May 21, 2015
VetteCoins
Car
1966 Coupe turbojet
Starting this thread for my C2 427CI L36 Coupe Project... also have a similar thread at corvette forums

Attachments

• 20150526_192037.jpg
    20150526_192037.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 18
Thought I could share some of the history on the car as i know it.

66-vette-coupe.jpg

I purchased the car "sight unseen" off ebay, the seller who was commissioned to sell her had a solid 5 star eBay buying and selling record so i decided to take the chance and place the winning bid and I won her. Finally after lots of nervous days & nights she finally showed up at the door in the first week of Oct (winter literally started the next day)

I had no garage, library and was all nerves as i had no where to put her, so the week after i got her home i purchased an automotive tent and put her in it till the following spring, she was shipped all the way from Scarborough Maine USA to the Peace Region of BC which gets pretty damned cold during the winter, and this car was originally a Florida car, so the factory A/C is understandable and is a pretty rare optioned muscle car for a big block, laguna blue coupe.
I was thinking from day one that she could be a one of a kind, & maybe she is.

When I finally got her, I recognized immediately what I had, and realized I got her at "a stole it price"... this rare car sat in a heated barn since 1976 with another 62 vette in Maine and shows only 53759 original miles on her.
I'm the third owner and most paperwork was there and came with her which includes the original title, the build sheet is glued to the tank with its condition largely unknown, a ton of reciepts going back to the late 80's on maintenance & engine work, Whats is missing is the "protect o plate" with protection plan book which I'm hoping the previous owner may have still. The engine in her was seized because all fluids were either drained or dried up over time but I was informed of this before i made the decision to buy her.
also, when i bought the car the exchange rate was 1.07 to 1.00 US dollar which helped surprisingly much.
20141015_112118.jpg

During the next 2 years I went about building my garage and during the initial stages of the garage build while traveling to get a dump trailer and bobcat, I blew a head gasket on my 6.5 turbo diesel daily driver pickup.
I'm repairing the truck first before i start the resurrection of the C2...
Hopefully very soon, this chapter of disaster will finally be closed and the family truck will be back in operation and I can finally start on the tear down and mechanical work on the C2...
more news includes;

The bad - all the work up here where i live has dried up & I was laid off.

The good news is that - I now have all sorts of time now and all my ducks are in a neat tidy row.
meaning after 2 years I have the garage, library and the tools needed to start going on this project.

The excitement is thick as it ever was.

Sorry to hear the work is lacking in the area but glad to hear you have a whole bunch of time to start the resto! Enjoyed the history. Looking forward to watching the process unfold.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.