I've NEVER seen or heard of a dealership with so many new C8's actually for sale, on their showroom floor. What are the odds, giving the popularity of these C8's, that a dealer would have SO MANY orders sold to customers...who all cancel? Or perhaps the way to work around the system...is to tap "reliable" customers on the shoulder, get them to "order" a C8...knowing that order will be cancelled later OR sold on the dealership floor "on behalf of/on consignment for" the customer who "bought" the car. You know the old saying: "if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck". Everything looks to confirm what the dealership salesperson told my friend this past Spring...
Like John said and trust me he is just as close to BG as Keith Cornett. If that dealer is up to no good, GM will find out and that dealer will not only lose Corvette sales for a period of years, but also Cadillac sales. Some smells fishy, er Ducky or something is rotten in Denmark.

Reactions: AndrewJ
I'm happy to see the C8 supply chain opening up (in Red Deer at least) but saddened that the pricing appears to be so much over MSRP. There are lots of different dealerships out there for us to patronize and the approach taken by this dealership will not be forgotten. Sometimes the best way to show one's displeasure is with their feet... Just walk on by...

Reactions: pozi240
Guess we will see in 2022. Hard to believe they don't have anyone smart enough in a company that size to figure that out if it's indeed the case. This is not a flash in the pan company. They own 17 GM dealerships across western Canada. Anyone here have extended warranty with First Canadian Protection Plan (FCPP)? They own that as well.

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
GM doesn't delegate using FCPP. They have their own extended warranty plan. It's the dealerships choice who they use.

THIS JUST IN:
Got a call from my dealership manager 5 minutes ago. They are dropping the prices on the in stock C8's. Not sure how much they are dropping but for anyone still looking it might be worth a call. Talk to Tyler. Let him know you saw it on the forum. You guys are the first to know. Well... I guess I was the first to know...lol

They have the black bare bones 2LT convertible listed for $135,153. GM MSRP is $91,963 unless there are many invisible options. This is NUTS!!! No wonder they can discount with a $40,000 markup. For fun I posted my GS for sale on autotrader.ca a couple months ago at a price close to MSRP when I bought it to see what the market was like. No interest from anyone except this dealership who wanted to take it off my hands if I was desperate to sell but they would not actually give me an offer and wanted me to bid myself down. Not very attractive company to deal with.

THIS JUST IN:
They are dropping the prices on the in stock C8's. Not sure how much they are dropping
For what it's worth the blue one shown at $119000 earlier in the thread is reduced $5k. If you hear they reduce to msrp let me know:Angelsad2:

Screenshot_20210808-111937.png

They're actually shooting themselves in the foot with the mark ups. GM issued a statement that dealers who have been doing markups and had C8s they received sit on the lot with markups with slow turnaround time will be bumped down in future allocations. The faster the C8 is moved to the customers the more priority the dealership would get. Fantastic tactic by GM.
That’s what I thought GM put in place. Hopefully their allocation for 2022 will be affected these cars need to be on the road and driven.

Reactions: Rebby and Maximus74
Let’s spread the word about them to anyone that will listen. Post it on any corvette site you visit. Social media can be a great influencer !! If you buy from them you only make it worse!
How about a few dozen of us take pics of the old price and email corporate gm and ask them wtf is up

that would get the proverbial ball rolling eh

Check out the prices in the USA. The dealers call it market adjustment. It’s really supply and demand. Not sure GM cares with a sold out vehicle. The new allocation system might help no vehicles for dealers with vehicles sitting in the showroom. But in Canada I will not support a dealer that is gouging! PS and don’t use their service departments as well. Wheaton’s is famous for gouging!!

If Covid let’s up they can produce over 40000 in vehicles 2022. That’s almost two years of previous production. A lot of people are going to start walking away from orders as the C8 becomes common and no instant flip cash. The flippers also need to unload their cars to get ready to place their Z06 orders and want to maximize $$ on their used C8s. What’s a C7 stingray worth? 50% of the people with their names on the C8 list are more interested in making a quick $ than actually owning a corvette. My bet is we are at the peak $ for C8 stingray. Unless Covid kick production in the ass again. This time next year the depreciation will already be a reality!

If only 20% of production numbers go overseas (RHD) and us Canadians are lucky enough to get 25% of the remaining production numbers, I think the car will still command a strong interest. Don’t get me wrong, depreciation will happen. I just don’t think it will be as much as people think. Oh and then there’s that Z06 thing they want to build with only one plant building them all.

If only 20% of production numbers go overseas (RHD) and us Canadians are lucky enough to get 25% of the remaining production numbers, I think the car will still command a strong interest. Don’t get me wrong, depreciation will happen. I just don’t think it will be as much as people think. Oh and then there’s that Z06 thing they want to build with only one plant building them all.
ummm..Canada Corvette sales since 2014 have ranged from 1100 to just over 2000 so if max production is about 60000 then thats less than 5%....

Attachments

• Screenshot (42).png
    Screenshot (42).png
    119 KB · Views: 9
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.