Sep 19, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
2024 Stingray HTCZ51
Province
ON
Found this on another forum, and thought it might be useful for us 2024 peasants. Note the NEW coolant for high voltage EV equipment procedure. If it's already been posted, disregard.
IMG_4335.jpg

Interesting, thanks. I see it includes “exterior wash and dry” - I’m thinking to ask them not to wash it. As I’m fairly particular with how I wash to avoid swirls.

Anyone else request no wash? No issues for them to skip that step I’m assuming?

Interesting, thanks. I see it includes “exterior wash and dry” - I’m thinking to ask them not to wash it. As I’m fairly particular with how I wash to avoid swirls.

Anyone else request no wash? No issues for them to skip that step I’m assuming?
They wash it to make sure there are no imperfections. They know how to wash cars. You are supposed to go over your car with a flashlight when you pick it up.

Reactions: MKC8
I'm having the dealer do the ceramic coating, so I think washing might be a prereq?
Rad screens, locking lug nuts (are they really worth it?), and anything else I think of between now and delivery.
Rad screens can't hurt. Locking lugs? They are a pain when changing tires.

I'm having the dealer do the ceramic coating, so I think washing might be a prereq?
Rad screens, locking lug nuts (are they really worth it?), and anything else I think of between now and delivery.
Rad screens I would say yes. Locking lug nuts are great until you break it or lose it. I replaced the ones on my truck with standard . And the vehicle alarm goes off if the vehicle is lifted or towed.

Rad screens I would say yes. Locking lug nuts are great until you break it or lose it. I replaced the ones on my truck with standard . And the vehicle alarm goes off if the vehicle is lifted or towed.
Chev sells them as add ons. I'll assume they can resolve lost or broken ones? I'm not likely to be the one removing/replacing them at my age. I think they might be a visual deterrent to an otherwise easy theft? Id guess the wheels/tires are around $1000/corner or more retail? The locking lugs are around $35.

Chev sells them as add ons. I'll assume they can resolve lost or broken ones? I'm not likely to be the one removing/replacing them at my age. I think they might be a visual deterrent to an otherwise easy theft?
A fellow I know who works for Fountain Tire claims that they can break especially in the cold and depending on the torque on a given tire. As for visual deterrent I don’t see why not. I know of some businesses owners who installed cheap fake cameras with a short wire lead that just stuck up through a ceiling tile but didn’t go anywhere. They have a long life battery that keeps an led lit on the camera front and they have never been broken into, lol . C8 comes with run flats as well so there’s that.

Wheel locks are a PITA. I had to get them cut off my Jeep last year when I went to change over tires. Will never put them on another vehicle, ever. The socket keys get stripped because there is usually too much torque put on those wheel locks. If theives want the wheels, they will likely take them and maybe even the vehicle to make it easier.

Has the Fountain Tire guy never broken a standard lug nut, under the same conditions? Studs, too?
Like "you know what", it happens.
Visual deterrents work.
I know peope that have never (knowingly) dated an ugly girl.
Inclination Sensor and Intrusion Sensor
In addition to the standard theft-deterrent
system features, this system may also have
an inclination sensor and intrusion sensor.
The inclination sensor can activate the alarm
if it senses movement of the vehicle, such
as a change in vehicle orientation.
The intrusion sensor monitors the vehicle
interior, and can activate the alarm if it
senses unauthorized entry into the vehicle’s
interior. Do not allow passengers or pets to
remain in the vehicle when the intrusion
sensor is activated.
Before arming the theft-deterrent system
and activating the intrusion sensor:
. Make sure both doors and windows are
completely closed.
. Secure any loose items such as

This should help prevent your wheels from being stolen. As well as where you leave the vehicle. Of course you are also covered by insurance. And an NRA sticker on the window might not hurt, lol .Tire guy didn’t give me a score sheet but I’m sure he has broken every type at one time or another. And don’t forget beauty is only skin deep.

Last edited:
They wash it to make sure there are no imperfections. They know how to wash cars. You are supposed to go over your car with a flashlight when you pick it up.
That is a good point about them checking for imperfections. In general I’m surprised how easy it is to get swirls on car paint, but I guess I should just trust that they’ll do a good job.

On another note about PDI, I will mention to keep all the documents. The window sticker for sure.

Thanks for the input everyone.

I would guess if it went up high enough to remove a wheel . :carbounce:
Depends on where the sensor(s) is. On the Camaro it was on the rear inner fender. A bump of any kind there would trigger it. I haven't tested that on a C8, but I can tell you that when the car is armed and a window is open it just takes a little lean in to trigger the motion sensor inside the car.
I was at the gas station and my wife was in the car and after about 30 seconds the alarm went off and she barely moved.

Depends on where the sensor(s) is. On the Camaro it was on the rear inner fender. A bump of any kind there would trigger it. I haven't tested that on a C8, but I can tell you that when the car is armed and a window is open it just takes a little lean in to trigger the motion sensor inside the car.
I was at the gas station and my wife was in the car and after about 30 seconds the alarm went off and she barely moved.
Was thinking low profile racing jack. How much lift would you need to remove a wheel and tire, and would it trigger it? Probably yes based on your experience. Good to know.
The other issue for me probably having them, is leaving the car out of visual/earshot and/or event notification range. We've all heard the parking lot car alarms and thought probably a false alarm, unless you're close enough to see someone breaking in or lights flashing with no one nearby. To me its worth the $35 and potential pita for the added peace of mind. Whether they work or not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.