Sep 10, 2020
London
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette HTC
Province
ON
It's been 7 months since the last thread was on here about the upcoming Grand Sport and over the summer the focus has been on other models.
Today the chatter about the Grand Sport has resurfaced as now the ZR1 has been announced and the Zora is being track tested over in Germany
for the past couple of weeks. The question then becomes what's next? What will carry the C8's customer excitement up until the launch of the C9?
I spoke about this to my Corvette club's executive this past spring to see if there would be any interest in having a 2028 75th anniversary Grand Sport
car raffle to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the club. I was involved in one of these before with the launch of the Z06 with the Wasaga Beach Corvette
club during the C5 Z06 launch and that raffle still continues today.
So, long story short, here's what to expect. The 2027 will be a short model year build. For 2028 expect an 18 month build perhaps 19 months like the C7 ZR1 was back
in 2018-2019 for the swan song to the C8 being the 75th Anniversary C8 Grand Sport. I don't have confirmation yet of the new LT3 sixth generation small block V8
but do expect 550 HP. The 33 inch wrap around dash will be a carry over from 2026, it will feature a 75th anniversary package with a unique exterior colour, interior and rims
along the lines of prior anniversary models. Grand sports traditionally carry a wider footprint so the Z06 body styling is expected. Pricing with be the C8 plus 10-15K and expect
the 75th anniversary package to be another 8-10K. That should create some excitement for the last year of the C8 by offering pricing of 25K less than the E-Ray.
More information will trickle out over the next year or two but as of now that is the plan for the duration of the C8. This message will self destruct in 15 seconds!

As long as it's all speculation, perhaps G.M. will bring out the GS as a fully electric variant.
You won't get the exhaust 'noise' of the Z06, but you will pick up valuable storage space lost in the ZR1.
It would certainly be lighter than the E-Ray (for all those concerned), and be equiped, of course, with 4 wheel drive.
I don't think it would take too much Engineering to ensure it's the fastest thing offered by G.M., street or track.
To quell the 'Old School' boys, they might even throw in a wide band of electronically infused sound options, just so you can choose whatever 'noise' suits your mood.
No, eh?

I am on the fence. I would have to see the C9 before I decide if I want the last year C8 GS or wait for a C9 stingray
Denis, wouldn't we all like that. You will start seeing spy shots in late 2027 but I will fill you in before that.

I’m on embargo until 2030, will see what’s offered then. Until then, I’m lovin my Z06, it’s special to me.
Antony you have a keeper there. See me in 2031 and we'll get you your C9 Z06 ordered then!

Reactions: JoeyBats
As long as it's all speculation, perhaps G.M. will bring out the GS as a fully electric variant.
You won't get the exhaust 'noise' of the Z06, but you will pick up valuable storage space lost in the ZR1.
It would certainly be lighter than the E-Ray (for all those concerned), and be equiped, of course, with 4 wheel drive.
I don't think it would take too much Engineering to ensure it's the fastest thing offered by G.M., street or track.
To quell the 'Old School' boys, they might even throw in a wide band of electronically infused sound options, just so you can choose whatever 'noise' suits your mood.
No, eh?
I cannot fathom why and how you can call the sound of an ICE “ noise “ . Then again to each their own. Mind you there is nothing as melodic as the scream of a well tuned Prius …. ;)

I cannot fathom why and how you can call the sound of an ICE “ noise “ . Then again to each their own. Mind you there is nothing as melodic as the scream of a well tuned Prius …. ;)

Don't get me wrong - I do enjoy the low level rumble of my E-Ray, as I'm quite sure most Stingray owners/enthusiasts also do.
Would I miss it in an all-electric Corvette? - Absolutely.
The issue I have is that a small segment of owners/enthusiasts seemingly have decided that there is a direct relationship between 'noise' levels and the vehicle's overall performance and worth.
For those locked into this mindset, the unfortunate reality is that with the introduction of electrification, vehicles are now heading into an entire new realm of performance.
While my fictional electric Grand Sport pun is but a 'jab' at this group, it is certainly a possibility, right?
Perhaps we can fund a help hotline to assist all the afflicted Z06 owners overcome the trauma of having been left in the rear-view mirror.

Reactions: 1st Vette
@Mr.Corvette When will the interior get an update (wrap around dash etc)? 2026MY?
Harlan Charles inadvertantly confirmed a "new interior" at the Bash last April. But exactly what will be new is anyone's guess. Maybe it will have a wraparound dash, maybe not. No one who knows is talking, and no one who's talking actually knows.

Harlan Charles inadvertantly confirmed a "new interior" at the Bash last April. But exactly what will be new is anyone's guess. Maybe it will have a wraparound dash, maybe not. No one who knows is talking, and no one who's talking actually knows.
Unless your on the inside and have seen it.

Don't get me wrong - I do enjoy the low level rumble of my E-Ray, as I'm quite sure most Stingray owners/enthusiasts also do.
Would I miss it in an all-electric Corvette? - Absolutely.
The issue I have is that a small segment of owners/enthusiasts seemingly have decided that there is a direct relationship between 'noise' levels and the vehicle's overall performance and worth.
For those locked into this mindset, the unfortunate reality is that with the introduction of electrification, vehicles are now heading into an entire new realm of performance.
While my fictional electric Grand Sport pun is but a 'jab' at this group, it is certainly a possibility, right?
Perhaps we can fund a help hotline to assist all the afflicted Z06 owners overcome the trauma of having been left in the rear-view mirror.
The “ noise “ absolutely contributes to the overall experience of driving a performance car but noise alone doesn’t contribute to performance per se . Interestingly a number of vehicle manufacturers are pulling back on their plans for EV’s and are beginning to focus more on hybrids. Ford have cut production in half in some cases. Until the price drops and charging infrastructure can match the availability and convenience of pumping gas I don’t see ICE vehicles going anywhere soon.

I would predict that the mandate for 100% electric by 2035 will not come to pass . As for our current governments net zero focus , fantasy . Not to say that once solid state batteries become a reality and charging time drops dramatically that the move to electrification isn’t the way of the future as it should be from an environmental standpoint . But it will depend on technology that is far from mature enough for the transition to happen in the overly optimistic timeframe currently being proposed. Just my two cents.

Unless your on the inside and have seen it.
Thanks for sharing.
As long as the msrp is reasonable and hope that our dollar keep rising against a weaker usd in 2 years ahead? Turmoil is coming to the economy/stock market in 2026.
However, there are so many options to choose from by then in the used car market that will present a win win for any buyers that doesn't mind a pre-owned option as well?
A used high miles stingray with an built Lingenfelter 427/700hp LT2 is a mighty attractive option. :)