Got a call from Josh to-day at Kelowna GM - his cell : 604-337-1326. Car just came in and customer decided not to take delivery. Accelerator Yellow, with black interior - loaded. MSRP $120K+. Selling price $135K. I told him I would have bought if I had not got one already. One Z06 allocation so far! Really nice chap. I had spoke to him over a year ago about getting a C8.

Quite the premium... surprised they are allowed to ask over list?
I paid more over list than that. Called supply and demand: economics 101 - LOL . I am on list for E-Ray. Will pay what it costs. Life too short. Keep in mind that I am an old fart .

I paid more over list than that. Called supply and demand: economics 101 - LOL . I am on list for E-Ray. Will pay what it costs. Life too short. Keep in mind that I am an old fart .
Whoa there fella...

I'm not debating anyone paying a premium. I was under the impression Canadian dealers couldn't charge over MSRP?

I'm #1 for an E-Ray at my dealer...I'll hit you up once it lands...jkjk

Reactions: Jeffer2013
Whoa there fella...

I'm not debating anyone paying a premium. I was under the impression Canadian dealers couldn't charge over MSRP?

I think it’s an Ontario law regarding MSRP. Wheaton in Alberta has been charging well over MSRP on new C8s

Whoa there fella...

No offense taken. I was trying to be tongue in cheek in my response. I hope you get one. I really want one. Prefer Z06; but, not going to happen - so. E.R. would be an awesome sub. Have a great weekend. I do not think there are any rules on paying over MSRP. It happened with the 07 Shelby GT500 Mustang as well.

Ontario has all sorts of political problems but at least we pay MSRP for our C8's , I've never talked to anyone who has paid over in " A PLACE TO GROW" or "OPEN FOR BUSINESS" province like Dougie likes to call it for GM products, but what Cam forgot to mention is Ford and Dodge charge crazy ADM's here on their products, I can never figure out why the discrepancy.

I think it’s an Ontario law regarding MSRP. Wheaton in Alberta has been charging well over MSRP on new C8s
I believe MSRP does not enter into the equation; the Ontario regulation states “If a motor-vehicle dealer advertises a price for a vehicle (new or used), the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act (MVDA) requires that the price include ALL fees and charges the dealer intends to collect with the exception of HST and licensing”.

OMVIC does not regulate vehicle manufacturers; therefore, advertisements placed by manufacturers do not have to comply with the MVDA and all-in pricing is not required in manufacturer ads.

No offense taken. I was trying to be tongue in cheek in my response. I hope you get one. I really want one. Prefer Z06; but, not going to happen - so. E.R. would be an awesome sub. Have a great weekend. I do not think there are any rules on paying over MSRP. It happened with the 07 Shelby GT500 Mustang as well.

Oh yeah hence why I tried my best country response...bahaha

I'll be happy with my 70th once it arrives but I am very interested in the E-Ray especially if its like the outgoing NSX.

Oh yeah hence why I tried my best country response...bahaha

I'll be happy with my 70th once it arrives but I am very interested in the E-Ray especially if its like the outgoing NSX.
NSX over priced in my humble opinion. I went and looked at one and I'd prefer the C8. I'd kill to get a Z06 I admit!!!

Something probably will give eventually... there's 262 C8s listed right now on Autotrader. People might just be listing to see what happens, so it's hard to tell who's serious about selling... but that's a LOT of stock.
Yes it is. Finding the right one, is the key. Probably get more if listed in USA. Z51 3LT HTC loaded - get better price, I would think?

Got a call from Josh to-day at Kelowna GM - his cell : 604-337-1326. Car just came in and customer decided not to take delivery. Accelerator Yellow, with black interior - loaded. MSRP $120K+. Selling price $135K. I told him I would have bought if I had not got one already. One Z06 allocation so far! Really nice chap. I had spoke to him over a year ago about getting a C8.
if the car is "completely fully loaded" 3lt HTC with mag ride and Z51, optional wheels and paint the MSRP would be 115k, there is no way that MSRP is "120K +" what ever that implies. So this dealer wants minimum 20K over MSRP and that is "if" the car is fully loaded, for all we know it can be a 2lt coupe.