Xpel Ultimate is WAY better than 3M. It is newer technology and has a number of better features. I had it on my Camaro and I have it on my vette.
Hit The Google on it, SWNR. (Spence with No R)
I appreciate your response. I stopped searching because I found a few negative comments - likely because unhappy people most always have the time top to spend and voice that they are unhappy and some having good reason of course. The happy people seem to be thrilled and just move on unheard. What I really like is that I have this forum with good people who afford the time to voice either way. So I Thank You (and all) for allowing the Sun to peek out from behind the cloud. Cheers!

I have heard both good and bad on either one SWNR but I think that's to be expected of anything. AllFlash had his Z06 Xpel'd from new I believe and the last I heard, he has a ton of miles on it and it still looks great.... I had 3M on my C6 and had no complaints at all so each to his own.... If the Xpel actually heals itself when punctured as some owners say it does, that's a bonus. If you have picked a good repair shop, I'm sure all will be fine and your car will continue to look great! :thumbs:

Car is being repaired at the same place we see people take Bentley, Tesla and all kinds of exotics. We have been there on 3 occasions with excellent work on GMCs.
This is the only time I have separated the Rock Protection away from them and to another fella I know. Difference being 3M versus xPel Ultimate. The other
being the expense of the extra surfaces that I want protected. So it is looking quite quickly that I will be getting great product and I can attest to the respectful price.
I know part of the expensive 3M quote was due to the fact of the Body Shop overhead and "greed" of the 3rd party Consultant who does a lot of TV advertising in Calgary. My xPel Consultant is Mobile (does it in my "clean" garage) and has less overhead as a result ...
Thank you for commenting.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Some quick points: Xpel will not heal from a major puncture or rip/tear. What it does so is heal itself from marks and mars. The heat of the sun will do it as will a blow dryer/heat gun on low air flow held far enough away to make it warm and not burn it. It is defiantly more clear as B mentioned due to 3M having something in it that is almost like orange peel that can slightly change the colour of the paint when viewed through it especially after a couple of years. And all things being equal with marks etc you will be replacing 3M sooner than Xpel as 3m will yellow over a handful of years and Xpel takes much longer for that to happen. My thoughts and research and 2 cents worth. Your mileage may vary etc etc yada yada

7 more sleeps and then I get her back ready for xpel ultimate ...

nose
part hood and front fenders
headlights
wheel-to-wheel rockers and lower doors
pillars
part roof panel
spoiler face

... then I get to wake up from this nightmare ... and get back on the road

Ya just to the back of the hood vent and angled to match it on each side to the top of the wheel.
This is how I had it originally. I was OK with it. The hood ended up being done after they had it under
the repair shop finish lights and then saw the 3M knicked up. So the hood paint was OK until they had to remove the 3M and decided to do the whole thing.
The entire car has new paint now except for the back hatch and back bumper. A "nightmare" seeing it with all panels off :nailbiting:
I got my claim into the road contractor last week ... one thing at a time for me keeps me sane.

claim? I was unaware something actually happened to it? I would recommend whole hood and spoiler to be honest if it isn't too late. Easy to get a rock chip on hood part close to windshield surprisingly . And rocks fly up over rear quarter shoulders of the car and catch the spoiler. I have marks on the front of both ends of my spoiler film from that already.

The spoiler front face is being done. That should cover the debris from the front and load & unload from the hatch in the middle area. Any added thoughts?
The whole hood is something I will ask in regard to the extra cost ... I have an awesome fella who does this for the dealerships and is mobile. Low overhead for him and awesome pricing. My insurance company appraiser has now just switched over from the high-overhead companies (like the one who advertises a lot on TV). Thank you ... this keeps me "busy" instead of watching the clock tick for 7 more long grueling days of waiting ...
Then I head up toward Edmonton for a few days (who knows ... weeks) of R&R - just South of you !

ya the first post in this thread kinda gives an overview of my experience near Leduc ....

7 more sleeps and then I get her back ready for xpel ultimate ...

nose
part hood and front fenders
headlights
wheel-to-wheel rockers and lower doors
pillars
part roof panel
spoiler face

... then I get to wake up from this nightmare ... and get back on the road
Yes,your driveway looks incomplete.

Completed after 28 days & I am back in the saddle again !!!
Big thanks to ...
Contemporary Coachworks - South Calgary
Stay Cool Tinting Ltd - Calgary
Brian - 2009CGMZR1

Complete Finish Repair and Paint to all panels except the back hatch & mirrors
(back, all 4 quarter, nose & roof panels off)
new GM-HUD Windshield
xPel Ultimate Protection replacement & additions
Diamond-Fusion Ultra Protective Glass Nano-Coating

Here's today's after xPel & Diamond-Fusion Photo
total comprehensive insured repair cost $10,000

image2.JPG

And you guys have complimented me on the shine my car gives off !! I watched the whole application process this morning and have to say,this pic doesn't give half justice to what it really looks like. From 2 feet away,you can't see the seam. You guys and gals better not forget your shades for the Drumheller cruise. This is one sharp looking car folks !!

And you guys have complimented me on the shine my car gives off !! I watched the whole application process this morning and have to say,this pic doesn't give half justice to what it really looks like. You guys and gals better not forget your shades for the Drumheller cruise. This is one sharp looking car folks !!

oh crap ...
I can't forget to Thank this guy (MikeysZ06) a bunch for putting up with my rather pathetic nature of being without my Corvette for a month during Corvette Season
we spent quite a bit of time keeping busy with other stuff​

28 days? holy hell did they rebuilt your entire car?

windshield, nose, back, the four quarters, both doors, hood & top all suffered rock damage on the QE2 at Airport Nisku Bridge ... it was frightening and antagonizing
vents, mirrors, and more all removed
6 panels repaired off the chassis
(I have a few in-repair photos that I will show in person as they may cause a heart attack)
(when water passes under this bridge - I should be able to post them - as they are extreme)

Contemporary Coachworks second to none !!!​

Last edited:
windshield, nose, back, the four quarters, both doors, hood & top all suffered rock damage on the QE2 at Airport Nisku Bridge ... it was frightening and antagonizing
vents, mirrors, and more all removed
6 panels repaired off the chassis
(I have a few in-repair photos that I will show in person as they may cause a heart attack)
(when water passes under this bridge - I should be able to post them - as they are extreme)​
I was privy to those pics last month. Yes,they are not for the sqeemish.

Reactions: YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread