and of course the quote just to fix the maf sensors and relays is 728$.... i laughed, they laughed.... i went to ebay.... it was a good time

they wont even quote the trans leak till they get it on a lift but i suspect more of the same $$$ BS

and of course the quote just to fix the maf sensors and relays is 728$.... i laughed, they laughed.... i went to ebay.... it was a good time

they wont even quote the trans leak till they get it on a lift but i suspect more of the same $$$ BS

You will find that you get what you pay for with mechanics in these cars.
A good mechanic is making Doctors wages because he/she is worth every penny.
What is piece of mind worth?
On a Chevy "car" compared to a Corvette.... totally different animal.
Special cars like these need special people working on them that understand and respect the performance design and close tolerances.
I hope it works out well for you and you are still laughing when it's all fixed up.

I agree, the outrageous quote to change the mass airflow and relay and burnoff sensor had me laughing. I can do that myself with parts from all over the web. the guy who did the diagnosis was a mech who knew these older corvettes. unfortunately he was just a contractor who runs around and does diagnosis. he kindof solved the mass airflow issue by just disconnecting the sensor altogether. and guess what. it worked. i asked if this had any long term consequences and he said that mass air flow stuff is one of the first things to go on these old cars. an no, it doesnt have any long term issues. the computer just relearns after you disconnect and reconnect the battery and drive it around for a bit.

i fear to think what the main company would charge for the transmition. I will be sniffing out a mech who has his heart in the job and not just a canadian tire grease monkey who will turn the differential into a jig-saw puzzle. The GM guru who did the diagnosis said that even he wouldnt touch the transmition issue because it is a royal pain in the ass. hes been a mech for 24 years and that just confirms that i wont leave it in the hands of some apprentice. no matter what it costs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.