I have no idea what you're missing because I don't know what you're missing! LOL
From me: Allstate are scum and crooks. If you think insurance companies are scum, then no, they are worse! LOL.
YMMV, but a word to the wise. Beware! Insurance companies and banks are all about the bottom line and do not care about anyone at all. My baker enjoys feeding his patrons. Banks and insurance companies enjoy taking your money.
"what I'm missing" that's a very open ended question. With too many answers. :(

Banks: That's exactly why we invest in them. RY, BMO, BNS, TD, CM, NA.
They're in the business of making money, and they're very good at it.
They pay me to own them. What's not to like? ;)

"what I'm missing" that's a very open ended question. With too many answers. :(

Banks: That's exactly why we invest in them. RY, BMO, BNS, TD, CM, NA.
They're in the business of making money, and they're very good at it.
They pay me to own them. What's not to like? ;)
Yes, love the banks - own them all with good positions for very long time: dividend growers. What is not to like - LOL. :Cheers2: Insurance companies: IFC and SLF - same dividend growers.

Reactions: MKinOntario
I also, but when I'm the owner it's different than when I'm the customer.
I have a friend that has huge holdings in all 5 Canadian banks: I mean a lot of shares - bought in 08/09 crash - generates a crazy amount of income . He owns other "dividend growers"; but, by far, banks are his core. I agree, as a customer, sometimes detest - LOL. Until, I check my portfolio and see all the money they have sent me. I thought this was a corvette forum?

I have a friend that has huge holdings in all 5 Canadian banks: I mean a lot of shares - bought in 08/09 crash - generates a crazy amount of income . He owns other "dividend growers"; but, by far, banks are his core. I agree, as a customer, sometimes detest - LOL. Until, I check my portfolio and see all the money they have sent me. I thought this was a corvette forum?
National Bank is/has become another decent performer. Power Corp and Sunlife, maybes. Telcos, too.
They say you can't time the market, but I sometimes add to my groups during times of global turmoil.
Like early in Covid? Just sayin'.... :)

I believe you need insurance for cars. I could be wrong .. NOT! ;)
Another out of work comedian
National Bank is/has become another decent performer. Power Corp and Sunlife, maybes. Telcos, too.
They say you can't time the market, but I sometimes add to my groups during times of global turmoil.
Like early in Covid? Just sayin'.... :)
Exactly what I did. We own National - been great also. SLF has been stellar - up huge with dividend increases - owned long time - BCE & T will keep doing great - head winds with high interest rates. growing population - our idiot PM - has opened the flood gates which will create demand for: financial services , telcos etc. etc. I have never sold any of my 30 + core holdings - just add to on weakness: 08/09 and 2020. Time in the market not timing the market. IFC has been a huge performer over last 10+ years as well.

Things on the TSX slowed a bit after the interest rate increases started last year.
People started to drift back to fixed income, for safety. Understandable.
I see the C-Banks in particular as better than fixed income, plus safety.
Gotta pay for the cars, insurance, maintenance, and fuel somehow? ;)

Things on the TSX slowed a bit after the interest rate increases started last year.
People started to drift back to fixed income, for safety. Understandable.
I see the C-Banks in particular as better than fixed income, plus safety.
Gotta pay for the cars, insurance, maintenance, and fuel somehow? ;)
:Cheers2:

Another out of work comedian
That's "retired", not out of work! :p
OK enough talk about stocks. I was referring to banks as auto insurers.
Let's get this thread back on track.
As we wait impatiently for CDN pricing.

Murray, I posted Canadian E-Ray pricing from my sources after the leak earlier this week for our members to get an idea of what the car will cost here in Canada. What’s still unknown at this point is how much of the $1395 US price increase will change our prices as both the Chevrolet.com and .ca websites still have not changed the pricing as initially announced.
We already pay $900 more for our fright compared to the US and await to see if ours will be changing as well as we already pay more than enough already.
I told Cam for those preparing to order an E-Ray the easy math is this, build a Stingray to what you want in an E-Ray and add $50,000 Canadian to the total before taxes and taxes on tax. The $500 ZER package doesn't change the math.

Murray, I posted Canadian E-Ray pricing from my sources after the leak earlier this week for our members to get an idea of what the car will cost here in Canada. What’s still unknown at this point is how much of the $1395 US price increase will change our prices as both the Chevrolet.com and .ca websites still have not changed the pricing as initially announced.
We already pay $900 more for our fright compared to the US and await to see if ours will be changing as well as we already pay more than enough already.
I told Cam for those preparing to order an E-Ray the easy math is this, build a Stingray to what you want in an E-Ray and add $50,000 Canadian to the total before taxes and taxes on tax. The $500 ZER package doesn't change the math.
$170K depending on extra options??

3LZ in HTC with options will be that much!
My car was $122K - it is loaded - add $50K = $172K - kwik math for an old guy - LOL. Here is BC there is a luxury tax , plus, of coarse the federal tax; so, you are looking at a very expensive car. I am willing to pay; but, have been told getting one will be very hard - just like the Z06 - so, not holding my breath. Plus, a lot of dealers will be asking for a premium.

• Wow
My car was $122K - it is loaded - add $50K = $172K - kwik math for an old guy - LOL. Here is BC there is a luxury tax , plus, of coarse the federal tax; so, you are looking at a very expensive car. I am willing to pay; but, have been told getting one will be very hard - just like the Z06 - so, not holding my breath. Plus, a lot of dealers will be asking for a premium.
Getting too rich for my blood, considering the wait time, too. Honestly, I might not live long enough to take delivery.

I have to ask, since you're the go to guy on this, Scott.
I'm looking for a Stingray 2LT HTC Z51 with Front Lift and the Mag ride suspension. No other major add ons that I can think of at the moment.
Last year's numbers put that at $130K OTD.
When I asked, and realized 2023 was probably not going to happen, my sales guy said "not usually more than $1K to $2K, year over year".
But of course, that was a salesman, so I expected it to be more than that.
Any idea how much that might change? Go ahead, break my heart.....I won't hold you to any estimates, rough guesses, or ball park figures.
I'm just curious.

Last edited:
here is the USA Price list that shows what the dealer pays as well as MSRP
Screenshot 2023-07-16 at 3.27.58 PM.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.