The “ noise “ absolutely contributes to the overall experience of driving a performance car but noise alone doesn’t contribute to performance per se . Interestingly a number of vehicle manufacturers are pulling back on their plans for EV’s and are beginning to focus more on hybrids. Ford have cut production in half in some cases. Until the price drops and charging infrastructure can match the availability and convenience of pumping gas I don’t see ICE vehicles going anywhere soon.

I would predict that the mandate for 100% electric by 2035 will not come to pass . As for our current governments net zero focus , fantasy . Not to say that once solid state batteries become a reality and charging time drops dramatically that the move to electrification isn’t the way of the future as it should be from an environmental standpoint . But it will depend on technology that is far from mature enough for the transition to happen in the overly optimistic timeframe currently being proposed. Just my two cents.
I'm with you 100% on EV's and the mandates not passing. I work at an Audi dealer and the issues we have with all of our electric cars are numerous.

We have cars simply shutting down in the middle of the road. Complete dash boards going black. AC units on Q4's that fail at 200km from new. Its a nightmare!

We have a current customer who's first Q4 we had to buy back at 2000kms with a faulty battery pack. His current Q4 is now in the shop with 150kms on it and it has the same problem. We are now buying it back and he is done with EV's and possibly Audi itself.

I don't think the payback is there for a 1 year only GS. I can't think if any other 1 year only car that was anything more than stickers and paint.
I suppose they could put the wide body used on the E-Ray and Z06 and put it onto a Stingray.
No new part required (aside from stickers and paint).

Reactions: 12cents
I suppose they could put the wide body used on the E-Ray and Z06 and put it onto a Stingray.
No new part required (aside from stickers and paint).
Having said this, what happened in the past with the Grand Sport?
I'm asking, as I'm really unaware.
I know the one's I've seen look very nice, but did they come out with a more powerful engine, specialty suspension - what?

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
First run was for 4 years, second for 3.

Even with all the parts available with tweaks to software, wiring harnesses and emblems etc., I just don't see a 1 year model happening. They wouldn't cover the marketing costs with one year.

First run was for 4 years, second for 3.

Even with all the parts available with tweaks to software, wiring harnesses and emblems etc., I just don't see a 1 year model happening. They wouldn't cover the marketing costs with one year.
Personally (and joking aside), I don't see a Grand Sport coming out either, but then I'm not a 'seasoned' Corvette enthusiast.

I'm with you 100% on EV's and the mandates not passing. I work at an Audi dealer and the issues we have with all of our electric cars are numerous.

We have cars simply shutting down in the middle of the road. Complete dash boards going black. AC units on Q4's that fail at 200km from new. Its a nightmare!

We have a current customer who's first Q4 we had to buy back at 2000kms with a faulty battery pack. His current Q4 is now in the shop with 150kms on it and it has the same problem. We are now buying it back and he is done with EV's and possibly Audi itself.
According to Consumer Reports EV’s have over 70% more problems than ICE vehicles. Another point is that when they tout the range specs stating that you can get up to say 500 km on a full charge the key word is “ full “ . Not every one is aware of the fact that you shouldn’t charge a lithium ion battery past 80% or discharge below 20% as it can dramatically affect battery life span. Not to mention that the last 20% of charge if you do takes almost as long as the first 60% if you start charging at 20% . Which means that in actuality you are getting 60% of total capacity available so the 500 km range would be 300 km available per charge.

Very misleading to say the least. Even the software in my phone only charges to 80% by default unless you override it. I believe it’s the same with most if not all EV’s . Caveat emptor Clarice , lol . Personally as for my ICE vehicles the old expression “ from my cold dead hands “ comes to mind…..:buttcheeks:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Gilles27
I dunno. I'm into performance. I care less about noise unless noise is equated to the performance.
So if it's an EV then the more whine might make the experience better!
To me it’s like watching a big budget action movie. Quite a difference in the experience listening to the soundtrack on the TV speakers vs a true Dolby Atmos sound system with height speakers for true immersion for example. Completely different experience. But , to each their own.

Good point, however I am sure that the extended production year and MSRP of the C7 ZR1 helped justify that car. I'm not sure that a GS would do the same...but we'll see! I would guess that if they are indeed producing a GS, it will come out for at least a couple of years - especially if Stingray demand drops off.

If the time line is accurate, will a widebody alone be enough to attract an potential buyer over the LT2 SR?

With the sucess of the mid engine C8, the prospect of the C9 LT3 SR may worth holding off for over the GS?
Some of us hope that it will be lighter slimmer C9.

Last edited:
If the time line is accurate, will a widebody alone be enough to attract an potential buyer over the LT2 SR?

With the sucess of the mid engine C8, the prospect of the C9 LT3 SR may worth holding off for over the GS?
Some of us hope that it will be lighter slimmer C9.
C9 will be a heavily face lifted C8 using the same chassis so don’t expect any weight loss.

Reactions: 1st Vette
Grand Sport has always been the model to help sales after the Z06/base models come out. For people who don't want a Z06/ZR1 but still want to buy something more then a Stingray/base model. Its a volume seller.

It seems odd to only offer it for one model year, especially at the end of the run.

2025 pricing now has a 70-80k price chasm in between a Stingray and an E-Ray/Z06. Its actually going to be higher because you will be able to find Stingrays at discounts. It seems insane to me that GM doesn't have something already to slot above a Stingray but below an E-Ray/Z06.

I know the Canadian market doesn't dictate models for GM, especially because our luxury tax inflates the price delta but I'm sure the US is frustrated that the next model above a Stingray costs 50% more when thats never been the case.

I guess this means that massive discounts will be back soon just like every other Corvette generation.

Goes to show that whoever got into their cars early before all the price hikes are laughing.