Status
Not open for further replies.
How much was a new Gallardo ? And how much it's worth today ? Same for a 430. Keep value ???? I don't tnink so. Those who bought them new and still own them have lost more than the new vette cost and better not talk about maintnance cost or clutch repair.

Used exotics at a certain point tend to stay the same price for example 2015 Huracans have been settling around the mid 200s which is fairly good since they started at 280k when they came out.

New Gallardo's in 2006 were 180k now they sell for 120-130k. For almost 18 years loosing 50-60k isnt bad, but keep in mind guys who are buying Ferrari and Lamborghini aren't considering Chevrolet. I have seen some Ferrari owners buy C8 Z06's to daily or a second vehicle tho.

When I read "people can buy are more prestigious, better built, hold value better, The Z06 are nice but most people can’t even tell them apart from a normal Stingray and these cars get no respect at the luxury/exotic car events/cars and coffees." from a username "LEVELUP" I come to a conclusion that the person is a "fake it until you make it", "badge/brand over compensation" type who makes every decision considering what others will think of him.

When you finally level up, you will realize, that no one cares and the ones that do, also don't belong in the circle you are attempting to fit into.

LOL, Salty much or what? Just stating facts and looks like you can't accept that just cause I'm not a Corvette fanboy? I literally can have an unbias opinion on this subject I've been thru it all from having tuner vehicles like the GTR/Supra/RX7 that attract the younger kids all the way up to the Lamborghini Aventador. I've seen all ends of the spectrum. Fake it till you make it guys are the ones who are leasing/renting a lifestyle, but even then people discredit those guys are the ones who can't even afford a $3000 monthly lease payment themselves. This has nothing to do with making decisions based on what people think its reality. You can ask 9/10 people about dream cars now or when they were a kid and doubt anyone says Corvette. Corvette will never be brought into the market of buyers looking for exotics vehicles they have there own niche market of buyers and always be that mass produced vehicle.

Look at the canadian market and the Gallardo are not moving at all. All the ones that were for sale when I was shopping are still unsold. And my former car is still for sale and not selling at $109,999. For more than a year.
My C8 is my first really new car that I checked the boxes myself as I want it.
I chose it because it is NEW, fully covered and dealers everywhere.
My other choices were all used except for the Lotus.
When you're on a budget a used exotic can become a nightmare if something serious breaks.

I think the stingray fills the need for many on a budget and is a lot lf a car with peace of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.