Speaking of the events calendar, it might save a lot of mouse clicks if the contributing members edited the headings if their event has been cancelled. Just a thought.
Well ... more important to note is that as of today ...
The Cold Lake Event has NOT been cancelled
pending word on the Blue Angels commitment.
I will know more in mid-May from the co-ordinator
unless a public announcement comes first.
Sale of tickets for general admission has been suspended
until at least this time as well. Static Display entry remains open.
I am not cancelling my accommodation too quickly.
I am really hoping that Cold Lake has a way to keep this
Event going as it will be critical for its local economy.

Well ... more important to note is that as of today ...
The Cold Lake Event has NOT been cancelled
pending word on the Blue Angels commitment.
I will know more in mid-May from the co-ordinator
unless a public announcement comes first.
Sale of tickets for general admission has been suspended
until at least this time as well. Static Display entry remains open.
I am not cancelling my accommodation too quickly.
I am really hoping that Cold Lake has a way to keep this
Event going as it will be critical for its local economy.
Mass gatherings have been banned by the province until August 30th. Probably makes their official notice moot.

Speaking of the events calendar, it might save a lot of mouse clicks if the contributing members edited the headings if their event has been cancelled. Just a thought.

Yep good call. I can nuke them for you but on the off chance I'm not as well informed as I pretend to be would totally appreciate the OPs of those events to delete them or mark them as cancelled.

Thanks.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Mass gatherings have been banned by the province until August 30th. Probably makes their official notice moot.

[Quote}YYSSW ... just saying my event remains NOT cancelled and perhaps under Federal Jurisdiction I would think. I keep in touch with the CFB organizers on a weekly basis.

However ... instead of a long explanation on how upsetting deconstructive comments and balloon-popping can be ... I’ll just remove the effort put into this on CCF ... regardless of being cancelled or not ... I will keep in touch with the 3 who have committed and are registered for going.
As I began this reply prior to your edits Sp, I will continue to post.

In all fairness, whether your Cold Lake event comes to fruition or not, the "deconstructive comments" accusation is a bit unfair considering the provincial regulation which Cariboocreek is referring to. You may be correct though. Federal jurisdiction may disregard provincial mandates. Historically that would not be a surprise. Time will tell.

Below is the provincial directive for any interested:

"As the Calgary Stampede and Calgary Folk Music Festival both announced the cancellation of their premiere summer events Thursday, Alberta’s top doctor said no festivals or large gatherings will be able to take place until September at the earliest.

The blanket ban on summer events and festivals is necessary because of COVID-19’s ability to “spread like wildfire in large groups of people,” Alberta chief medical officer of health Dr. Deena Hinshaw said.

“To be clear, the orders in place prohibit gatherings of more than 15 people. They also require people gathered in groups of fewer than 15 to maintain a distance of two metres from one another,” Hinshaw said. “I know summer festivals and events are incredibly important for many people. They provide fun and entertainment in every part of this province, and many people depend on them for livelihood.

“But we must do everything we can to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We have seen that festivals and large gatherings hold the potential to be super-spreader events.”

Denouncing an event that’s
not officially cancelled..
There must be a prise.
Regardless ...
Cold Lake Event is removed
from CCF ...

edit ...
and now officially cancelled
a day later
until most likely 2022.

Last edited:
I haven't read the whole thread but I can tell you I do appreciate the open mindedness of most people. Someone said it, and it seems some "experts" see a headline and retain that, period. I've used Zoom for years (works very well on all phones too) and have a paid account now I use with clients not subject to the 40 minute time limit of free accounts. It is one of the easiest and stable systems for new users to use. Yes some accounts have been hacked, and yes Zoom has made changes like waiting rooms and passwords, and today are still working diligently to improve security. I've stayed because it's a great system and I think an excellent platform for this environment to use. Given the sheer number of accounts worldwide (especially now) I struggle to see why anyone would want to hack into a forum's chat, but that's just me. I think the odds are certainly in our favour and support the idea wholeheartedly 👍

Corvette Zoom Test Meet #2 took place last night. As I remain a bit green and when working with this developing application, a few invites were not able to log in. I am fully aware that this is what can happen with free software versions ... so I may look to subscribe for a few months before deciding to try a different platform. More to come ...

zoom from my “office” last night ... 😂
23042BF0-A945-4107-9E6E-44E03253EDCC.jpeg
820CD686-978F-4D88-B851-355A88648329.jpeg

Looks like I'm late to the party and missed this thread. I would echo @Jayman's comments, as I've been using Zoom extensively and have experienced no security issues. It's definitely one of the easier platforms for people to use, as cross platform support, can easily do screen sharing and audio/video sharing, can stream to YouTube and Facebook Live, so is worth sticking with. Most of the security issues were from people using Windows computers without a password, not using a room password, or using outdated versions of the app, which I believe have all been addressed through updates, plus they've forced older versions to now update before they can connect. You can also setup a waiting room and vet each person before letting them into the room. The free version is just as reliable as the paid version, and invites work the same, so that won't fix any issues, as the biggest difference between the free and paid account is the time limit. Since the lock down Zoom has also been extending the time limit, either by giving you an extension of the call or allowing you to start another call right after.

So because of the limitations of free Zoom might we try Messenger or HouseParty? Either shares all peoples video feed. I’ll read more but if anyone has experience with either please share.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread