June 20 ... day one ... drop off ... argh this is going to be impossible waiting to get her back.
I did not leave until they drove her out of the parking lot and into the shop.
People were parking beside her - way too close :nailbiting: while I was waiting.
I don't see her again until July 4th at the earliest :(

Reactions: MikeysZ06
I don't see her again until July 4th at the earliest :(

We can always take a spin down there Spence next week and see if you can peek at it? I have an inquiry about my rear 1/4s so,it could be beneficial and stress relieving for us both,

I won't be taken seriously as a C6 owner showing up in a " City " truck inquiring about services. Been there,done that.

Still/back on topic

This thread really de-railed???????

Can anyone tell me more about the Diamond Fusion? I thought about applying some sort of protection on the front windshield, something similar to 3M but I couldn't find anything like that. I do have Sunteck (not sure of the correct name) on the headlights and 3M on the front of the car.

Can anyone tell me more about the Diamond Fusion? I thought about applying some sort of protection on the front windshield, something similar to 3M but I couldn't find anything like that. I do have Sunteck (not sure of the correct name) on the headlights and 3M on the front of the car.
Not that it's any help to you in Ontario tyho but,ZR auto here offers a variety of wrap type materials. Diamond fusion included. I've looked into a few different packages but have yet to pull the trigger. Isn't there some type of place that offers something similar in Toronto?

This thread is not too derailed and pretty much about my 3M being replaced (which it is now in the shop for day #2 :( ) and that I have a box of Diamond Fusion that I obtained from "CCF:2009CGMR1" (Brian) when I was in Ponoka this Spring. I plan to put Diamond Fusion on my windshield as soon as I get a new GM windshield replacement as well. You can PM Brain and he might be able to give you all the know how on the product. You may also find a bit of information about it in the 2017 Ponoka Thread which is where I first heard about it from Brian ... :thumbs:
5th Annual Ponoka Meet and Greet

Cheers!

Reactions: MikeysZ06
This thread is not too derailed and pretty much about my 3M being replaced (which it is now in the shop for day #2 :( ) and that I have a box of Diamond Fusion that I obtained from "CCF:2009CGMR1" (Brian) when I was in Ponoka this Spring. I plan to put Diamond Fusion on my windshield as soon as I get a new GM windshield replacement as well. You can PM Brain and he might be able to give you all the know how on the product. You may also find a bit of information about it in the 2017 Ponoka Thread which is where I first heard about it from Brian ... :thumbs:
5th Annual Ponoka Meet and Greet

Cheers!

I want to learn more about the Diamond Fusion product and user comments.

Reactions: YFCvii

Lack of first-hand commentary is part why I didn't rush to put it on my windshield ... but it's too bad I didn't because I would have had the
perfect test for it with this flying rock damage that I am getting fixed. The 100 little windshield pits that I got were like stars in the night sky
with certain sun angles and it would have been good to know if the coating would have prevented some or all of it for sure ...

OK, My brother told me about it. He worked at the Calgary south VW dealership and they offered it with a guaranty if you had it applied and you got a rock chip you got a new shield for free.

In the 3-5 years he worked there he only heard of one claim, guess it was a huge rock

I have had the med one on the ZR1 for 5 years and heard some twaps on it from rocks and nothing. I now put the Ultra on it this spring.

Seems like it works.

most glass places probably won't sell it because it is like losing you as a customer if they apply something that makes you not be a repeat customer.

Every Corvette windshield should have it on it...... and I don't sell it or make anything from it. I got a few guys it and hope it protects them.

Roger at Glassmasters on Argyll and 95 street ( Edmonton ) offers it.... Baby Ray had it done there, he is on the highway lots, he needs it. ( a few of us installing ourselves... not that hard to do - need a mister to wet mist shield in between coats )

No real deals on it....... $100 installed for Ultra, $75 cash n carry and also cheaper for the med version... do the Ultra for the Vette shields.. expensive ones.

B

Reactions: turbozig and YFCvii
OK, My brother told me about it. He worked at the Calgary south VW dealership and they offered it with a guaranty if you had it applied and you got a rock chip you got a new shield for free.

In the 3-5 years he worked there he only heard of one claim, guess it was a huge rock

I have had the med one on the ZR1 for 5 years and heard some twaps on it from rocks and nothing. I now put the Ultra on it this spring.

Seems like it works.

most glass places probably won't sell it because it is like losing you as a customer if they apply something that makes you not be a repeat customer.

Every Corvette windshield should have it on it...... and I don't sell it or make anything from it. I got a few guys it and hope it protects them.

Roger at Glassmasters on Argyll and 95 street ( Edmonton ) offers it.... Baby Ray had it done there, he is on the highway lots, he needs it. ( a few of us installing ourselves... not that hard to do - need a mister to wet mist shield in between coats )

No real deals on it....... $100 installed for Ultra, $75 cash n carry and also cheaper for the med version... do the Ultra for the Vette shields.. expensive ones.

B

Can it be applied to a windshield that already has some very small pits but no stars or cracks?

Can it be applied to a windshield that already has some very small pits but no stars or cracks?

Yes, should be fine...... My ZR1 had I think 2 tiny pits - bought mine used.

Now, one with cracks/chips repaired or not repaired... not sure on that...... better to do it on a non cracked/chipped shield I would think.

just not to have to have your car gutted of a shield is worth it..... I should get some for my 80's Saleen Mustang that has an original shield... should do that... never drive the car though haha

B

Last edited:
Yes, should be fine...... My ZR1 had I think 2 tiny pits - bought mine used.

Now, one with cracks/chips repaired or not repaired... not sure on that...... better to do it on a non cracked/chipped shield I would think.

just not to have to have your car gutted of a shield is worth it..... I should get some for my 80's Saleen Mustang that has an original shield... should do that... never drive the car though haha

B

Thank you, I just called them and they said no problem for minor pits, will help fill them in as well. As soon as the weather clears up, I will be bringing it in to Crackmasters on Argyl later in the week. I appreciate the information, cheers!

Reactions: 2009CGMZR1
Thank you, I just called them and they said no problem for minor pits, will help fill them in as well. As soon as the weather clears up, I will be bringing it in to Crackmasters on Argyl later in the week. I appreciate the information, cheers!

After that check out Auto Obsessed on 96 street and Argyll ( 3 blocks east, just passed / next to the Esso ) ..... detailers heaven ( detailers mancave ) of products.

OH SH-T ... topic went more off topic! LOL

Brian

Last edited:
Reactions: Dub and turbozig
I have been dealing with Troy and the guys for 3 years now. They covered my car in xpel ultimate front to back. I buy most of my detail supplies there now.

Reactions: 2009CGMZR1
Found out ... 3M and my windshield and the GM rocker panel stick-on took the brunt of at least 100 impacts ... it's all getting replaced and I am going to pay extra to add on more protection. The painted surfaces will all be refinished like new. Then I am told that the protection will be replaced with the xPel product. Hope it's not inferior to the 3M product. Any comments out there ??? (I am almost afraid to ask as this is already a rather stressful time for me with this repair)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread