Your welcome. Glad it worked out for ya bud. Congratulations. How did you spec it out?

What a day Nick...what a day! From sitting on my couch drinking a coffee to quickly getting in the car and driving 178kms to place my deposit and order my Z06!

I ordered a stripper as I'm intending on playing with it on track.

2024 1LZ Coupe
Silver Flare Metallic $0
Adrenalin Red Interior (it comes with that killer red stitching everywhere and the standard black stealth interior) $0
Edge Red Calipers $810
Carbon Flash Painted mirrors and Spoiler $225
Engine Hatch light $115
Engine Intake Red $595
Black Exhaust Tips $455
PDR $1495
$149,994

I kept my Transparent roof from my 70th anniversary so that will adorn my car. Thanks again for posting the allocation Nick...very nice of you and I will be treating you this Christmas. Check your PM.

Cams Coupe 1LZ Side.png

Cams Coupe 1LZ 1.png

What a day Nick...what a day! From sitting on my couch drinking a coffee to quickly getting in the car and driving 178kms to place my deposit and order my Z06!

2024 1LZ Coupe
Silver Flare Metallic $0
Adrenalin Red Interior (it comes with that killer red stitching everywhere and the standard black stealth interior) $0
Edge Red Calipers $810
Engine Hatch light $115
Engine Intake Red $595
Black Exhaust Tips $455
PDR $1495
$149,994

I kept my Transparent roof from my 70th anniversary so that will adorn my car. Thanks again for posting the allocation Nick...very nice of you and I will be treating you this Christmas. Check your PM.
Are you keeping your Stingray??

No I sold it a while back before the market changed
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you went from a 1LT, because you wanted more, so you went to a 2LT 70th and now you want a 1LZ with no goodies AGAIN??? LOL. Are you wishy washy or what? ;)

No I've always been interested in the Z06 and on the list since 2021. @DW Ruby have you watched all the recent E-Ray reviews? It's not appearing to be as good as we thought considering it's weight and forced electrical sound.

Plus the flat plane V8 will go down as one of the greatest production V8s and watching a few videos on how it performs on track...wow.

When it comes to the Z06 I don't feel you need all the features and I wanted to keep the price down. Once you add HTC or 2LT and above the cost proposition factoring in lux tax and what it does to the price makes it a pretty expensive option for a Corvette.

No I've always been interested in the Z06 and on the list since 2021. @DW Ruby have you watched all the recent E-Ray reviews? It's not appearing to be as good as we thought considering it's weight and forced electrical sound.

Plus the flat plane V8 will go down as one of the greatest production V8s and watching a few videos on how it performs on track...wow.

When it comes to the Z06 I don't feel you need all the features and I wanted to keep the price down. Once you add HTC or 2LT and above the cost proposition factoring in lux tax and what it does to the price makes it a pretty expensive option for a Corvette.
There was a very early article I read in Car and Driver discussing the way the Z06 channeled the exhaust noise back into the cabin for the drivers pleasure.
Same nonsense (true or not) with the electric whine of an E-Ray.
Who cares?

For me, I'm stoplight to stoplight, with the rare over-zealous pass on the highway.
I don't envision ever tracking my car, or testing it out on a drag strip.
I want to do my driving in comfort, with bountiful toys, and power to spare.
This has E-Ray written all over it.

You say you will track your car, so everything I have read makes your choice of a Z06 to be the correct one.

Having said all this, my 2024 Stingray is sitting up on its perch with 10 miles on it, and it will be tough to let go of should either an E-Ray or a Z06 allocation become available.

Congrats on the car.

p.s.: While I'm not planning on tracking mine, I would sure like to watch others do so. - Where is it you go to run your cars?

Reactions: CamsC8
There was a very early article I read in Car and Driver discussing the way the Z06 channeled the exhaust noise back into the cabin for the drivers pleasure.
Same nonsense (true or not) with the electric whine of an E-Ray.
Who cares?

For me, I'm stoplight to stoplight, with the rare over-zealous pass on the highway.
I don't envision ever tracking my car, or testing it out on a drag strip.
I want to do my driving in comfort, with bountiful toys, and power to spare.
This has E-Ray written all over it.

You say you will track your car, so everything I have read makes your choice of a Z06 to be the correct one.

Having said all this, my 2024 Stingray is sitting up on its perch with 10 miles on it, and it will be tough to let go of should either an E-Ray or a Z06 allocation become available.

Congrats on the car.

p.s.: While I'm not planning on tracking mine, I would sure like to watch others do so. - Where is it you go to run your cars?
Grand Bend and CTMP primarily. Hope to have my Eray with 2500kms on it for Opening Day May 1 2024.

Right.
Hopefully the windows rattling in your neighbours house every morning won't be a problem for you.
My first 2 Stingray's had sport cats with straight piped Corsa catback no complaints, 3rd one was stock ( way too quiet IMO )

Z06 is just as fast light to light and comfort is the same without Z07 package and ZER on ERAY

Fake RC whine coming through your speakers is not the same as the glorious flat plane 8600 rpm sound that the exhaust is reverberating into the interior

I believe the "whining" noise is mandated by law for all electric vehicles and hybrids to warn pedestrians because of the quietness of the vehicle. Now wouldn't be nice if a person could change the sound to whatever he wanted !!!!!
Like maybe a big block Chevy idling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your Z06 CamsC8! I expect we'll see more Z06 allocations become available with people backing out of lists, due to the wonderful "made-only-for-Canada" 2024 pricing, the current higher interest rates and worrisome Canadian economy. That will enable GM to realize its long-term goal of syphoning more C8 Canadian allocations overseas, not really caring about its Canadian C8 market. Just my opinion, of course.

As for the Z06 vs E-Ray debate, I suspect we'll only know the "winner" (if there ever is such a thing, due to people's preferences) over time, when each vehicle "proves" itself and establishes its place in automotive history.

2024 1LZ Coupe
Silver Flare Metallic $0
Edge Red Calipers $810
Engine Hatch light $115
Engine Intake Red $595
Black Exhaust Tips $455
PDR $1495
$149,994

View attachment 117579
View attachment 117580
Hey Cam, first off congrats on the car. I don't know if you recently posted that you had changed your mind and were now wanting a Z06 instead of the E-Ray or I would have called you on your cell Friday morning about this allocation when I got a wind of it. RC Mike knows the owner of the dealership and the person that
went in Friday evening about it after he flew back from New York having just bought a business in NYC or he would have been in earlier. He has just purchased another C8 and was considering getting a second one for his wife. A showcase section of this forum has been created due to a changing market with cars now becoming available and a need to raise donations for CCF to cover costs. RC Mike was going to speak to the owner about a $60 donation to list his allocation on CCF showcase as Tara wasn't the right person to speak to about this. The idea of the showcase is to give dealers an opportunity to list their available cars or allocations here first approximately a week faster than Autotrader lists a car on ground and two months faster with an allocation. This is the reason why I didn't post anything about this car on Friday.
I speak to dealers daily and give Denis the allocation numbers as I get them to post here. The last Z06 that sold as a result of a post on here, that dealer has contacted me about a 3LT sea wolf grey HTC that has come available this week and I have asked for a donation in order to list it here.
If anyone knows of, or is looking for a car or allocation that might be available let Nik or I know so we can contact the dealerships about posting them on here.
The idea is to not slow the process down for anyone. If members have posted what it is they are looking for and one of us knows about a match, you will get a call, PM or reference to the showcase section to get first dibs on a car before it becomes available to the public.

Reactions: Gilles27
Hey Cam, first off congrats on the car. I don't know if you recently posted that you had changed your mind and were now wanting a Z06 instead of the E-Ray or I would have called you on your cell Friday morning about this allocation when I got a wind of it. RC Mike knows the owner of the dealership and the person that
went in Friday evening about it after he flew back from New York having just bought a business in NYC or he would have been in earlier. He has just purchased another C8 and was considering getting a second one for his wife. A showcase section of this forum has been created due to a changing market with cars now becoming available and a need to raise donations for CCF to cover costs. RC Mike was going to speak to the owner about a $60 donation to list his allocation on CCF showcase as Tara wasn't the right person to speak to about this. The idea of the showcase is to give dealers an opportunity to list their available cars or allocations here first approximately a week faster than Autotrader lists a car on ground and two months faster with an allocation. This is the reason why I didn't post anything about this car on Friday.
I speak to dealers daily and give Denis the allocation numbers as I get them to post here. The last Z06 that sold as a result of a post on here, that dealer has contacted me about a 3LT sea wolf grey HTC that has come available this week and I have asked for a donation in order to list it here.
If anyone knows of, or is looking for a car or allocation that might be available let Nik or I know so we can contact the dealerships about posting them on here.
The idea is to not slow the process down for anyone. If members have posted what it is they are looking for and one of us knows about a match, you will get a call, PM or reference to the showcase section to get first dibs on a car before it becomes available to the public.

Hey Scott - I've always wanted a Z06 and will admit was more intrigued by the E-Ray being a newer NSX but that doesn't seem to be the case and some of the E-Ray "quirks" made me wonder. I spoke to Bill Spencer a few weeks ago when I picked up our Suburban and was told I'm sitting at #42 (initial deposit 2021) and understanding where the Canadian allocations lie monthly, felt damn I should pounce on this allocation. When I called Tara another customer was on the phone but something went wrong with their conversation so I jumped in the car and bolted to Ingersoll. Sunny day, great tunes...it was a day to place an order!

What's awesome is another buddy from Petawawa was just as lucky and his Z06 was recently built and similar spec should be on its way here. It will be a fun spring!

February TPW is nice...hopefully a March delivery.

Reactions: Gilles27
@NickRapidC8 I owe you a beer or two sir!!!

Yes I've ordered my Z06!!!! Whoooowho. Looks like I'll be off the E-Ray list.
Congrats Cam. Gonna miss your upcoming Eray Brand Ambassador YouTube series, podcasts and merch...

Reactions: Murray20c8
Congrats Cam. Gonna miss your upcoming Eray Brand Ambassador YouTube series, podcasts and merch...
Thanks buddy! Damn it the T-shirt order...ugh!!! Forgot to cancel the order...

Can't wait for Corvettes of Carlisle, Eastern Corvette Group events and drives...might even hit up one of @DenisC8 drives.

Reactions: DenisC8

2024 1LZ Coupe
Silver Flare Metallic $0
Edge Red Calipers $810
Engine Hatch light $115
Engine Intake Red $595
Black Exhaust Tips $455
PDR $1495
$149,994

View attachment 117579
View attachment 117580

Incredible story, happy to see someone's Christmas sock grow a bit horizontally :)

Tara from Searles needs to come say hi too and let us know if this deathrace to the dealership was a timed event we can spectate one day :)

Congrats @CamsC8

Thanks @NickRapidC8 for helping a fellow member out