This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

2025 Initial Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2020
London
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette HTC
Province
ON
I just got the pricing from a source at GM Canada but was told I could not publish it.
Like in the US those going for 2025 Stingrays are safe with no increase.
The other models are a big problem. If you are already working with me on getting a Z06 or E-Ray get in touch with me
so I can update you. I will publish the rates when allowed for the rest of the members.

GM NEEDS to lower the pricing because the cars simply aren't moving. My Facebook feed is full of dealers out West and actually here in Ontario trying hard to clear inventory. For example, Saskatoon Motor Products seems to be blowing out their stock...

E-Ray - $10k off
1LT Stingray - $9,899 off...

Reactions: Red Devil
The dealers offering discounts of -$8000 to -$11,000 are not selling much yet. The math will soon need (more or less) to double in order to bring buyers & fence sitters into dealerships this fall. I firmly believe GM has yet to do enough to help them. Though this is a starting price point for discussion and the best selection is available right now. Can you say Buyers Market!

Yes even units with discounts as high as $17,000 are not selling. Pricing is one factor for sure but now there a lot of competitors with similar pricing that are faster like the BMW M4.

I think GM will either go back to supporting the weak Canadian dollar or move our supply to another country. The Corvette is just too expensive in this market compared to previous generations. I just bought a more expensive 911 and one reason that I moved up price-wise was that I didn’t feel that a Corvette was a good value for me any longer (I’ve owned many Corvettes in the past).

The Canadian economy is slowing more than the top level numbers show at this time. C$ vs US$ will drop a few more cents over the next 12 months. While there will always be Corvette customers with the high incomes to buy a Vette, the people on the edge of affordability will stay away.

Reactions: cdnz and 1st Vette
To me, the corvette is still a good value when compared to the 911. For the price of a Z06, which is comparable to the GT3, I could only get a base Carrera, not even the GTS. Porsche has recently also increased their price substantially. I have driven several 911 they all feel too clinical to me except the GT3. They are quality products compared to the c6 or c7. However when compared to the C8, I just can not justify the price delta between the two when I take all aspects into account. Maybe when I have more disposable income, I will consider a Turbo S or a GT3, the only two 911 models that interest me. Until then, Corvettes all the way.

The 2020 Corvette stingray was an exceptional value. It allowed me into the "~Supercar" market at $78K for a 2LT. Now over $100K for a 2LT it would not likely be a consideration for me if it was priced like this in 2020 or if I had waited.
It might still be a great value, but I'd not be able to justify it to myself.
When it first came out I thought I might be able to afford a used one down the road, but once I heard the starting price of 68K it got me hooked.

In my opinion the corvette is still a very good deal for what it is. I've owned a few older Ferraris and a Lamborgnini Gallardo and the new vette is still cheaper than a 15 years old exotic. With as much or more power and comfort. GM dealers all over the place. And for the same price as a old exotic you're fully covered for 3 years and 5 on powertrain with roadside assistance. You will also absorb much less depreciation compared to a NEW exotic. Pretty sure also more reliable and cheaper to maintain.
I had a hard time taking my decision to go to a new vette instead to another used exotic and I opted for the peace of mind. I looked at the new Lotus Emira which was not much more for a NEW car but the Corvette had more to offer in my opinion.

The point is that GM is pricing the car out of many peoples reach. One can only justify so much for a toy. The higher the price, the smaller the market. The smaller the market the less profit there is for GM. You can sell 100 cans of peas for 50 cents or 10 cans for $1. No matter how good the peas are most just won't buy them at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.