Feb 24, 2009
Red Deer Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2002 Z06 & 1988 C4
Province
AB
Hey I am new to the fourm and I haven't come across any kinda 1/4 mile time list with stock, mods, etc? Maybe someone should start one...... Just an idea. I know I am a big drag strip guy and I like to see what the corvette's can do stock and with bolt on's.

Hey I am new to the fourm and I haven't come across any kinda 1/4 mile time list with stock, mods, etc? Maybe someone should start one...... Just an idea. I know I am a big drag strip guy and I like to see what the corvette's can do stock and with bolt on's.

I'd tell you mine but it's a little embarrasing, I spun the rears a little too much last year at Race City Speedway (my first time), but this year with slightly stickier and wider tires on now I think I should improve a little bit. My boss want's to go me with his 1990 Carrera 2, the times are pretty close when tested, but I don't think I'll have any troubles.

Yes! I would also like to see 1/4 mile times (corrected times?). It would be best if people could list mods done, HP if Dynoed, tires used, etc so we can see which mod is worth what, or combination of mods is worth. :coolgleam:

My Stingray is not sorted out yet, to be honest but i'll post up to try & help generate a little interest here. it's a small block naturally asperated, full exhaust, pump gas only (no additives) non-tubbed, foot brake (no trans.-brake) full interior with power windows & the whole tilt/tele column set-up, totally street legal but mosly just end up going to cruise nights & drive it to the track here in Edmonton. so far it's gone 9.11 E.T. at 151 MPH. also ran my 93 ZR-1 in Portland last Aug. for fun, it's 'bone' stock down to the original tires, ran 12.94 E.T. not bad, these cars are not very good

Good times!! I suprise I haven't seen youat Castrol Race way I am usually there every Friday night for Steet Legals. The ZR1 is a amazing car! running high 12 stock I am going to be looking for a ZR1 this fall let me know if you know of any for sale. A 9 sec pump gas street car is impressive and looking good doing it to in a corvette!! My best time is a 12.060 @ 117mph on old set up, This winter I did head cam package hope be running mid 11's come spring.

i have not been out hardly at all the last couple of years, been flat out busy building engines. your cars working good AlbertaZO6. i sponsor the heavy hitters lane at Castrol on Friday nights. usually a bunch of my guys (customers) out on Fridays. sounds like it might not be long & you'll be in the heavy hitter lane :)

:agree: A 03 Z06 should beat a Carrera no problem!! Stock Z06 should run low 13 sec to high 12 sec in 1/4 mile

Actually the quickest bone stock C5 Z06 has run well into the 11s in the quarter mile. I believe the record is 11.79 at around 119 mph. That is bone stock right down to the original tires too, so with sticky drag tires it would be even quicker.

Thats True!!! They have run in the 11's but thats in perfect conditions around sea level. GM spec is at 12.4@116mph. In Edmonton I think is around 2200 feet above sea level you won't run those kinda times. I met guys at the Track that had there C5 Z06 in the hight 12's bone stock, but it took me a Diablo Tuner and a cold night to get there... not saying I am the best driver but let me tell you I tryed

hmmm a place here in 780 gave me a ball park of $12k for my twin turbo system... :) but i'd need another $300 to buy myself another house on top of that... I'm going to see when I can sneak it by "management". She's already asking why a clutch and tranny build would take so long and doesn't believe that's all i'm getting done LOL

Nice times!!! You run the 1/4 mile alot? Do you power shift in the Z06? I heard you can pick up a 10th of sec each shift? I tryed it untill I blew the trans... I have so many questions, launch techniques? 60' times?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.