Not "same day". Plus they didn't have the WD 1TD SSD I wanted for next day even. It was my home drive that I lost.

Not really all-season tires,no snow at all? Thanks for the info.

Bare in mind that they are 3 years old. GM drove the C8 mules all winter on the A/S PS4's. I did get caught another time when they were new and it wasn't too bad. Though they are too wide to be effective on snow IMO.

• Sad
Reactions: 1st Vette
I brought my car home from the dealer after some warranty work in October and there was a slight skiff of snow the previous day that had frozen down onto the road. My wife warned me as she was driving ahead of me, but I nearly put the car up on the curb and almost spun out a second time. Those OEM tires do not like the snow!

Reactions: Murray20c8
Not "same day". Plus they didn't have the WD 1TD SSD I wanted for next day even. It was my home drive that I lost.

Bear in mind that they are 3 years old. GM drove the C8 mules all winter on the A/S PS4's. I did get caught another time when they were new and it wasn't too bad. Though they are too wide to be effective on snow IMO.
Agreed ,a narrow tire is better in snow every time. How many miles/km on those tires ?

Bare in mind that they are 3 years old. GM drove the C8 mules all winter on the A/S PS4's. I did get caught another time when they were new and it wasn't too bad. Though they are too wide to be effective on snow IMO.
Owch on the C drive . I know you had a disc image though….

Owch on the C drive .
No, I separate all my personal stuff onto a totally different drive. All my documents etc. Programs are still stored on C but that is easy to replace if disaster happens. I can just reinstall most programs if I have to, but personal files are hard if not impossible when disaster happens. It's all backed up on 3 other drives of course. When I worked, all my unix systems had the home drives separated from operating system drives. Makes things so much easier to restore. It's very hard to move Windows "user home" to a separate drive so I don't bother. Any program that wants to save to home is changed to save to H instead.
One thing I wish Windows would do is dynamic links. Then I'd point C:/user/murray to H:/murray but you can't do that with Windows

No, I separate all my personal stuff onto a totally different drive. All my documents etc. Programs are still stored on C but that is easy to replace if disaster happens. I can just reinstall most programs if I have to, but personal files are hard if not impossible when disaster happens. It's all backed up on 3 other drives of course. When I worked, all my unix systems had the home drives separated from operating system drives. Makes things so much easier to restore. It's very hard to move Windows "user home" to a separate drive so I don't bother. Any program that wants to save to home is changed to save to H instead.
One thing I wish Windows would do is dynamic links. Then I'd point C:/user/murray to H:/murray but you can't do that with Windows
I like Raid 1 arrays for that but I also picked up a usb-c 2 TB external NVME for the really important stuff. They have gotten very reasonable in price lately especially if you snag a sale. In my opinion the “ cloud “ is for the birds .

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
I have had a lot of sports cars , in my life and I use to use all season tires , until they made winter tires, law, in Quebec. Never had problems with 4 season tires but I have to admit , good winter tires on sports cars , especially rear wheel drive cars, they do make a big difference.

Yeah, I'm due for new summer tires lol...
That's my dilemma. Do I replace the A/S with performance and get new rims and snows for the winter? or just replace them with A/S.
We don't want or need to drive it on snow, but you never know when a lake effect squall will hit.

I have had a lot of sports cars , in my life and I use to use all season tires , until they made winter tires, law, in Quebec. Never had problems with 4 season tires but I have to admit , good winter tires on sports cars , especially rear wheel drive cars, they do make a big difference.
Absolutely better off with true winters especially the “ x-ice “ et el variety.
Not a big issue here as we don’t use salt because it’s too cold and the snow packs down hard and with the really cold temperatures most of the time traction is really good. I still think that, unfortunately, I will be parking the Stingray due to the-35 and-40 we frequently get as no vehicle should be run in that unless necessary in my humble.