There is no announcement of a 2022 Z06. Judging by all the supposedly Z06 camo cars it's assumed they will release it as a 2022.
So assuming it will be a 2022 and another assumption that 2022's will start in September then I'd think they will release them, like the HTC, half way through the 2022MY. Which would be February to April kind of thing. A lot of assumptions there though.
Many think the 2022's might not start until November of 2022

Only if they increase production substantially is my opinion. They only produced 8,600 or so C7 Z06' s in the inaugural 2015 year and were building over 34,000 Corvettes. Canada got just over 300 of them. If production numbers stay the same as this year and the % of Z06's is similar, that equates to about 200 that will come to Canada. If that number is close, my guess is the top three dealers will get less than 10 each and the remaining 170 will be split among the remaining 600 franchises. JMO

Only if they increase production substantially is my opinion. They only produced 8,600 or so C7 Z06' s in the inaugural 2015 year and were building over 34,000 Corvettes. Canada got just over 300 of them. If production numbers stay the same as this year and the % of Z06's is similar, that equates to about 200 that will come to Canada. If that number is close, my guess is the top three dealers will get less than 10 each and the remaining 170 will be split among the remaining 600 franchises. JMO
I agree with your “300 per year”

GM has "announced" the C8 Z06 will be introduced in the Fall 2021 (in a few months) but it will be released in 2023:

Pricing depends on what "standard features" are incorporated into the Z06 and no doubt there will be many options to entice people to open up their wallets even more. Rumours are circulating there will be a Z07 model and potentially a "track-only" model with any such variants bumping up the price even higher. So as usual, it's "be patient, stay tuned, all will be revealed in time and start saving now...".

Muscle Cars & Trucks has an article confirming the Fall reveal and 2023 release, plus it tells us the Z06 will have the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 R tires but it remains to be seen if that's on all Z06's or it will be an option you can choose or tires that come standard on a variant (ie. the Z07). Here's the article:

Last edited:
GM's make more money selling the cars in US dollars every car that comes to Canada cost less than it does in the US.
So likely the more profitable Z06 will be prioritized in the US market. We will get a few to wet our appetite. Again start bribing your local dealer.

GM makes all sorts of automobiles and Canada is a good market for them. So they know from a marketing perspective, they must promote their product, maintain customer PR and foster brand loyalty. Those who buy Corvettes also buy other GM vehicles and using Alberta as an example, GM trucks readily come to mind. I suspect GM is always mindful of "the big picture" so choking off their Corvette supply (Stingrays, Z06's, the E-Rays, ZR1 and even the mighty Zora) to Canadian purchasers will likely be a poor marketing move. However Canada of course has a much smaller population base (almost 10 times smaller) so it's not surprising that more Corvettes (and automobiles in general) go to the States.

According to the NCM final stats for 2020: of the 20,368 C8's produced 91.2% (18,577) went to the States, 7.3% (1,490) went to Canada, and 1.5% (301 combined) went to Mexico and the Middle East. So we received about 8% of the C8's that the USA got, meaning it's somewhat lower than our pro-rata share based upon the populations of each country. But that may not be a useful comparison, since there may be more people in the States on a pro-rata basis who wanted to buy a C8...compared to us in Canada. Or using stats from 2014 (dated, I know), 96.3% of the driving-age population in the States owned a vehicle compared to only 77.8% in Canada, so that could also account for the difference assuming those same or similar stats apply to 2020. Only GM knows the stats and stats can be manipulated in many different ways. But I doubt GM bases its sales on where it receives the most "bang for its buck" otherwise with the US/Can. exchange rate in place for some time now, we'd see a much more marked decrease in vehicles sold to Canada. Having said that, I agree the Z06 will be limited and harder to get than a Stingray, both here and in the States.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread