Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s a question. How many staying on the list are flippers? I hope none. Maybe a flippers list needs to be started.

I suspect the number of "flippers" for the Z06 will be few, compared to the C8 Stingray. It's one thing to find buyers in the $110-$130,000 price range...as compared to buyers in the $200,000+ price range. Traditionally, Corvette buyers haven't been north of $200,000 and at that price level, you're now looking at people with money who will likely prefer exotics, especially when the first model year Z06 hasn't yet proven itself by clocking a lot problem-free track/street miles. Just one opinion and time will tell all.

Here’s a question. How many staying on the list are flippers? I hope none. Maybe a flippers list needs to be started.

I suspect the number of "flippers" for the Z06 will be few, compared to the C8 Stingray. It's one thing to find buyers in the $110-$130,000 price range...as compared to buyers in the $200,000+ price range. Traditionally, Corvette buyers haven't been north of $200,000 and at that price level, you're now looking at people with money who will likely prefer exotics, especially when the first model year Z06 hasn't yet proven itself by clocking a lot problem-free track/street miles. Just one opinion and time will tell all.

Buyers are paying 275k for 2019 Zr1’s that had 150 to 175 MSRP, at the 300k range I’m driving a Hurican Thank you

Buyers are paying 275k for 2019 Zr1’s that had 150 to 175 MSRP, at the 300k range I’m driving a Hurican Thank you
The difference here is that they only made 2953 ZR1s and of that 512 were convertibles. There will be a whole bunch of the new Z06’s pumped out. GM removed the manual option and went mid engine. Making the ZR1 the last of the rear wheel drives and the most powerful made at that point. If any Vette is going to be a collectable from the last 50 years that’s it. None of the C3’s past the 1970 had much value. The C6 Z06 has some value and collectibility, carbons, and 427 verts. I wouldn’t pay ZR1 prices but plenty will. I saw an add the other day with a guy offering $250 for a C8 Z.

• Agree
Reactions: Blu427
ok guys, now that the official USD price is out, unofficial Canadian price is out there and 1st allocations coming July 21 with 1st orders being placed July 28.
lets get a list going: who is on the list? are you staying or dropping out?

1. Denis- on the list- staying on the list
2. Gilles27- on the list- staying on the list
3. SebringC8- on the list- staying on the list
4. Zedder- on the list- staying on the list
5. 69L89- on the list- staying on the list
6. JohnP- on the list- staying on the list
7. D1J- on the list- staying on the list
8. nialll- on the list- staying on the list
9. butsy- on the list- staying on the list
10. JayBats- on the list- staying on the list
11. CamsC8- on the list- staying on the list
12. crazylegs- was on the list- dropped out
13. ZOHSLICK- on the list- staying on the list
14. Psyclist- on the list- staying on the list
15. Midengine- on the list- staying on the list
looks like there are not that many of us on the list for Z06, so hopefully we won't have to wait "years" to get one.

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I'm on the list..... 3900km on my 22 3LT ELB....love it. My Procharged C5 sits on top of the C8 (lift). There will be 3 Vettes in the garage....... Can't wait.

If quarter mile is your gauge for performance the C8 Z06 wasn’t for you anyways, it’s a track car that will destroy any modded Stingray, put your name an the Eray list sounds more your kinda car
I'm not so sure that a Z06 without the Z07 will destroy any modded Stingray. After many years of track days I have seen some surprisingly fast cars come from humble beginnings. My guess is that most Z06 owners will not be willing to risk their 150K plus cars at the track at 10/10ths, nor will they have the skills. So I guess we will catch you guys at Cayuga and compare lap times. It promises to be fun.

I'm not so sure that a Z06 without the Z07 will destroy any modded Stingray. After many years of track days I have seen some surprisingly fast cars come from humble beginnings. My guess is that most Z06 owners will not be willing to risk their 150K plus cars at the track at 10/10ths, nor will they have the skills. So I guess we will catch you guys at Cayuga and compare lap times. It promises to be fun.
Non Z07 C8Z will be 35% stiffer than Z51, has higher output fans, better airflow and an extra heat exchanger than the Stingray. A modded Stingray won't be able to keep up on the track unless all these features plus an extra 175hp are added.

Non Z07 C8Z will be 35% stiffer than Z51, has higher output fans, better airflow and an extra heat exchanger than the Stingray. A modded Stingray won't be able to keep up on the track unless all these features plus an extra 175hp are added.

Also way better mechanical grip and better tuned mag ride, put the same driver in both cars won’t even be close

Reactions: black2010gs
Also way better mechanical grip and better tuned mag ride, put the same driver in both cars won’t even be close
A SR with a full DSC Tractive suspension setup (when available) with SC2s and a track alignment will match the Z06/Z07 grip I would think. So now it is down how well you can put the power down. On a large track like Mosport the Z will likely have an advantage but Cayuga (TMP) it will be interesting. Either way they are both great cars and driver skill will always be the deciding factor. I will certainly admit that the Z06 is worth the $$ for that great sound. Can't wiat for the first real world reports. I hope the Z06 deliveries to Canada start soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread