Jan 23, 2015
VetteCoins
As of yesterday GM released additional allocations, as some of you now know. I was informed yesterday at about 3:30pm that some allocations had been released.

Currently aware of six total for Canada. Five in Ontario and one out West

Crazy 36 Hours

Hey guys, this is my first post. The last 36 hours have been kind of crazy for me. I've been looking for a Z for the last 7 months or so and getting nowhere - it's been a frustration that I know you all have been sharing. I've had deposits down at 4 dealers - yeah, I really want a Z06. But, it seemed like little good those deposits were doing me. Just last week I called up dealer #2 and was asking about when I might get a car - I was told that I was first in line, there. Well, he had nothing that he could tell me except that maybe more allocations would show up some time next month (April) or first week of May. So, what should happen but dealer #3 calls me up, yesterday morning, and says he has a car for me.... we go through the whole process and he guarantees me the car. I was about to go drive over and see him, today to finalize the deal (and give him some more $$) - I was about to leave in 40 minutes (this dealer is out of town for me) when dealer #1 calls me and says that he has a car for me, and that I'm 100% going to get it. Well, what to do? Honestly, I wanted to buy the car locally and dealer #1 is in town. So, I call up dealer #3 and cancel the car - what? As if I just did that after waiting for months to get one. I call back dealer #1 and take the car... make sure all the options are like I want it and it, there you have it, I'm getting the car. This all sounds crazy enough (to me, at least) when, 2 hours later, dealer #2 calls up and he says that he has a car for me. Man, this is crazy! I tell him that I just agreed, a couple of hours ago to buy a car and that I no longer need his Z allocation. I hated doing that - but what else can I do? I hardly need 3 Z06s! Hopefully these unused purchases on my part will translate into cars that some of you, here on the forum, can get a hold of. To think that 1 week ago I was telling people that I didn't think that I'd be getting a car this year and then, in the last 36 hours, getting my car and passing up on 2 more. I know that I'll feel better when the car is parked in my driveway and I truly know that I have it. Anyways, there are cars out there for guys that want them - neither of the dealerships with the cars that I gave up sounded like they had a list and they'd sell to the first person who calls. Sorry for the novel.... but, this is my story and I thought that I'd share.

Congratulations! I am as well getting a Z and looking forward to it, although they just did push my build day back a month....and probably to make room for fluency of the Ontario orders. Hope to meet up this summer.

Congrats Moter! and welcome to Canadian Corvette Forums......

Please keep us posted on progress and thanks for the heads-up on the 'excess' Z06's. I'm sure it will be glad news for many out there.

Colin.

I have just returned from the Vancouver Auto Show and spoke with a salesmen from Carter GM in BC who claims they got the Western Allocation for the Z06. Sounds as though if you want it built to your specifications you will need to submit the order by Friday March 27 (today). I'd snap it up but my Z51 arrives tomorrow... sigh... if only there were allocations a few months ago. Such is life...!

last week's Ontario allocation goes to status 3000

As of yesterday GM released additional allocations, as some of you now know. I was informed yesterday at about 3:30pm that some allocations had been released.

Currently aware of six total for Canada. Five in Ontario and one out West

Barry Hudson Chevrolet in Listowel was notified that my Z06 order (ZL1, white/red, Z07, nav/PDR, indoor cover) went to status 3000 (accepted for production, I believe) yesterday. No idea re TPW.

I think I got one of the allocations out west! Dealer called last Thursday and said that it was a go. Build date is April 23 then 3 weeks for delivery. Should be here just in time for clean dry roads!

2015 Z06 auto, convertible (not tracking the car) Laguna Blue, 3LZ , black top and wheels, dark gray interior, stage 2 visible carbon fiber , carbon flash hood singer and mirrors,

Last edited:
Sounds nice crazy! I'm hoping to order my vert this June. Black, black top, black interior with sueded inserts( stitching to be dyed red after purchase, black wheels, red calipers, Z07,3LZ carbon dash, visible carbon fiber aero...not sure on trans yet....likely A8 but not totally sure...I will wait and see what the price increase is. That could influence my decision some. Enjoy the hell out of your car for me.

Last edited:
Not too sure.....eheheh. On the other Forum Joe Blow took his bone stock (except for tires) Z06 with 27 miles to the track and pulled off two consistent 10s runs, the best being a 10.38 1/4 mile...

Part of me wants that manual....all my toy cars had to be a manual previously. I told my gear head friends at the beginning "I can't believe it but I'm leaning towards the A8 auto".....silence lol. Fact is that technology has changed and so has the traffic flow in Southern Ontario lol. Either way I think I will be all smiles with whatever choice I make. Both are turning some great times at the track. As more guys get out there we will see even better times I'm sure.

Sounds nice crazy! I'm hoping to order my vert this June. Black, black top, black interior with sueded inserts( stitching to be dyed red after purchase, black wheels, red calipers, Z07,#LZ carbon dash, visible carbon fiber aero...not sure on trans yet....likely A8 but not totally sure...I will wait and see what the price increase is. That could influence my decision some. Enjoy the hell out of your car for me.

Oh I plan on it!! Got the holidays booked for a road trip to Deadwood, SD with the new beast. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve except I have to wait 6 weeks to play with my new toy!!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.