ummm..Canada Corvette sales since 2014 have ranged from 1100 to just over 2000 so if max production is about 60000 then thats less than 5%....
Exactly. I’m being very optimistic about numbers. The C8 is like nothing before it. Demand and in turn prices will be strong. Just my opinion.

Exactly. I’m being very optimistic about numbers. The C8 is like nothing before it. Demand and in turn prices will be strong. Just my opinion.
I agree. The present crazy Covid prices will not last but I expect C8s bought now at MSRP will hold their value very well as supply will never meet demand in Canada and MSRP will rise annually.

Reactions: MY21C8
The ADS allocation strategy for 2022 will have it's effect on these greedy bastards. I hope they sit on them for months! They obviously don't give a s**t about return business!

Ok settle down, what is VinView ?
VinView is how the dealers track the shipping status throughout it's journey to you
Vinview.jpg

I read all of the disparaging words but we have to remember the reason Wheaton has a big allocation is because of the number of 2019 cars they sold. I am not sure of the exact number but it was a lot and because of this their current Corvette Allocation allows them to order quite a few. Because of the demand from brokers and the general public to "flip" the cars south of the border for a profit the dealers have to be careful. You can write all the contracts in the world that don't mean a thing to someone who wants to buy the car, flip it , make their $30 or $40k and not be able to buy another new corvette. They don't care, but the dealer is left holding the bag and then looses his allocations. By pricing high the dealers are protecting themselves from the cars not having the markup advantage being sold to the south. Of course this is hard to swallow for those who are honest.

As many of you have stated, this will reduce once the supply and demand premium is diminished. I for one don't really give a damn what the price is because if I don't like it I won't shop at the store. This being said with what I know of the dealership I don't take my car there for any work anyway but everyone must decide for themselves.

Reactions: turbozig
I read all of the disparaging words but we have to remember the reason Wheaton has a big allocation is because of the number of 2019 cars they sold. I am not sure of the exact number but it was a lot and because of this their current Corvette Allocation allows them to order quite a few. Because of the demand from brokers and the general public to "flip" the cars south of the border for a profit the dealers have to be careful. You can write all the contracts in the world that don't mean a thing to someone who wants to buy the car, flip it , make their $30 or $40k and not be able to buy another new corvette. They don't care, but the dealer is left holding the bag and then looses his allocations. By pricing high the dealers are protecting themselves from the cars not having the markup advantage being sold to the south. Of course this is hard to swallow for those who are honest.

As many of you have stated, this will reduce once the supply and demand premium is diminished. I for one don't really give a damn what the price is because if I don't like it I won't shop at the store. This being said with what I know of the dealership I don't take my car there for any work anyway but everyone must decide for themselves.

My friend who spoke with the dealership salesman this past Spring was told that they weren't taking ANY customer orders for new 2021 C8's and the salesman gave him your explanation as the reason: they'd sold some 2020's (one? two? ...unknown...) and the buyers flipped them for a ++ profit and the dealership was worried the same could happen with 2021's. My understanding is that the dealer and person who flips the C8, only gets penalized/"blacklisted" (respectively) by GM if the car ultimately ends up going from Canada to the States...since it jeopardizes GM's relationship with its US dealers/market. So a Canadian flipping to a fellow Canadian attracts no consequences.

Sorry but I don't buy that explanation; I think it a convenient rationalization to justify shutting out ALL customers and making a ++ profit for the dealership.

If that explanation was sound/reasonable, then ALL dealers would refuse to sell to customers using the same logic. However, Wheaton Chev in Red Deer is the ONLY dealership I've heard of in all of Canada, following this practice. Don Wheaton Chev in Edmonton (owned by another Wheaton brother) doesn't run its business that way...nor the other dealerships in Edmonton, nor Calgary, nor elsewhere to my knowledge. If they did, my friend and others I know (buying from Edmonton and Calgary) wouldn't have been able to buy a 2021 C8 at MSRP and all potential buyers would be held hostage by dealers making ++ profit. Imagine a world where NO ONE could order a new vehicle from a dealership but rather had to buy it from a dealership only when the vehicle was there, at way over MSRP. That would spell the end of dealerships and everyone would buy direct from the manufacturer...

Thankfully the "C8 craze" won't last forever and people have long memories. My 2 cents.

• Winner
Reactions: RockyPM and frankmp
My friend who spoke with the dealership salesman this past Spring was told that they weren't taking ANY customer orders for new 2021 C8's and the salesman gave him your explanation as the reason: they'd sold some 2020's (one? two? ...unknown...) and the buyers flipped them for a ++ profit and the dealership was worried the same could happen with 2021's. My understanding is that the dealer and person who flips the C8, only gets penalized/"blacklisted" (respectively) by GM if the car ultimately ends up going from Canada to the States...since it jeopardizes GM's relationship with its US dealers/market. So a Canadian flipping to a fellow Canadian attracts no consequences.

Sorry but I don't buy that explanation; I think it a convenient rationalization to justify shutting out ALL customers and making a ++ profit for the dealership.

If that explanation was sound/reasonable, then ALL dealers would refuse to sell to customers using the same logic. However, Wheaton Chev in Red Deer is the ONLY dealership I've heard of in all of Canada, following this practice. Don Wheaton Chev in Edmonton (owned by another Wheaton brother) doesn't run its business that way...nor the other dealerships in Edmonton, nor Calgary, nor elsewhere to my knowledge. If they did, my friend and others I know (buying from Edmonton and Calgary) wouldn't have been able to buy a 2021 C8 at MSRP and all potential buyers would be held hostage by dealers making ++ profit. Imagine a world where NO ONE could order a new vehicle from a dealership but rather had to buy it from a dealership only when the vehicle was there, at way over MSRP. That would spell the end of dealerships and everyone would buy direct from the manufacturer...

Thankfully the "C8 craze" won't last forever and people have long memories. My 2 cents.
I've seen two over-priced C8's at Wheaton's in Edmonton as well. One was 145K and the other 139K Mind you, they said they were vehicles that people ordered and backed out of. I'm pretty sure both sold!

I've seen two over-priced C8's at Wheaton's in Edmonton as well. One was 145K and the other 139K Mind you, they said they were vehicles that people ordered and backed out of. I'm pretty sure both sold!

The only ones I've seen on their showroom floor actually for sale (I'm there fairly often) were 2: one purchased out-of-Province from another dealer for over MSRP...then another at the end of April (black on black HTC with hi-wing) from a customer who wasn't driving it, for MSRP. I was told they wanted SOMETHING on their showroom floor to sell.

The only ones I've seen on their showroom floor actually for sale (I'm there fairly often) were 2: one purchased out-of-Province from another dealer for over MSRP...then another at the end of April (black on black HTC with hi-wing) from a customer who wasn't driving it, for MSRP. I was told they wanted SOMETHING on their showroom floor to sell.
That's the best story yet ! So with that logic they should charge $50k over so they stay in the showroom longer. So they have something to sell :) How do you sell sold out vehicles. For a big profit !

Last edited:
Reactions: frankmp

They lost 4 of their allocations from exported 2020's. Not condoning their reasoning or the price gouging, but there are dealers all over the country doing the same thing.

Reactions: RockyPM
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.