Status
Not open for further replies.
Although these may not be direct competitors about there alot in the 90-120K market used/new. Dodge Hellcat/Viper, Mercedes AMG GT/SL, BMW M8/M4, Lexus RC/LC, Ferrari California/F430, Lambo Gallardo, Audi R8, Maserati Gran Turismo, Lotus Emira, Porsche 911/Boxter/718, Aston Marton, etc. Plus you will say way way more less of these vehicles on the road compared to a Corvette.

Fully loaded Z06 can nearly compete with Lambo Hurcan, Mclaren 650/GT, Ferrari Portofino/Roma/458. I know of a bunch of guys that cancelled there 24 Z06's after the price increase and luxury tax. They said they would never spend over 200k for a Chevy.
If you truly believe that all those vehicles compete with a C8 then good for you. As for everyone else, C8 is still running unopposed.

Although these may not be direct competitors about there alot in the 90-120K market used/new. Dodge Hellcat/Viper, Mercedes AMG GT/SL, BMW M8/M4, Lexus RC/LC, Ferrari California/F430, Lambo Gallardo, Audi R8, Maserati Gran Turismo, Lotus Emira, Porsche 911/Boxter/718, Aston Marton, etc. Plus you will say way way more less of these vehicles on the road compared to a Corvette.

Fully loaded Z06 can nearly compete with Lambo Hurcan, Mclaren 650/GT, Ferrari Portofino/Roma/458. I know of a bunch of guys that cancelled there 24 Z06's after the price increase and luxury tax. They said they would never spend over 200k for a Chevy.
Find me a decent Huracan with warranty for low 200k I will buy one lol.....If you buy cars for the badges, you are missing the whole point.

Find me a decent Huracan with warranty for low 200k I will buy one lol.....If you buy cars for the badges, you are missing the whole point.
Thats what people tend to say when they can't afford the high end exotic vehicles its a bias opinion. When people can only afford the cheaper options they will often disregard or talk down of higher priced alternatives. Just like a bunch of Stingray owners will say the Z06 is not worth 50k over the Stingray yet 90% of them can't even afford the Z06, so to make them selves feel better or about there Stingray purchase they talk down on the Z06.

With that logic a Tesla must be better than both of those cars. Hmm wonder why C8 and BMW guys are not cross shopping teslas?

Whole different ball game. Teslas are electric. If someone insists on electric its only Tesla, but Tesla does not even offer a coupe.

Thats what people tend to say when they can't afford the high end exotic vehicles its a bias opinion. When people can only afford the cheaper options they will often disregard or talk down of higher priced alternatives. Just like a bunch of Stingray owners will say the Z06 is not worth 50k over the Stingray yet 90% of them can't even afford the Z06, so to make them selves feel better or about there Stingray purchase they talk down on the Z06.
So you are one of these people then.

Last edited:
Reactions: DenisC8
So you are one of these people then.
What? How did you derive of that? You dont even know the vehicles I currently own or owned in past. I own one of the highest spec's Z06's in Canada, and no I dont talk crap on exotic vehicles. I'm not some Corvette fanboy. I'll glady take a GT2 or GT2RS is they were easier to get.

What? How did you derive of that? You dont even know the vehicles I currently own or owned in past. I own one of the highest spec's Z06's in Canada, and no I dont talk crap on exotic vehicles. I'm not some Corvette fanboy. I'll glady take a GT2 or GT2RS is they were easier to get.
"Thats what people tend to say when they can't afford the high end exotic vehicles its a bias opinion." Plus, according to you, you still just own a "Corvette". Furthermore, they don't make GT2 anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: DenisC8
Yeah and I know what I own is just a corvette haha not acting like it’s some supercar. I have other vehicles that fit that bill. My phone auto corrected GT3 to GT2

Should improve on your reading skills. How do I have a bias opinion when I have owned both cheap cars like the stingray to z06 to aventador? Yeah and I know what I own is just a corvette haha not acting like it’s some supercar. I have other vehicles that fit that bill. My phone auto corrected GT3 to GT2

if I remember correctly, no you don't own one of the highest spec Z06 in Canada as your ordered car has not been delivered yet. If so, that also means you haven't even driven your C8 Z06. Also, you must mean GT3 or GT3 RS not GT2

if I remember correctly, no you don't own one of the highest spec Z06 in Canada as your ordered car has not been delivered yet. If so, that also means you haven't even driven your C8 Z06. Also, you must mean GT3 or GT3 RS not GT2

I already own a 2024 and I have a different spec incoming. I already clarified GT3 my iPhone auto corrected it to GT2.

so C8s are so unimpressive and "regular traffic", you bought a 2nd one?
Yeah Stingrays are and no one can deny that. I laugh at all the stingray corvette guys who think there is no alternative vehicles in the market like the car is some type of gold. It’s a mass produced vehicle geared towards the common working man.

You can’t even say I’m a troll cause I literally own a Z06 and even I know there bunch of other vehicles that people can buy used or new that are more prestigious, better built, hold value better, etc. There’s a certain price point a Chevy should be worth beyond that no way. The Z06 are nice but most people can’t even tell them apart from a normal Stingray and these cars get no respect at the luxury/exotic car events/cars and coffees.

I made money on my first one so it was a no brainer and the second I’m in a good situation where I can also make money, but haven’t taken possession so I can back out anytime. To buy these cars at full MSRP not a chance. Dealers now can’t even sell them new at MSRP there sitting on lots and tons are for sale used.

Yeah Stingrays are and no one can deny that. I laugh at all the stingray corvette guys who think there is no alternative vehicles in the market like the car is some type of gold. It’s a mass produced vehicle geared towards the common working man.

You can’t even say I’m a troll cause I literally own a Z06 and even I know there bunch of other vehicles that people can buy used or new that are more prestigious, better built, hold value better, etc. There’s a certain price point a Chevy should be worth beyond that no way. The Z06 are nice but most people can’t even tell them apart from a normal Stingray and these cars get no respect at the luxury/exotic car events/cars and coffees.

I made money on my first one so it was a no brainer and the second I’m in a good situation where I can also make money, but haven’t taken possession so I can back out anytime. To buy these cars at full MSRP not a chance. Dealers now can’t even sell them new at MSRP there sitting on lots and tons are for sale used.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I'm sure many thought a Ford would never be worth more than 200k. The GT shattered that thought.

You constantly speak about what other people are thinking. IMHO it's really sad to have to worry about that. YOLO and should enjoy what makes you happy regardless of what anyone else thinks.

The C8 is objectively a fantastic car regardless of model.

Subjectively you can like, dislike whatever you want but no need to try and sell anyone else on your opinion.

I only recently joined this forum and I hope people are here to celebrate automotive art and expression rather than bickering over the decisions of others.

How much was a new Gallardo ? And how much it's worth today ? Same for a 430. Keep value ???? I don't tnink so. Those who bought them new and still own them have lost more than the new vette cost and better not talk about maintnance cost or clutch repair.

Lets not turn this into the U.S. site. Please be respectful. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Some people have more money than brains.
Some people have more brains than money.
Some people have both and some people have neither.
I have a C8 Stingray and a wife who loves it. And I'm happy.

I agree 100%. What I realized is that in the C7 gen you would rarely see them and dealers didn't seem to have much stock. The people who owned them were also more mature. Now there is alot of C8's for sale and on the road. I noticed the younger kids that used to drive Evo, STi, etc are now driving Stingrays haha. I can see this trend progressing in Spring when the used C8's drop and adjust like the new 24s are at dealers. The used market hasn't seem to correct it self like new. I imagine alot of dealers and folks are in the hole for the used vehicles and cant afford to lower their prices anymore.

When I read "people can buy are more prestigious, better built, hold value better, The Z06 are nice but most people can’t even tell them apart from a normal Stingray and these cars get no respect at the luxury/exotic car events/cars and coffees." from a username "LEVELUP" I come to a conclusion that the person is a "fake it until you make it", "badge/brand over compensation" type who makes every decision considering what others will think of him.

When you finally level up, you will realize, that no one cares and the ones that do, also don't belong in the circle you are attempting to fit into.

Status
Not open for further replies.