The way you guys are talking, I don't know why Chevy would even came up with the idea to introduce something new called the C8!

It's called economics... A mid-engine Corvette has been in the works for decades. GM intends within three years of having 50,000 C8's in the oversea's markets to challenge the euro super cars and get their foot into a relatively non-existent Australian sports car market and they announced earlier this year that they are killing the Holden automotive production by 2021. Their vision is to reach 200,000 units per year. The Australia, and to an extent, the United Kingdom markets are one of the reasons they are building a right hand drive C8. Selling 30,000 C8's at bargain basement prices in the US and Canada will never cover the research, engineering and development that has gone into this car. It's all about profit, and the success of the C7 solidified their decision to continue C8 development.

What a great forum. Helped me know that i made the right decision after all! C7 GS with a M7. As a Respiratory Therapist in upstate NY we are swimming in Covid...
Life is short. Tomorrow is not guaranteed.
And as my Grandfather used to say, god love him, “You never see a Brinks truck following a hearse!”..

Ryergti, Great choice :thumbs: and hope you get plenty of smiles this summer. The situation is terrible in your state and not showing signs of improving yet. Look after yourself and your family and stay safe.

Reactions: ryergti
Congratulations on a good choice! And at the same time, a story just broke regarding a quality control issue on the C8, missing screws on a "winglet" on the front facia. Again, waiting for a later car tends to allow all the bugs to get worked out.

Reactions: ryergti
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.