Just got off the phone with a nearby dealership. They went on line direct to GM Canada with my VIN and told me only the first 2 oil and filter changes are free. I specifically asked about the tranny , canister and flush. Said , no mention of this from GM. Can you share your contact info at GM. Mind you , I have a 2023 so things do shift around. Maybe tranny issue is "fixed"?

So if there is a "flush" procedure done, how much DCT fluid is used up? I would think it would be more than a top-off, more like a few litres?
The "flush procedure" doesn't use any fluid. It merely cycles all the fluid through the filter just to make sure all the oil has been cleaned (filtered) recently.

Reactions: DenisC8
The "flush procedure" doesn't use any fluid. It merely cycles all the fluid through the filter just to make sure all the oil has been cleaned (filtered) recently.
Thanks for the info. In that case, after my one free DCT filter change, I will likely take over doing the procedure myself. Probably more frequently than called for in the maintenance schedule ;)

Reactions: Bucketoy
Thanks for the info. In that case, after my one free DCT filter change, I will likely take over doing the procedure myself. Probably more frequently than called for in the maintenance schedule ;)
At this time I don't believe there is a way for a backyard mechanic to do the flush procedure. That said, I don't know how necessary it is to do it.

Lots of vids on our sister site "YouTube" about it...
I couldn't find anything about the procedure. Lots of videos on the filter, but not the flush. I saw a picture of a laptop connected to the OBD port, but that's it.

Much as I would like to have the dealers do all the recommended service, the sad fact is I no longer trust any of them to do a good job. You have an expectation that a higher-end car gets higher-end service, but today that seems not to be the case. I'll grudgingly go to the dealer for the included service, and warranty covered issues. I'll cross my fingers each time!
For the DCT service, I won't worry about the flush procedure, a nice to have but nothing to lose sleep over imho.
It's pretty much a certainty my warranties will expire due to time and not mileage. I never buy the extended warranty. After the three years are up, any DCT filter changes called for (or any other fluid changes) will be done by myself for the enjoyment of working on the fantastic C8!
Having said all that, should the transmission prove to be troublesome in those first years all bets are off!

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with a nearby dealership. They went on line direct to GM Canada with my VIN and told me only the first 2 oil and filter changes are free. I specifically asked about the tranny , canister and flush. Said , no mention of this from GM. Can you share your contact info at GM. Mind you , I have a 2023 so things do shift around. Maybe tranny issue is "fixed"?
The DCT flush and canister change was included in the service with your first oil change at GM dealers in Canada for 2022 model year C8's. I understand there was a "Home Office Letter" sent out to dealers in August of 2021, stating such. I think you'll be hard pressed to actually see it as that information is treated as confidential and dealers can get in trouble sharing it outside of GM. I can tell you I had this service performed under warranty for my 2022 at Spencer in Cobourg and they were very knowledgeable about this service. I doubt very much that it has changed for 2023's. I would recommend moving on to a dealership with more knowledge on your 8th generation corvette.

Hey Murray

I feel your pain but dont feel too bad .... if you had that work done at Humberview Chevrolet

you'd probably have a bill of twice that ..... ..I inquired at Humberview for a price on the install of a high wing spoiler......lol they wanted 5 hours labour LOL

The same work at wilson niblett was 2.5 hours I had mentioned this to one of the service managers there who will remain nameless and he told me the reason was that they would probably have a student do it ( should i puke now or later ).....the biggest corvette dealer in Canada and they would have a kid change my spoiler .

If you ever have the pleasure of going to Humberview and shake hands with one of the staff please count your fingers after you might be short one or two.

I actually really like my salesman who will also remain nameless.....i bought several vehicles from him........but as for the rest ....AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Im just thinking out loud

Hey Murray

So Iv had my C8 since July 28th of 2021

They gave me my first free oil change April of 22 ....I will take it in for the second free oil change

next April just before the summer season.....is that when this tranny service is req ? and what exactly do they do?

then you mentioned it is req again at 36k....i dont think ill bring it where i bought it for any paid services as what you paid would be like a trip to the dollar store compared to uuummm you know who :rolleyes:

Hey Murray

So Iv had my C8 since July 28th of 2021

They gave me my first free oil change April of 22 ....I will take it in for the second free oil change

next April just before the summer season.....is that when this tranny service is req ? and what exactly do they do?

then you mentioned it is req again at 36k....i dont think ill bring it where i bought it for any paid services as what you paid would be like a trip to the dollar store compared to uuummm you know who :rolleyes:
They flush the tranny and replace the DCT filter. The flush procedure is simply cycling all the fluid through the filter one or more times.
You can go anywhere you want for all service including the free oil changes. I'd rather pay extra than travel to a dealer 30 miles from me. That's the price you pay to live in paradise! :)

Reactions: Vettenut
$524.83 Labour
$249.99 filter
$ 49.53 fluid
$ 5.95 Supplies (screwdriver?) lol
$107.94 Gubernment
$938.24 Idjet Me.
so here is my bill:
Parts: Filter $257.14
Labour: $159.95/hr X 3hr: $479.85
Supplies: $14.40
Total: $751.39+Tax of $97.68= $849.07

interestingly the receipt says: filter replaced, transmission fluid level checked, and "performed transmission hydraulic system leak test". No mention of "computer transmission flush", or "extra fluid" being added.

Someone spied with their little eye. ‘Twas not me though…
F09DEC54-5C98-4E3E-9EB6-1472C0B0AD2B.jpeg

Someone spied with their little eye. ‘Twas not me though…View attachment 102253
Ya, I saw your Bro with his Cobra at the C.T. gas station. Nice colour.
Do we know your brothers name? I know I don't (Or a forgot which is very possible! lol )

Ya, I saw your Bro with his Cobra at the C.T. gas station. Nice colour.
Do we know your brothers name? I know I don't (Or a forgot which is very possible! lol )
Ya, he's putting the Cobra to sleep today. His name is Steve, but I'm sure the stinkin' raccoon will have something to say...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread