YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins

Bought a 3M package with my New Corvette
so that impact damage to paint can be minimized.
Never expected that I would be in the process of having
3M removed and replaced due to a massive number of rock chip impacts
on Northbound Alberta QE2 from Leduc
appraised as a 13 day repair starting June 20th
(comprehensive insurance claim)
- hoping to follow up in mid-July with a good report about the 3M product -
I am scared as hell until then

Last edited:
Bought a 3M package with my New Corvette
so that impact damage to paint can be minimized.
Never expected that I would be in the process of having
3M removed and replaced due to a massive number of rock chip impacts
on Northbound Alberta QE2 from Leduc
appraised as a 13 day repair starting June 20th
(comprehensive insurance claim)
- hoping to follow up in mid-July with a good report about the 3M product -
I am scared as hell
Had you not pointed out to me what you did,I'm unsure of how much I would've been able to see. But after you did,,,

:cool: regarding the post above by "2009CGMZR1" ...

I think your comment is bang on this topic ... :thumbs: (for anyone reading this thread in years to come)
As mine is heading to Contemporary Coachworks for up to 13 days :nailbiting: ... the DIY is not an option (as I tought only the 3M took the hit).
My follow-up for this thread is for documenting and reporting on just how much the 3M saved my bacon as I see some do more extensive 3M wraps on their Corvettes. My repair may take less time once the paint surface can be inspected as Contemporary wants to keep as much original as possible :thumbs: but only if not compromised. Heck even the Insurance Appraiser stated that the windshield will be replaced as the pitting looks like it was "winter driven" so a new GM windshield is coming from a Dealership (and then I will be applying my Diamond-Fusion Ultra that I bought from you "B" - right away) :thumbs::thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2009CGMZR1
I just googled the Diamond Fusion Ultra, that stuff look amazing. Is it available here on the forum? Is it a diy or does it have to be apply by a installer? Alway interested in something that will protect my car.

If its not to hard to install, i might be abble to offer this to my client

Verry interesting

Stephane

I have used Xpel Ultimate on my Camaro and now on the Vette. It is a better product over 3m in all my research. It doesn't yellow like 3m does and its actually self healing to a point... A nice sunny day will make a few marks in the Expel actually heal and almost completely disapear. Or use a blow dryer on it from a bit of a distance and it can do the same thing. I can vouch for the healing as I have seen it happen. Is it perfect? nope, but it is a good product.

Reactions: turbozig
I just googled the Diamond Fusion Ultra, that stuff look amazing. Is it available here on the forum? Is it a diy or does it have to be apply by a installer? Alway interested in something that will protect my car.

If its not to hard to install, i might be abble to offer this to my client

Verry interesting

Stephane

Some glass shops might offer it

I have a place I can get it if you want some $75 for the ultra - you could probably get $150 installed - takes 15 min to install

Let me know if you want some

I think it really protects the glass - had it on my ZR1 5 years now - the mid one and now have a coat of the ultra on it

Brian

Reactions: theboss
Hi Stephane... I got the Ultra from Brian (2009CGMZR1) (thanks again Brian) and put it on myself back in May. Easy to install but can't comment on the protection yet. I do know that bugs don't stick to the windshield nearly as bad and come off with just a spray of water... That alone was worth it...lol...

lol... Spence (with no r) started with paint protection and Stephane asked a question about windshield protection...that was what Brian and I responded to... sorry....slight sideways thread movement.... I may ban myself as a penalty...
:aaaww:

Guys its was me, me, me ... so I might get the "r" on this one.
My thread was about 3M replacement and that it is an insurance claim.
In the process, my appraiser concurred that the windshield will also be replaced as the pitting looks like it was winter driven.
Brian knows I bought the product from him for my windshield but it was not applied to it before my damage.
So I tried to head off a comment from Brian on whether the product was on and failed ... wasn't on the windshield and will be on the new one.
So yes, yes, yes the thread has blended into 3M and the windshield Diamond Fusion Ultra.
Spence (no 'r')

Last edited:
hahaha.... no worries and no "r" necessary Spence... It's all good and Randy will survive his confusion trauma ... I'm guessing by now he is confused about what he was originally confused about anyway... :confused:.... :p

hahaha.... no worries and no "r" necessary Spence... It's all good and Randy will survive his confusion trauma ... I'm guessing by now he is confused about what he was originally confused about anyway... :confused:.... :p

Huh?..what?.. Who are you?

No worries Brian. I am too.
thread jacking.png

Guys .... There's one thing about taking a topic off topic and another when you take your own thread off topic ...
and now the off topic is off topic with this topic of taking things off topic ...
and it's the dude who created the thread just realizing it at 2am.
:happy:

so after June 20th, when the car gets worked on, is when I hope to circle back to the main topic of wondering how well 3M did on protecting the paint ... etc, etc, etc

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread