I'm a bit on the fence. Personally I like the black rims...especially with the orange.... This certainly livens the contrast up but it also sort of reminds me of one of my co-op students ricer rims a couple years back..... Sorry Al and I will probably get boos from the other members as well.... No matter.... rims or not, it's a gorgeous car and I'm envious.... :)

I'm a bit on the fence. Personally I like the black rims...especially with the orange.... This certainly livens the contrast up but it also sort of reminds me of one of my co-op students ricer rims a couple years back..... Sorry Al and I will probably get boos from the other members as well.... No matter.... rims or not, it's a gorgeous car and I'm envious.... :)

Think you just lost your ride-along with Al privileges at MITM.... ;)

Reserving judgement here like a pro. :) Personally I wouldn't mind seeing more shots of them. I like that you're going for something different. I'd have gone with a less shiny/glossy look, maybe a matte orange finish but again hard to say until you see them in person or at least in a different light. @Al Stewart

P.S> I think you'll find it hard to get consistent opinions on wheels.... Unless you have them spinnerz of course.

Well if they don’t notice you are styling a new a** kicking ZR1on the road... they will now Al.

It’s a cool idea but like Nik I think a matte would look better. And also maybe it’s the light that makes them pop out so much. For sure in person they likely look great. Guess I will wait till MITM to take a good look. Damn I should have made up a trophy for the awesomest wheels.
Of course a disclaimer is important here as I really like the satin black wheels on pretty much any car. Heck I even have them on my Hummer and RZR too. So I am a bit biased.

Either way Al. If you’re digging the wheels that’s all that matters.
That is a stunning car man.

I’ll keep my snow tires.

Black balled..? I don't think so Al. Whatever blows your hair back is cool with us here. After all it's your car and you paid for it. Thus boring black or blinged up wheels is all good.

:Biggrin:

Last edited:
Reactions: Riley P
All black rims boring. VVivid vinyl sp conform orange chrome vehicle wrap.
What do you think? Yeah or neah. Go ahead I can take it.View attachment 16523

"Black balled".... ?.. Nice! :(

blackballed.jpg

The greatness of choice in regard to the wing (if for exterior appeal versus function)
I tried putting the removable top into the hatch and did not like the high wing for that.
So it was the low wing choice for mine.
Then I saw this convertible with low wing and got hooked.
Realizing the removable top would not be a problem.
After a year ... no ZR1 for me ... so I (sadly) did not get to the point of having to make a final decision.

This was sweet and a great day.
DEF1F1E5-9923-4120-B71D-28A859CC41F5.jpeg

Last edited:
I’d prefer to look at that as the stand up bar table if it were mine. Throw a towel on that and you’re fine. 😉
I wasnt sold on the high wing when I ordered my car but had to have the ztk package. Gm would not substitute low wing instead of high wing I tried till I was blue in the face. Now that I have the car I wouldn't have it any other way I love the high wing and it sets it apart from all other vettes not to mention got a place to eat now.
20190929_141254.jpg
20190929_141341.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread