Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is especially true for the younger demographic that bought C8’s when they first came out and were a true bargain. And to clarify my comments above, I still think the Corvette is a lot of car for the money. I just felt better about moving up price-wise because the differential between the two is less now. If GM ever comes out with a base engine wide body without electric assist, I would be interested.

I think that is especially true for the younger demographic that bought C8’s when they first came out and were a true bargain. And to clarify my comments above, I still think the Corvette is a lot of car for the money. I just felt better about moving up price-wise because the differential between the two is less now. If GM ever comes out with a base engine wide body without electric assist, I would be interested.
That would be the Grand Sport. Very popular in the C6 & C7 eras. GM wants to demonstrate support for EVs but I think their ambitions are misplaced in the Corvette car segment.

For electric performance GM could build it in a new Camaro and walk away with that market.

The point is that GM is pricing the car out of many peoples reach. One can only justify so much for a toy. The higher the price, the smaller the market. The smaller the market the less profit there is for GM. You can sell 100 cans of peas for 50 cents or 10 cans for $1. No matter how good the peas are most just won't buy them at that price.
Prices for raw materials, manufacturing and labour are getting more and more expensive. GM also has a very limited capacity at the Corvette Factory. GM can get customers to pay $10 million if they sell 100 cars for $100K or 75 cars for $133k or 50 cars for $200k. But the higher the price per unit the higher the true profit.

If I was in charge of GM I would be doing the same thing

Prices for raw materials, manufacturing and labour are getting more and more expensive. GM also has a very limited capacity at the Corvette Factory. GM can get customers to pay $10 million if they sell 100 cars for $100K or 75 cars for $133k or 50 cars for $200k. But the higher the price per unit the higher the true profit.

I doubt it. Money is made in mass production. High priced low market vehicles might make what appears to be a large profit, but in reality it isn't. The stingray is their mass market car and the price should reflect that.

I ordered my 2025 Eray today at Wilson Niblett

In terms of pricing I was told.
Eray 9k up.
Z06 7k up
C8 less than 1k up.

I was not told to keep it private so...

Not happy about the increase but I wanted purple so it's a 9k colour option for me.
If GM put the E-Ray and Z06 up that much, that tells me that they really dont care about selling those models in Canada.

Reactions: Zedder
That would be the Grand Sport. Very popular in the C6 & C7 eras. GM wants to demonstrate support for EVs but I think their ambitions are misplaced in the Corvette car segment.

For electric performance GM could build it in a new Camaro and walk away with that market.
Absolutely correct! I had a 2012 Grand Sport that I bought new. I get GM going in the EV direction with the C8, but I’m not sure the demand will be there as many other manufacturers are finding out.

True…that is called inflation. GM chose to increase prices more than inflation last year and that combined with the lux tax and high interest rates took a toll on demand. Increasing prices and selling fewer cars only raises true profit when fixed costs are fully absorbed at the lower volumes and the increased profit margin is retained. Most manufacturers love to sell more product after the magic number is met where fixed costs are fully absorbed because those products actually do increase true profit - even at a discount. Almost everyone in charge of sales drinks the ‘incremental volume’ koolaid.

I believe this is more about GM trying to move up market just like Porsche is with the 911. Lots of Porsche guys are looking elsewhere. This might help GM with Corvette sales. I think the reality is (given the discounting happening in North America) that the novelty of the C8 and pandemic-related demand has finally subsided and Corvette sales/pricing strategy will go back to pre-pandemic cycles as most predicted it would.

Last edited:
I ordered my 2025 Eray today at Wilson Niblett

In terms of pricing I was told.
Eray 9k up.
Z06 7k up
C8 less than 1k up.

I was not told to keep it private so...

Not happy about the increase but I wanted purple so it's a 9k colour option for me.
I hope you didn't pay MSRP for the ERAY, large discounts available?

I hope you didn't pay MSRP for the ERAY, large discounts available?

They weren't offering me a discount nor has anyone advised me of any available including the thread starter.

I've bought enough cars to know you don't look back after making a deal.

If you were happy signing, enjoy the moment and move on.

I'm a barrister and know many ways of voiding the deal if that became necessary but I prefer to focus on being happy. I spend most of my life fighting..lol.

They weren't offering me a discount nor has anyone advised me of any available including the thread starter.

I'm a barrister and know many ways of voiding the deal if that became necessary but I prefer to focus on being happy. I spend most of my life fighting..lol.
The discounts are for 2024's.
I'm with you. I can't barter and hate doing it. If I want the car I'm just happy to get it.
You will love your car at any price! :)

ERAY's aren't in demand lots of dealers willing to discount but if your happy with the deal all good

If 2024's are not moving at 9k less as you state, 2025 will be worse

ERAY's aren't in demand lots of dealers will to take 10k off but if your happy with the deal all good

If 2024's are not moving at 9k less as you state, 2025 will be worse
I was offered an in stock 2024 but I wanted the purple. I agree I could have negotiated on the 2024 and it likely would have made sound financial sense to do so. But there ain't anything sensible about buying a sports car.

The discounts are for 2024's.
I'm with you. I can't barter and hate doing it. If I want the car I'm just happy to get it.
You will love your car at any price! :)
Murray , if 2024 are 10k off and another 9k less than 2025 who is the market for ERAY for 19k more plus taxes

I was offered an in stock 2024 but I wanted the purple. I agree I could have negotiated on the 2024 and it likely would have made sound financial sense to do so. But there ain't anything sensible about buying a sports car.
Colour wraps are cheap and you could have put 20k in your pocket for a 2024 in stock

Congrats on the new car!! I cant really figure out all the hate on the E-Ray other than the price?

Dealers who have 24s in stock will be discounting them heavily and holding tight on 25s to make the 24s more attractive.

I get where you are coming from. I am the biggest laydown when it comes to something I really want to buy. I just buy it and enjoy using it. If I dont really want to buy (eg. washing machine) it then I search all over for the best deal.

Don’t worry, there are no discounts on custom orders of 2025 E-Ray.

There's something to be said for ordering the car you want vs. sacrificing for a deal on a 24. I'm looking around but can't find a 24 in stock in Canada that meets my needs so I could be ordering a 25 at some point. I'm waiting to see what GM does on interest rates and incentives this fall and into spring before committing.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Status
Not open for further replies.