Got a call from Josh to-day at Kelowna GM - his cell : 604-337-1326. Car just came in and customer decided not to take delivery. Accelerator Yellow, with black interior - loaded. MSRP $120K+. Selling price $135K. I told him I would have bought if I had not got one already. One Z06 allocation so far! Really nice chap. I had spoke to him over a year ago about getting a C8.

if the car is "completely fully loaded" 3lt HTC with mag ride and Z51, optional wheels and paint the MSRP would be 115k, there is no way that MSRP is "120K +" what ever that implies. So this dealer wants minimum 20K over MSRP and that is "if" the car is fully loaded, for all we know it can be a 2lt coupe.
My 2022 3LT, Z51, HTC was $122K FOB dealer. Either the MSRP for base or options, or both, seem to go up on a regular basis as well - which makes sense for so in demand car. So, I think a 2023 loaded could reach $120K.

Reactions: nascar03
if the car is "completely fully loaded" 3lt HTC with mag ride and Z51, optional wheels and paint the MSRP would be 115k, there is no way that MSRP is "120K +" what ever that implies. So this dealer wants minimum 20K over MSRP and that is "if" the car is fully loaded, for all we know it can be a 2lt coupe.

I just checked out the C8 for sale in Kelowna. Here's the scoop:

-MSRP: $119,673 (window sticker price, which includes the $2,295 destination/freight fee, plus the $100 A/C fee);
-2023 3LT Convertible, Accelerate Yellow, black interior, Z51 with high wing option (does NOT have Z51 magnetic ride), front lift, carbon flash painted nacelles and roof, yellow calipers, yellow seat belts, black side rocker extensions, carbon flash painted mirrors, plus a few miscellaneous minor options. The car was in the shop yesterday, having the dealer options installed
-it does NOT have the yellow stitching in the interior, which I found strange but some may not like that with the yellow exterior
-asking $134,900 or about $15,000 over MSRP. I didn't ask but they likely retained the deposit from the customer who backed out of the deal.

I just couldn't get over the yellow exterior colour, so didn't make an offer. I'd have to replace the stock rims with aftermarket, but that's just me. A nice C8 if you're into yellow...and I suppose you could colour the stitching yellow yourself if that's something you'd like on the car. Any Accelerate Yellow fans out there?

-MSRP: $119,673 (window sticker price, which includes the $2,295 destination/freight fee, plus the $100 A/C fee);
-2023 3LT Convertible, Accelerate Yellow, black interior, Z51 with high wing option (does NOT have Z51 magnetic ride), front lift, carbon flash painted nacelles and roof, yellow calipers, yellow seat belts, black side rocker extensions, carbon flash painted mirrors, plus a few miscellaneous minor options. The car was in the shop yesterday, having the dealer options installed
-it does NOT have the yellow stitching in the interior, which I found strange but some may not like that with the yellow exterior
-asking $134,900 or about $15,000 over MSRP. I didn't ask but they likely retained the deposit from the customer who backed out of the deal.

I just couldn't get over the yellow exterior colour, so didn't make an offer. I'd have to replace the stock rims with aftermarket, but that's just me. A nice C8 if you're into yellow...and I suppose you could colour the stitching yellow yourself if that's something you'd like on the car. Any Accelerate Yellow fans out there?
thanks for letting us know the spec, for me the deal breaker would be z51 with no mag ride.

Without trying very hard (its my original config) and not adding many cosmetics (no stripes or hashes etc) I found it easy to configure a C8 loaded with a cost over $120,000. Unfortunately the website does not list the car and I have one so did not want to bother them asking for the build spec.

1663526753010.png

Update: started this reply before the 2 posts above confirmed the price. I seem to remember that with some interior configs, the matching stitching (yellow) goes away.

Yes, exactly what I was told. They are going to put better wheels on it as well: black trident.

Yes, exactly what I was told. They are going to put better wheels on it as well: black trident.
MRC is a must IMHO. Or not, I guess, if you just want a great all round car. I have had on two other vets and I quite like it. I do like the yellow myself .

Reactions: nascar03
There is no law in Ontario against selling above MSRP. As long as it is disclosed in any advertising, it is legal. I called OMVIC and confirmed this a number of months ago.

There is no law in Ontario against selling above MSRP. As long as it is disclosed in any advertising, it is legal. I called OMVIC and confirmed this a number of months ago.
Makes sense to me. Probably the same everywhere because it is happening at many dealers here in Lotus land.

The Ontario law is that all pricing must be disclosed and that a dealer may not charge over the advertised price. It means that the dealer must show a line item for their markup.

This causes 2 problems:
- Since GM advertises cars on behalf of dealers without markup, you can bring this ad to the dealer and force them to charge MSRP. Otherwise, take a picture and report them.
- GM dealers openly advertising markup, is also something GM will use to adjust that dealers allocation.

This is why you'll only see used Corvettes sell with a markup, because no one else advertises they car. GM cannot regulate the used car sales.

The Ontario law is that all pricing must be disclosed and that a dealer may not charge over the advertised price. It means that the dealer must show a line item for their markup.

This causes 2 problems:
- Since GM advertises cars on behalf of dealers without markup, you can bring this ad to the dealer and force them to charge MSRP. Otherwise, take a picture and report them.
- GM dealers openly advertising markup, is also something GM will use to adjust that dealers allocation.

This is why you'll only see used Corvettes sell with a markup, because no one else advertises they car. GM cannot regulate the used car sales.
Thanks for the explanation- now it makes more sense why the local Toyota dealer was making purchase of protection packages and extended warranties mandatory on the Supra in 2020 when it was launched. There was a $11,000 markup with all the mandatory add ons. And, to no one on this site’s surprise, not a single one of the 4 he had in stock sold.