Thanks for sharing. I've not been following too closely, but I am aware of the constraints and long wait list for the Z06. Curious for viewpoints on the probability that those who joined a wait list in 2022 will ever see a C8 Z06? Last time I was in a dealership getting the Vette serviced was in October--the SA I spoke to thought no chance within 3 years and likely no shot at all..yikes!

Thanks for sharing. I've not been following too closely, but I am aware of the constraints and long wait list for the Z06. Curious for viewpoints on the probability that those who joined a wait list in 2022 will ever see a C8 Z06? Last time I was in a dealership getting the Vette serviced was in October--the SA I spoke to thought no chance within 3 years and likely no shot at all..yikes!
Depends on the dealers list, but we've been told that they could build as many as 30 per day. It has to be a moving target though. The more Z06's they build, the fewer the Stingrays they can build. They still can't provide enough Stingrays for the demand. This is one reason why I'd prefer dealers enter all orders into Workbench so GM can have some idea as to demand for both.
The Z06 is labour intensive, so a pricey car to build. For that reason they just might not make much more for the Z06 than they do for the Stingray. So I have no idea which car they prefer to build.
All that said, if you got on a list in 2022, I think it's at least 3 years. People who are getting them now have been on lists since lists were started. Some as early as 2015 or earlier.

Reactions: lupo
I've been on Z06 lists since late 2020 and early 2021. My best placement was #5 and that dealer didn't start a Z06 list until late in the game, compared to some other dealers. That dealer has since received one allocation, moving me up to #4. Given the low number of Canadian allocations for ANY C8 and especially the Z06's, I expect to wait upwards of 2 years at that spot. If it happens sooner, I'll consider that a bonus. I'm #1 on the E-Ray list with that same dealer. Maybe I'll see an E-Ray allocation around the same time (??) and if so, I'll have to choose since I can't afford both. I'm grateful that dealer has confirmed (in writing) its allocations will be sold at MSRP. I'm told it's not putting anyone new on its Z06 list.

I'm #16 on another Z06 list and that dealer received one allocation but brought it in "for itself" and sold it for $52,000 over MSRP, even before it had a TPW. As far as I know, I'm still #16 on their list (sigh).

So an important factor is the dealership and what it does with its Z06 (or Stingray) allocations. Your spot on a list could be meaningless if they ignore lists and sell their allocations to the highest bidder.

• Agree
Reactions: Gilles27 and lupo
I thought Cullen sold C8's at MSRP? or is that just for Stingray's, and not Z06's??
I'm pretty sure they sell at MSRP for both. Where did you get that figure from? I have not followed the Z06 info closely. Do we have pricing on it all?

I'm pretty sure they sell at MSRP for both. Where did you get that figure from? I have not followed the Z06 info closely. Do we have pricing on it all?
Finch and Cullen both got Z06 last week at $ 205K I figure thats $40K over MSRP
Cullens sells for MSRP, I assume that Finch does also. 205k can easily be the MSRP

The car Cullens got is HTC 3LZ starts at $153,200 plus options

Last edited:
Reactions: vinny's vette
47696AFA-8CBF-49A0-B513-61541D541D65.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.