Status
Not open for further replies.

Rruuff Day

Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
VetteCoins
Hello all. Here is the post many have been waiting for. The 6th annual Meet and Greet in Ponoka, Alberta will be held on May 12, 2018. Here is the flyer. Hope to see you there.

Eric, on behalf of Bruce (Somebuddy)

Meet and Greet-3.jpg

Hey Eric thanks for posting our event......love that pic of all these vettes following the old motor home up a hill.
It would be great if everyone would reply here if their coming to the event or not.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
I tried RSVP,ing to the cold lake show on CZ. Something wouldn’t let me. Are there bugs to be worked out still?

I tried RSVP,ing to the cold lake show on CZ. Something wouldn’t let me. Are there bugs to be worked out still?
Appears to be working fine Mike. Have four RSVP's since last night. Make sure all the fields are filled out.... that's about all I got right now....

Hi Spence, what are you thinking for the group from Calgary for time? The Breakfast starts at 8 am and the meet itself at 9 am. We are 1/2 hour from Red Deer to Ponoka. (As long as we don't follow an enguneer that will remain anonymous) ;)
So how does 8 or 8:30 am sound to meet then leave 1/2 hour later to reach Ponoka no later than 9:30 am?

We have myself, Rick, Eric and Graham so far and few more to confirm. the A&W on the east side of gasoline alley is where we have met before and keeps us from having to cross the highway. From there to simplify we will head back south to enter Highway 2 just south of the MacKenzie overpass, the construction has a reduced to 80 km/hr speed zone but other than that is a clean run north.

Hi Spence, what are you thinking for the group from Calgary for time? The Breakfast starts at 8 am and the meet itself at 9 am. We are 1/2 hour from Red Deer to Ponoka. (As long as we don't follow an enguneer that will remain anonymous) ;)
So how does 8 or 8:30 am sound to meet then leave 1/2 hour later to reach Ponoka no later than 9:30 am?

We have myself, Rick, Eric and Graham so far and few more to confirm. the A&W on the east side of gasoline alley is where we have met before and keeps us from having to cross the highway. From there to simplify we will head back south to enter Highway 2 just south of the MacKenzie overpass, the construction has a reduced to 80 km/hr speed zone but other than that is a clean run north.
Awesome. That A&W will work fine for Calgary to plan to be there 8-8:30am.
I have seen a post with a group from Calgary leaving at 7am with a brief stop in Airdrie ... which works :thumbs:
Thank you for your quick reply Paul.

Hey Paul.... 8:30 at Albert and Walters east, sounds good... Even though the breakfast caterer is starting at 8:00, I really don't think there will be many there at that hour....

And by the way, no one ever accused me of being transportation enguneer..... :tongue2:

Reactions: Rick9456
Ya, breakfast at 8am when we have to travel an hour is kinda early.

Maybe 9 am Breakfast sounds better Bruce.

Not saying I will be up that early but can try to arrive for 9-9:30am maybe and wash car after. hopefully... ha

I see they are caulking my condo complex for some paving ( patch work ) .... it better not be near the Ponoka weekend. I will ask the mgmt company when

If it is I will try move the car to my shop and keep up on my hoist for a few days.

B

Last edited:
Reactions: Baby Ray
Status
Not open for further replies.