Al, if I can be honest I love the body colour but not so wild about the top. However it is your car and pleasing me is probably the last item on your agenda!!:Biggrin:

This really is exciting news. I suspect you will be the first one on the forum to get one unless we have some sandbaggers here.

Can't wait to see what you get.:thumbs:

I guess I will be the third to comment negatively on the Kalahari roof. Every time I see one my first thought is "I wonder what happened to the original roof". Sorry Al. I prefer the black for the roof. As for the interior, I like the Kalahari for that. Not sure if it shows dirt or not. Not that you're gonna let you new ride get dirty anyway... ;)

With intent as to not "swarm" with the responses ... using the word "considering" is how I would phrase it as well :thumbs:
So I will reply that, your choices aside, I would be cruising with you and consider black interior and black top for myself as you can see that LBR is already :thumbs: agreed for my stable.
Black is tough for me to steer away from except when considering wash day (hence not the paint for me @ddgermann) as I am in need
of the standard Dale Earnhardt Sr. black colour compliment whenever I can get it ...
Sweet Car you have sights on that's for sure ... you get what you want :Biggrin:

Last edited:
black will sell a lot quicker, my wife was considering the green editions in 2014 but did not like the kalihari top

I have a DSOM with kali interior and like it but the top is not for me

black is best in this case just my opinion Jeff

My 2015 Laguna blue vert is black top and jet black interior. Over 3 years later and no regrets on the color. If I were to order a ZR1 I would still go with the black combo. :thumbs:

Reactions: ddgermann
I'm going to go against the crowd and say that I like the Kalahari top as it's lighter and will be cooler in summer, when the car will be out in the sun..... I'm guessing black would show dirt more as Kalahari is closer to dirt color than black?:D However, stains and scuffs would show more an the Kalahari, and where you would get stains and scuffs from, who knows???

The only thing I can think of is orange and Kalahari clashes with each other but Les has this colour combination and says it looks much better in person sooooo????
Anyway. It's not the typical colour combination. That's one reason why I would stay away from it. (Personal preference is white with red interior, but that's due to the Corvette my dad owned when I was growing up).

The black roof with black wheels on the orange is going to look sharp! Either combination you choose, you can't lose.

I'm super excited for you Al!!!! It's very awesome that you'll be getting a ZR1. I am jealous in a good way. If you get it in time, be sure to plan a trip to Winnipeg for our Meet in the Middle event in July so we can all drool over it! :D

I like Chuck. He is a positive and down to earth kind of guy. YouTube is full of vloggers for Corvettes that are really full of *hit with clickbait titles and 37 minutes of them babbling and 1 minute of content related to the title of the video.

I have exchanged emails with Chuck and he is a pretty cool guy.

Fun to watch him in his vids more than once....almost snap on GM though. :thumbs:

Reactions: Rruuff Day
So, it sounds like they accepted the orders one week early and upon realizing this, they had to notify everyone that their order was accepted in error, and was removed, only to most likely have the orders accepted next week? I think I am with Chuck thinking that GM should have just let everything sit for a week a kept the excitement going instead of causing this ripple. However, the long story short, should be that people are still going to get their ZR1's. It might just be a week later. :D

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread