Featured Thread

Zora

Corvettes & Road Trips: Priceless
Regular
Sep 23, 2018
U.S. Pacific Northwest
VetteCoins
Thanks to Chazcron! We earlier learned that the roof of the ME coupe would be removable, so based on that he did this rendering.

FBC34001-5F4C-4CF0-8302-4B99B7F6C184.jpeg

Thanks to Chazcron! We earlier learned that the roof of the ME coupe would be removable, so based on that he did this rendering.

View attachment 23430
OMG! I love the look and the color scheme - well, I mean all black with red & black interior - looks like a plan for me. On the list to order right behind "flyboy999" from Carter GM. Now, only if it had AWD?

That looks pretty sweet. Now let's see it in orange, green, a bright blue, etc. They say the C8 is intended to attract a younger fan base, but so far the colors rendered are not very inspiring......
What are you thinking? bright pink - LOL.

Haha...no, but honestly JCWP why is it that McLaren Lamborghini etc. should be the only ones with eye catching colors? I'm not saying they don't make it in black, yellow, etc. but come on....the color palette is a lot more diverse than that!!

Pretty good likelihood that the ME will pioneer SHOCK; that is a name of a current GM color found on the Bolt and the Camaro. I just took a trip to a local dealership to see it on a Bolt with my artist wife, who has excellent sense of color. From thirty yards away (the opposite end of the large showroom), she gave it a double thumbs down. Think of a Velocity Yellow that has too much green in it. Will appeal to some, but not to us There will also be some other new colors which will be different.

Since the new paint shop was designed with the capabilities for 12 colors, and this was confirmed by the BGA Body Manager Chuck Ventini when I meet with him 1-to-1 at last year’s BASH, and he acknowledged that “at some point we will probably go to twelve colors,” but when I pressed him as to when, he said, “I can not comment on future production matters.”

I am betting on twelve colors being introduced on the ME.

Reactions: ddgermann
Haha...no, but honestly JCWP why is it that McLaren Lamborghini etc. should be the only ones with eye catching colors? I'm not saying they don't make it in black, yellow, etc. but come on....the color palette is a lot more diverse than that!!
I agree - just playing with you. Bright fluorescent green, blue, yellow etc. Easier to be seen then as well. I probably will stay conservative to suit my age - just turned 70 - yikes!!!!!

Looking forward to checking the C8 out live and in person with no anticipation of when that might be.
Looking forward to getting back into the C7 a whole lot more as this drags on though. In the meantime,
I'm gonna ask my Doctor to give me what @Zora is getting so that I can live to "the new 40" :Wideyed: :thumbs:

Love the look, however.... In the summer my wife and I go out for brunch in our C7 almost every day (weather permitting of course). After eating the first thing that happens is that the roof panel comes off and we partake in an afternoon drive. After drooling over the above rendering, the next thought that came to mind was ‘Where do you store the roof panel?’ With the C7 you have a somewhat sizable trunk space (Corvette wise) to store the panel. With the C8 being ME, I have a suspicion that rear hatch area for storing accessories will be extremely limited, if any at all. That leaves us with the front area under the ‘bonnet’. With the angular design of the front end and location of the headlights, it can't comprehend a way in which the roof panel can be conveniently removed and stored on board in the automobile, thus it would have to be removed before you venture out and it stays at home. Definitely not a desirable situation if your ride were to be parked somewhere 'out of sight' with the roof panel removed. I suppose there may be the option that the roof panel is two piece, even so the athleticism required to place the panels in the front trunk area ‘from the side’ may definitely be beyond the ability of some ‘retired old farts’ such as myself, regardless if the front hood/bonnet is hinged from the front or the rear. Additionally, any available storage space in the trunk area is going to be basically non-existent if the roof panels are stored on board. Sorry to have added the ‘doom and gloom’ into this post folks but again I will say, ‘Love the look’.

Glad to hear that I am not the only old fart out there driving a beautiful C7. I was wondering about the convertible as well: where will the roof go and , will I have room for my golf clubs? Nice to see that your wife's are on board with you - mine not so much:Beatdeadhorse:

Reactions: flyboy999
I had a guy on the golf course here in Tucson ask me how old I was the other day while we were playing. I said "70 Canadian but only 53 US to reflect our current exchange rate" :Woohoo:. He muttered something about "free health care keeping us young" and his $80,000 titanium shoulder still not working properly. :canada::Cheers2::canada:
Bob, must be nice driving around in beautiful sunny weather down there in AZ. Do you drive your GS down and back: just saying - sometimes snow in the pass btw OR & CA, or do you take a different route - probably, I would think?

Reactions: Zora
When I mention that I gotta see the C8 live and in person (like we all do), I have a list of curiousities that will need to be explored. One is the roof panel storage and as I can’t yet envision it, my thought takes me to childhood toys where
... if it doesn’t fit, try rotating it 90 degrees. I found it difficult placing the roof panel in the back of the C7-ZR1 without concern of knocking it on the tall wing. Now I am wondering about putting the panel in the front C8 hatch and having to reach over the side fenders (assuming the front C8 hatch will have the traditional hinge pivot location) ... and so all that I know about today is that it’s just one day closer to the tiny white dot at the end of the tunnel.
754DB87D-ECEF-4DFF-B792-D71B2B6B94E0.jpeg
Oh yes ... and it’s Super Bowl later today with my brewskis chillin

Last edited:
When I mention that I gotta see the C8 live and in person (like we all do), I have a list of curiousities that will need to be explored. One is the roof panel storage and as I can’t yet envision it, my thought takes me to childhood toys where
... if it doesn’t fit, try rotating it 90 degrees. I found it difficult placing the roof panel in the back of the C7-ZR1 without concern of knocking it on the tall wing. Now I am wondering about putting the panel in the front C8 hatch and having to reach over the side fenders (assuming the front C8 hatch will have the traditional hinge pivot location) ... and so all that I know about today is that it’s just one day closer to the tiny white dot a the end of the tunnel.
View attachment 23490
U R so profound grasshopper and philosophical :Nopity:. But, can't argue with the sentiment/concern about the lid!!

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.