At the end of the day only you can decide if a calm quiet relaxed ride is better then a far stiffer ride. I watched so many videos on the eray and for me it went so far as to inquire about a build slot for one, and for many of your own reasons too - awd being the main one.

I would not worry what it will be worth in xxx years either its a car one which you'll end up changing out again regardless. Owning an eray puts you one notch up on the z06 it's faster by a tenth of a second ... and it has stealth mode. My 2cents... lol

• Agree
Reactions: DAL
At the end of the day only you can decide if a calm quiet relaxed ride is better then a far stiffer ride. I watched so many videos on the eray and for me it went so far as to inquire about a build slot for one, and for many of your own reasons too - awd being the main one.

I would not worry what it will be worth in xxx years either its a car one which you'll end up changing out again regardless. Owning an eray puts you one notch up on the z06 it's faster by a tenth of a second ... and it has stealth mode. My 2cents... lol
:Beatdeadhorse: LOL

A strange weekend for me. First, I was dealing with a GM dealer in Coquitlam for a loaded 2023 Z06 - $199K MSRP BLACK - don't like black on this car - offered me $100K trade-in on my loaded Z51 3LT HTC. I refused so he came back to me and somehow got the net price reasonable - ie. saved me a fair bit on luxury taxes - not sure how? I was dealing the GM of the dealership. Then I get a call from dealer to order an E-Ray - so I did - loaded car - $115K trade-in - paying a bit over MSRP. Next I get an email from the dealer with the black Z06: got an allocation for Z06 - I could order exactly what I want - so, I asked him to get back to me - he hasn't yet? Questions: E-Ray or Z06? - Z06 with basically same options is about $30K more. My friends at BCCC - who have Z06 say buy Z06 because of engine and E-Ray basically a dresses C8 Z51. I tend to agree with that. As well Z06 would hold value? Thank you everyone for reading this lengthy post and I look forward to your thoughts.
All depends…but if you want to shut down a Z06, it’ll take the E Ray to do it. Kinda a shame that GM put the Z06 in second place to the more “basic” E Ray… Happy Motoring!

My opinion on this (seemingly never-ending) E-Ray vs Z06 debate:
First and foremost, a basic Stingray is a beautiful car on it's own, and chances are it has sufficient power and handling to satisfy most 'drivers'.
That said, I am looking forward to moving up a notch myself, if for no other reason than 'I can'.
The power and performance differences, miniscule as they are, will never be realized through my driving.
The 'noise' levels, which to many is a major selling feature of the Z06, is not an essential component to me, and may actually prove detrimental.
As for the 'stiffness', well, it may be an age thing, but I'm thinking a slightly smoother ride is more in line with my needs.
The styling is the same, with the exceptions of a few incidental details (No, the E-Ray is not just 'dressed-up' like a Z06).
I'm fortunate enough to be able to take the initial costs and resale values out of the equation, leaving me to purchase only that which makes sense to me.
I'm presently on lists for both, but my inclination at this point is to go with the E-Ray.
The only issue I may have now is if one of my Z06 allocations comes in ahead of one for the E-Ray.
What is it you say, "First World Problems"?

p.s.: I do like the available rims on the Z06 better.

SO here is an interesting twist to possibly consider or not - what will the costs be to service and E-ray versus a Z06 or a Stingray short term and long term? Obviously it depends on how many miles that you put on it of course but first thing out of the gate that I recall reading was the cost of the brakes on E-Ray being Carbon Fiber are frightfully expensive! like $20,000 dollars to replace! Sure you can spend another 5 grand likely and change them over to non ceramic but why would you buy a new car and then do that. I found this a very interesting fact. What is the ride truly like in the Z06? I have not personally had the luxury of going for a ride in one and have only watched videos where people say it is very tight, feel everything so for me that would be a deal breaker. Would I like AWD sure but again at what long term cost? Batteries ? Lots to chew on whilst one waits to see a E-ray in real-life - I love the E-Ray rim personally and would like to put a set on my C8 but they want silly money so I will wait until I can get them as a knock off in Chrome 5 Spoke , twisted Spoke that is!

SO here is an interesting twist to possibly consider or not - what will the costs be to service and E-ray versus a Z06 or a Stingray short term and long term? Obviously it depends on how many miles that you put on it of course but first thing out of the gate that I recall reading was the cost of the brakes on E-Ray being Carbon Fiber are frightfully expensive! like $20,000 dollars to replace! Sure you can spend another 5 grand likely and change them over to non ceramic but why would you buy a new car and then do that. I found this a very interesting fact. What is the ride truly like in the Z06? I have not personally had the luxury of going for a ride in one and have only watched videos where people say it is very tight, feel everything so for me that would be a deal breaker. Would I like AWD sure but again at what long term cost? Batteries ? Lots to chew on whilst one waits to see a E-ray in real-life - I love the E-Ray rim personally and would like to put a set on my C8 but they want silly money so I will wait until I can get them as a knock off in Chrome 5 Spoke , twisted Spoke that is!
The same brakes supplied as 'standard' on the E-Ray are supplied as 'optional' on the Z06, correct?
I can't speak for others on this, but if I did go with a Z06, it would have the more 'expensive' brake package.
Batteries - They carry an 8 year warranty, which is probably a lot longer than I will have the car.

Reactions: Cannonball Rally
I'll chime in here as I'm both a multiple C8 owner (past), have done a few track days and the Spring Mountain driving school, understand the C8 platform and currently drive a Hybrid Supercar - the NSX.

Ive driven the Z06 in tour mode and to me it feels like a split between the Stingray Sport and Track modes on a mag ride/Z51 equipped car. It's noticeably stiffer than the Stingray for sure and the flat plane crank V8 engine sound can drone unless you open it up.

Would I own a Z06, yes for track and if it was a weekend play toy only. Daily driver, no way because in order to get the low down torque you really need to push the car.

Here's where the E-Ray will shine.

The E-Ray is like the NSX with loads of low end torque and monster like launches so for street and long road trip use Hell yeah. The Stingray is an awesome track toy and I feel the E-Ray will also be equally as fun even with the added weight. I drove my NSX down to Atlanta this summer and played with it on the famous Tail of the Dragon and literally had to get out at the end of the twisties to grab air and not puke.

I'm torn as a 1LZ Z06 for track would be fun as heck but the overall package of E-Ray having the widebody, hybrid assist motors, all wheel drive and standard ceramic brakes completes the overall package. The Swiss Army knife of C8s. One thing I didn't think I'd like is when the NSX saunters out of the garage in battery mode, uses it on the street and quietly drives into the garage. It's cool. The E-Ray stealth feature will be just a great and I think it's something folks will like.

Want the V8 sound...hammer the gas pedal. Solved.

Carbon ceramics on the NSX are incredible and unless it's being tracked will last many years so I really wouldn't concern yourself with that cost on the E-Ray especially rotors.

Just my $0.02 and I'm keen to compare it to the NSX if my allocation comes.

Last edited:
Reactions: DW Ruby and Thom
Wow Cam, thanks for this. It is so hard to truly understand all of the nuances between each model. My fear appears to be explained in so much as the z06 needs to be driven to avoid the dreaded drone. Weekend warrior approach, love it! I avoid cottagers at all costs on weekends, and if I hit the road it's in the very early morning on my motorcycle. Once the city folk hit my area , its good to be home is all ill say. I had the dreaded drone with borla exhaust in my c6, ended up trading even with a lucky corvette owner to get a set of stock exhaust.

Given the option with my knew found knowledge, I would order a ERay as my choice between the two now , the absolute last thing i need is my wife complaining about the cabin drone ...

I'm sure getting an allocation for one may be fairly easy in the next 6-12 months but would wish to wait until the ERay has been on the street as I did with my Stingray for at least 2 production years. Then imho any changes / line updates or modifications will have been completed.

I read somewhere 2025 production year will see many changes , but who knows. In the meantime if someone can come out with a power frunk retrofit for a 2023 I'd be willing to consider purchasing it .

"My Z06 Impressions" thread explained it all.

Last edited:
I love the E-Ray rim personally and would like to put a set on my C8 but they want silly money so I will wait until I can get them as a knock off in Chrome 5 Spoke , twisted Spoke that is!
Z-Ray Wheels Something like this @Cannonball Rally ?
1701950323954.png

Wow Cam, thanks for this. It is so hard to truly understand all of the nuances between each model. My fear appears to be explained in so much as the z06 needs to be driven to avoid the dreaded drone. Weekend warrior approach, love it! I avoid cottagers at all costs on weekends, and if I hit the road it's in the very early morning on my motorcycle. Once the city folk hit my area , its good to be home is all ill say. I had the dreaded drone with borla exhaust in my c6, ended up trading even with a lucky corvette owner to get a set of stock exhaust.

Given the option with my knew found knowledge, I would order a ERay as my choice between the two now , the absolute last thing i need is my wife complaining about the cabin drone ...

I'm sure getting an allocation for one may be fairly easy in the next 6-12 months but would wish to wait until the ERay has been on the street as I did with my Stingray for at least 2 production years. Then imho any changes / line updates or modifications will have been completed.

I read somewhere 2025 production year will see many changes , but who knows. In the meantime if someone can come out with a power frunk retrofit for a 2023 I'd be willing to consider purchasing it .

"My Z06 Impressions" thread explained it all.

There's a lengthy thread on the main Corvette forum about C8 Z06 ownership that's worth reading for perspective Z06 buyers:

4770192-current-c8z06-owners-thoughts-on-ownership-so-far-2.html#post1607067245

Mod: Links to other Corvette forums strictly verboten.
You can search that forum for the above if you'd like.

Last edited by a moderator:
A strange weekend for me. First, I was dealing with a GM dealer in Coquitlam for a loaded 2023 Z06 - $199K MSRP BLACK - don't like black on this car - offered me $100K trade-in on my loaded Z51 3LT HTC. I refused so he came back to me and somehow got the net price reasonable - ie. saved me a fair bit on luxury taxes - not sure how? I was dealing the GM of the dealership. Then I get a call from dealer to order an E-Ray - so I did - loaded car - $115K trade-in - paying a bit over MSRP. Next I get an email from the dealer with the black Z06: got an allocation for Z06 - I could order exactly what I want - so, I asked him to get back to me - he hasn't yet? Questions: E-Ray or Z06? - Z06 with basically same options is about $30K more. My friends at BCCC - who have Z06 say buy Z06 because of engine and E-Ray basically a dresses C8 Z51. I tend to agree with that. As well Z06 would hold value? Thank you everyone for reading this lengthy post and I look forward to your thoughts.
ZO6 💯!!!!!!!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.