Does anyone know when you can place an order and deposit in the new zo6 in Canada thank you
NOW!
You get on a waiting list with any dealer you want. Ask the size of their list and the number of Corvettes they receive each year to determine how many years you will have to wait until you get one. Then place a deposit with that dealer (or more) and wait. You will likely be 2 or 3 years before you will get one, but you never know. Some luck out and get with a dealer who has a short list, but some quantity of yearly Corvette sales. Good luck!

Reactions: gone
I suspect that following the October 26 "reveal" or official unveiling of the new Z06, along with the ever-increasing number of articles and YouTube videos we're seeing about it, more people will be seeking to get one. That includes a segment of car buyers who covet the exotics and they probably have more available funds, so they're more likely to pay over MSRP and take allocations away from the rest of us. If you weren't on a list(s) many months before that "reveal", your odds of getting a Z06 with the first release, are likely slim to none. But don't be discouraged. I'd suggest you get on at least two Z06 lists, with dealers who have some chance of an allocation (hopefully) in the next 2 years, if you're truly serious about taking ownership. Keep in mind that people drop off lists for various reasons. As long as the dealer you're with will move you up on the list when someone drops out (rather than take the allocation and sell the car at a bigger profit for the dealership), you'll have a better chance of seeing your own allocation. So as Murray correctly states, get on a list(s) NOW with a refundable deposit. Once your dealer gets a Z06 allocation and puts your name on it, you then place your order, your deposit is non-refundable, then the nail-biting waiting game begins...where you're waiting for GM to sequence your Z06 for production. But even if GM doesn't make your Z06 for that particular model year (due to parts shortages or who knows what other reasons) you're still in the "GM queue" and will get a Z06 at some point. If you sit on the sidelines and don't get on a list, you're guaranteed to get nothing...unless you're willing to pay a dealer ++++ over MSRP, so that comes with a high price. Good luck to all!

Z06 supply chain will determine the volume as will the production line balancing between models. Not as easy as just turning on the tap. My 25 years of assembly plant experience with vehicle mix tells me it is a challenge. Price will come in over $100k for sure. Bespoke engine building is not easy and not high volume friendly.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Lots of new corvette customers walking in offering $$$ over invoice. If you are not prepared to do the same enjoy the wait. These guys are used to paying for Mclaren’s / Lambo’s / Ferrari etc. Dealers will find many creative ways to move them to the top of lists. Just saying it’s not going to be as easy as being on a list. Going to be who you know. At least on year one

Looks like 2022 will be a short year

As I said on the other thread, the dates are padded to give them a 4 to 6 week extension if needed. They want to get back to the traditional SOMY which, as I understand it, Is the end of June / early July

I just got off the phone with Wilson-Niblett in Richmond Hill. The rep said that they had an allocation of 20 C7 Z06s in previous years. Assuming about the same allocation for the C8 Z06, then some of us will wait a while. I asked how many were on their wait list......about 160!
Oh boy! I hope they get that much again. Thanks for asking!

I just got off the phone with Wilson-Niblett in Richmond Hill. The rep said that they had an allocation of 20 C7 Z06s in previous years. Assuming about the same allocation for the C8 Z06, then some of us will wait a while. I asked how many were on their wait list......about 160!
160 on the list ! and getting maybe they'll get 20 Z06 a year ! the sums to about about a 8 year waiting list for Wilson Niblett. lol ! Like myself A lot of us will be jumping ship ! who in right mind will wait that long. C9 will be out by then lol

Does anyone have an actual letter or listing from their dealer that states their position in line for a Z06
I have a feeling that these lists are subject to change !!! Good luck to those on the lists at MSRP

I’m first at my dealer but till the car is in my garage anything can happen as this pandemic has proved

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread