Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi , I am in the same situation as you. I placed my deposit in Nov.2019 and finalized my order Feb.3/21 before the price increase. Evert time that I ask where I was on the list it was always a generalized number such as in the 70's or in the 20's. Their admin and doc fee is expense because he say it includes tire and rim protection , 5000 towards a new car if yours lost or wreck and I think the key fob replacement is included also. It is an insurance they try to force you into. Can you not take it I am not sure .
Thank you for the feeback! Corvette ETA is extraordinarily difficult to pinpoint with astronomical demand and limited production due to labour strikes compounded by covid compounded by global chip shortages.

We do our very best to keep you informed of your status. Most of our clients have waited 15-18 months from expression of interest in an allocation piece to delivery of vehicle. We are so happy you got a car! Please call our General Manager Chris at 416 997 0420 if you need any clarifications at all.

Wilson-Niblett is a Forum sponsor/vendor with a good reputation so you might consider contacting Jeff directly (start a conversation with "Wilson-Niblett") who frequents these Forums, to sort this out. You should be told whether you've received a 2021 allocation and whether your order is going in for that allocation. You shouldn't be "forced" to purchase a more expensive tire/rim warranty but rather allowed to walk away from something that's now higher priced. I wonder if you're dealing with an inexperienced salesperson??

Google or check out these Forums for an explanation of the GM vehicle production codes. When you're at 1100: ORDER PLACED AT DEALERSHIP / PRELIMINARY ORDER ACCEPTED. If you've got an allocation, once your order is submitted you should be at 3000: ORDER ACCEPTED BY PRODUCTION CONTROL. I'd hope by now (after 14 months) you've received an actual allocation. It sounds like that because you've mentioned a March 18 deadline: a dealership has a limited amount of time to submit an order to GM, when making use of an allocation it's received from GM.

Hopefully all this will get sorted out. If all else fails and given the tight timeline, ask to talk to a new vehicle sales manager if you're having doubts about your salesperson.

These Forums offer you a wealth of info; it's a matter of you sitting down and browsing through the various postings to educate yourself. Good luck and let us know how this works out.
Thank you for the feedback and your support! Great advice.

I would have too if it were, but apparently, I was told it's just an extra commission for the salesman.

Hey Everyone, Thank you all for your amazing advice, tips, and experience! Totally appreciate it! I was actually contacted by Chris, the General Manager of WN last night and was caught by surprise because, how did he figure out my true identity from this forum? lol. Anyway, Chris was quite informative and cleared up all the questions I had, mainly the Tire & Rim charge. Gave me the choice to either keep it or ditch it, but assured me I had every right to choose and that he would honour the $899 price instead of the $1099 price if I decided to keep it, only because I signed for it. He was able to tell me my current order status (coming allotment has my order in, woohoo), and because of all the misunderstandings, he threw in a set of winter tires with rims, car cover, and a limited edition Corvette BBQ. So we're all good now! I guess after I told him I bought both my previous corvettes from WN (C5 Z06 and C6 Caravaggio Edition), it made me more a part of the WN fam? Just my speculation, but overall, the misunderstandings have been rectified and we're all good.

So it's estimated the car will arrive in June, fingers crossed! Thank you all again! btw, I was kidding about the winter rims, car cover, and bbq... would be nice though, at least the car cover... just saying... lol
Thank you so much zoslick we can't wait for your C8 to arrive and are so happy you got a car!!

Reactions: zoslick
Thank you for the feedback. Every client has their own preferences and I can certainly understand you wanting to pay less!

We all want to pay less for everything in life! And we would never fault anyone for having price objections. As a reputable dealer all we can do is be honest and transparent and give the consumer all the information they need to make an informed decision about whether they wish to proceed with the purchase or not!
I understand you are being upfront Jeff but unless I read it differently, the consumer is being forced to take an insurance policy that he or she may not want to pay for. Am I correct or have I missed something? I am not trying to be confrontational in anyway I just want to make sure I have it correct. Thank you for replying by the way that is appreciated!

Reactions: kerry4 and Dik
I understand you are being upfront Jeff but unless I read it differently, the consumer is being forced to take an insurance policy that he or she may not want to pay for. Am I correct or have I missed something? I am not trying to be confrontational in anyway I just want to make sure I have it correct. Thank you for replying by the way that is appreciated!
We aren't in a position to force anyone to do anything.

The fee is included in the offer price of the vehicle. The client receives all the information and elects to purchase or not to purchase. We are fully transparent about the benefits in dealing with us and the profit we make in the transaction. For whatever reason some clients do not want to the dealer to profit at all, some don't want dealerships to exist at all. If I am being honest I feel the disdain some hold for dealers is not warranted and is not fair.

At the end of the day we all work really hard, we have strong relationships with our clients, we have huge facilities, equipment, personnel expenses. Does not everyone who goes to work, no matter what field they may be in, do so with the intention of making a profit?

The pricing on our vehicles always has to be competitive, the free market we operate within ensures this. The laws of supply and demand ensure this. Our customer experience also has to be exceptional, our client's ensure this.

Indeed the C8s we have sold to date are all worth more than $25k more than we have sold them for. Nobody has mentioned that fact in this dealer fee discussion!! Never have we forced anyone to buy a C8 Corvette!

I do appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to provide insight into our pricing.

he threw in a set of winter tires with rims, car cover, and a limited edition Corvette BBQ.

So it's estimated the car will arrive in June, fingers crossed! Thank you all again! btw, I was kidding about the winter rims, car cover, and bbq... would be nice though, at least the car cover... just saying... lol

Dam, I was just about to slander WN to get the gift package! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Rebby and zoslick
We aren't in a position to force anyone to do anything.

The fee is included in the offer price of the vehicle. The client receives all the information and elects to purchase or not to purchase. We are fully transparent about the benefits in dealing with us and the profit we make in the transaction. For whatever reason some clients do not want to the dealer to profit at all, some don't want dealerships to exist at all. If I am being honest I feel the disdain some hold for dealers is not warranted and is not fair.

At the end of the day we all work really hard, we have strong relationships with our clients, we have huge facilities, equipment, personnel expenses. Does not everyone who goes to work, no matter what field they may be in, do so with the intention of making a profit?

The pricing on our vehicles always has to be competitive, the free market we operate within ensures this. The laws of supply and demand ensure this. Our customer experience also has to be exceptional, our client's ensure this.

Indeed the C8s we have sold to date are all worth more than $25k more than we have sold them for. Nobody has mentioned that fact in this dealer fee discussion!! Never have we forced anyone to buy a C8 Corvette!

I do appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to provide insight into our pricing.
Jeff, if your customer relationships were as strong as you are telling us they are, you would not have to reply to so
many negative posts.
Your customers would be able to obtain the answers to their questions through your sales reps.
It would appear to me that you and your clients do not share the same opinion on your dealerships relationships
when them that you do.
Perhaps a topic of discussion for future in house sales meetings.
No one likes bad news but we do expect the facts.
Thank you for your factual replies.

Reactions: kerry4 and Nt2oldyt
Jeff, if your customer relationships were as strong as you are telling us they are, you would not have to reply to so
many negative posts.
Your customers would be able to obtain the answers to their questions through your sales reps.
It would appear to me that you and your clients do not share the same opinion on your dealerships relationships
when them that you do.
Perhaps a topic of discussion for future in house sales meetings.
No one likes bad news but we do expect the facts.
Thank you for your factual replies.
Blu thank you for the feedback. The sales person in this case did error in the communication and our GM immediately made it right. His phone number is posted on this forum and he is always available to answer any questions. Access for our client's is a core pillar of our organization, as are honesty and integrity.

This thread was created by one customer of thousands who had a misunderstanding and the client has since posted that he is very happy! A lot of the WN "Slander", as Murray eloquently referenced, have not actually ever been to our dealership. We would invite everyone on the forums to pop by and make our acquaintance we would be eager to serve you.

You can always depend on Wilson Niblett to be completely transparent with every single one of our clients. Never will we mislead a client for monetary gain. Period. No exceptions.

Jeff

Reactions: 12cents
Blu thank you for the feedback. The sales person in this case did error in the communication and our GM immediately made it right. His phone number is posted on this forum and he is always available to answer any questions. Access for our client's is a core pillar of our organization, as are honesty and integrity.

This thread was created by one customer of thousands who had a misunderstanding and the client has since posted that he is very happy! A lot of the WN "Slander", as Murray eloquently referenced, have not actually ever been to our dealership. We would invite everyone on the forums to pop by and make our acquaintance we would be eager to serve you.

You can always depend on Wilson Niblett to be completely transparent with every single one of our clients. Never will we mislead a client for monetary gain. Period. No exceptions.

Jeff
With that everyone I have to get back to work!

I did not feel I was responding to negative posts but rather providing the insight that was requested of me.

I hope my posts have been informative and I thank you all again for your interest in our dealership and the star of the show the C8.

Have a great weekend to all and can't wait to see some you with the Corvette driving season just around the corner!

Jeff

Jeff
Well answered.
I must admit before I ordered my C8 I spoke to John Wilson and found him forthright on all issues. That was July of 2019 and he, like
so many dealers expected their allocations to increase substantially with the huge investment GM put into BGA to increase production facilities.
But Covid screwed that all up.
His honesty convinced me to go with my existing small town dealer, and I was fortunate to take delivery in July 2020.
So my experience with WN was positive.

A few follow-up observations:

1) I've purchased a tire/rim package before and it's saved me $$$ on replacement tires (3 tires) plus one replacement rim that met a huge pothole (Murray shared the same experience). Check out the prices of today's new OEM chrome rims, which far exceed the cost of a tire, and you'll realize its benefit for a rim in particular. So s**t happens and for me, having the warranty more than paid for itself. If you don't believe it's worth anything, that's your opinion and you're of course entitled to your point of view. The other things included by WN for the price, may or may not be useful and it's a matter of being happy to have them if you need them...and again, you're entitled to your point of view of you see no need for them, never purchase them and have never needed them (lucky you).

2) If WN's policy is to tell potential buyers of its "dealer admin fee" is a requirement for any deal, that's AOK as long as it's up front and as Jeff said, that fully complies with the government regulations. The original OP was told of it and the $899 price. That original $899 price has been honoured by WN and Jeff explained what happened when the salesman suggested the new higher price. So that has been dealt with.

3) Many will appreciate that the OP is now going to get a C8 with his allocation/order. Many would happily pay the $899 (or over $1,000) to be in his shoes rather than wait for another year...and many have paid a lot more in some cases to get a C8. Again, you can say "I'll NEVER pay more than MSRP nor EVER pay for any dealer add-ons". Fine. You're entitled to your point of view but that doesn't change the fact that others have and will continue to pay more than MSRP for a car that's in short supply.

4) Finally and for all of you "nay-sayers" on this thread, I hope more than just those who acknowledged Jeff's feedback, appreciate the fact he DID respond in a public forum and addressed everyone's concerns. Not many car dealerships would face a car community and take the time or bother to do that. So kudos to Jeff/WN, IMO.

And no, I've no affiliation with Jeff or WN or any Ontario dealership. But my habit is to acknowledge "good service" whenever I see it...by my server at a restaurant or a bank teller who goes out of his/her way to assist me. People are generally quick to voice a complaint but I think we should be equally quick to give credit where due. The world would be a better place. My 2 cents.

I bought my C8 from Jeff and the entire experience was excellent. I did pay for the tire and rim warranty but was happy to pay it if it meant getting a car. In the US there are dealers marking these up by $25000. I think an extra $1000 was money well spent.
iOS Image - 1718887198.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.