I find it interesting to read the differences we have with regard to how we announciate a cars name or model. For me the Camaro Z28 was always (Zed) which I will add has a more muscular sounding resonance than simply Zee!

As well Datsun 240Z and its' future generations were always Zee.;)

I never heard a Datsun (speaking of defunct words), called a 240, 260 or 280 Zee.... Maybe Sault Ste. Marie Ontario pronounciation is influenced by it's other half of the city in Michigan.:confused:

Zed, Zee! Neighbour - neighbor! Does it even matter? To some yes - others no. Canucks will always compromise and then apologize. Unfortunately our drama leader will never apologize to Alberta for damaging the oil industry but it is possible that the Prime Minister in 2118 will. Oops sorry I said that.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Zed, Zee! Neighbour - neighbour! Does it even matter? To some yes - others no. Canucks will always compromise and then apologize. Unfortunately our drama leader will never apologize to Alberta for damaging the oil industry but it is possible that the Prime Minister in 2118 will. Oops sorry I said that.

Nope don’t apologize man. You are bang on. 👍

Oh wait you didn’t apologize. Even better. 😂😀👍

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I use zed oh six, just like zed 71 truck package or zed 51 for the vettes. That is proper English. We often say oh for zero in other instances so I’ll stick with it. Good question though. The younger folk I think tend to Americanize the language.
I always use "naught" for zero. Almost no one knows what I mean
So it is a ZED Naught 6.
I dread not the response I will get.

I notice that a number of You Tube videos show car owners going to Mexico to race their cars. I Googled this with no success and I'm baffled as I learned that Mexico does have speed limits, so what's up with this? There must be a strategic reason why the drivers are specifically driving to Mexico rather than race in the neighbouring states?

Cobra

I notice that a number of You Tube videos show car owners going to Mexico to race their cars. I Googled this with no success and I'm baffled as I learned that Mexico does have speed limits, so what's up with this? There must be a strategic reason why the drivers are specifically driving to Mexico rather than race in the neighbouring states?

Cobra

I would suspect that some Country's law enforcement officials may have more speed limit tolerances than others. :angelic:

Either that or they don't really go to Mexico but don't want others to think they race near home...

pesos.jpg

Reactions: Cobravenomous
I would suspect that some Country's law enforcement officials may have more speed limit tolerances than others. :angelic:

Either that or they don't really go to Mexico but don't want others to think they race near home...

View attachment 21325

You're probably correct on the latter......don't want to advertise that they are simply racing at home......ha ha

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I always use "naught" for zero. Almost no one knows what I mean
So it is a ZED Naught 6.
I dread not the response I will get.
... and which now gets the engine on the C8? The Boot or the Bonnet?
... or do the names switch to where ever the engine is?

I remember this discussion with the new Beetle as it's hard to tell
if it is coming or going without red tail lights

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.