensive tire/rim warranty but rather allowed to walk away from something that's now higher priced. I wonder if you're dealing with an inexperienced salesperson??

Google or check out these Forums for an explanation of the GM vehicle production codes. When you're at 1100: ORDER PLACED AT DEALERSHIP / PRELIMINARY ORDER ACCEPTED. If you've got an allocation, once your order is submitted you should be at 3000: ORDER ACCEPTED BY PRODUCTION CONTROL. I'd hope by now (after 14 months) you've received an actual allocation. It sounds like that because you've mentioned a March 18 deadline: a dealership has a limited amount of time to submit an order to GM, when making use of an allocation it's received from GM.

Hopefully all this will get sorted out. If all else fails and given the tight timeline, ask to talk to a new vehicle sales manager if you're having doubts about your salesperson.

These Forums offer you a wealth of info; it's a matter of you sitting down and browsing through the various postings to educate yourself. Good luck and let us know how this works out.

Just so you know it's worth.
I hit a pothole and ripped the tire and bent the rim. I was lucky that Uxbridge paid for it because I could prove it was the pothole that did the damage. The dealer told me it happens a lot with small sidewall tires. The price to replace the tire and rim was around $1500.00
I did not have pay for that insurance with Brian Cullen

ORDER STATUS CODES
Code Description
1100 Order Placed at Dealership - status order requests by dealers
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet
2500 Order Preferenced (or “Picked Up” or “Imaged”)
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to be Sequenced
3300 Order Scheduled for Production
3400 Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4B00 Bayed
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
4200 Vehicle Shipped from Bowling Green
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
5000 Vehicle at Dealer - Awaiting Prep
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer

Hey Everyone,

I'm new here to this forum, nice to meet you all!

I have a question about my order that maybe some of you can answer. Long story short, I placed my C8 order in February 2020 from Wilson Niblett. Put a $5000.00 deposit, was forced to agree to get a "Rim & Tire" package which cost $899.00, the salesman said because WN does not charge a premium, this is a "must" thing. So for the hell of it, I signed for it. Then we get to this past week (which is a year later), the salesman sends me a revised order form for 2021 for new price adjustments on the Z51 and 2LT costs, increases the "Rim & Tire" package to a "Platinum" Tire package now costing $1099.00, and says the previous "Rim & Tire" package was for a Camaro and not for the Vette and that he made a mistake. He tells me I need to sign and submit the revised form ASAP because WN is sending in the orders on March 18, 2021. I asked him what number I was in the line up and he doesn't tell me, but says if I want my car by June, I need to sign it.

So I am quite lost right now, I don't want any Tire packages because I'll be changing my tire and rims anyway, and I know for a fact that another member from Corvetteforum placed his order in February 2020 and got his car by November 2020 from Cobourg. Can you guys please offer me your advice on how I should proceed with this or if I should go somewhere else? I honestly feel quite uncomfortable with needing to pay for something I don't want.

Also, I asked the agent why my order wasn't submitted last year when I placed the order, he said it was submitted and I got an order number which was what kept me in line but now they need to submit a final order. He said my production status was in the 1100? not sure what that means exactly.

Anyways, looking forward to all your advice and comments. Thanks!
Hi , I am in the same situation as you. I placed my deposit in Nov.2019 and finalized my order Feb.3/21 before the price increase. Evert time that I ask where I was on the list it was always a generalized number such as in the 70's or in the 20's. Their admin and doc fee is expense because he say it includes tire and rim protection , 5000 towards a new car if yours lost or wreck and I think the key fob replacement is included also. It is an insurance they try to force you into. Can you not take it I am not sure .

Reactions: zoslick
ORDER STATUS CODES
Code Description
3800 Vehicle Produced
4B00 Bayed
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
Thanks a lot for this! Much appreciate it!

Reactions: Murray20c8
Sorry to hear that.

But if you placed deposit in Feb 2020 and got an order number, and has been 1100 since then, I thought you would be protected from the price increases this March. Did you have a build sheet and a 5 letter order number from Feb/2020?

second, it sounds like your salesperson is finalizing your order and it is likely there is an actual allocation so after March 18, 2021 your order could advance to 2000 and 3000 pretty soon.

I think like others have suggested, may be write to Jeff here or talk to a sales manager to sort these out (price increase, allocation and required rims/wheels package)

Reactions: zoslick
Just so you know it's worth.
I hit a pothole and ripped the tire and bent the rim. I was lucky that Uxbridge paid for it because I could prove it was the pothole that did the damage. The dealer told me it happens a lot with small sidewall tires. The price to replace the tire and rim was around $1500.00
I did not have pay for that insurance with Brian Cullen
Murray, he is changing the stock wheels so he doesn't care what the replacement cost is

ORDER STATUS CODES
Code Description
3800 Vehicle Produced
4B00 Bayed
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
Murray once 3300 status is reached and a TPW is provided. When does one usually goto 3400 and get a Vin#? I have herd the week before is that about right?
Thanks

Wow ...
It's time to request and chat with that Dealership's General Sales Manager.
That person should best be able to help your decision
on whether you should follow thru from the $5k that they possess and
for spending your hard-earned income on a vehicle from Wilson Niblett
and without add-ons that you demand 15-30 days post delivery
to decide on (like I now do with extended warranty add-ons too).
It allows you to leave with the vehicle and then disclose your decision after.
This plays right toward your choice of where to service your vehicle(s) at too.

Mandatory pre-delivery extras that you have to sign a contract for,
sure smells strongly and unpleasantly like entitlement-selling shenanigans to me.
Something I would play no part of ... just like with scare-tactic selling as many
a Calgary Dealership Salespeople know from "Cap" & all 3 "CMPs"
and wherever these people relocate to. :Rage:
I negotiated a trade of the "tire protection" add-on attempt during my most
recent purchase with an acceptable discount on accessories that I wanted.

Just my opinion ... and Best of Good Fortune to You :thumbs:

edit: finding out later in this thread that the tire/wheel pricing is part-in-parcel
within a Dealer "benefit package", I have left this comment as-is and added
a follow-up to this comment later on - all good

Last edited:
Reactions: zoslick and BriSco
Status
Not open for further replies.