I just realized I had the procedure for the filter change! lol

DCT Filter Change Procedure.png

• Informative
Reactions: Bucketoy and Sparro
I really wish there was an affordable tool out there that allowed me to do the initial flush before replacing the DCT filter. Other than the flush, this is an easy and enjoyable job I can do. Then, I might even reduce the recommended kms. for this service a bit.
I am still on the fence about the requirement to do that "flush" procedure. As it is the fluid is circulated through the filter all the time, is it not? So then, why this requirement? A money maker only?

• Agree
Reactions: Bucketoy
I am still on the fence about the requirement to do that "flush" procedure. As it is the fluid is circulated through the filter all the time, is it not? So then, why this requirement? A money maker only?
A great question thats been debated quite a bit in other threads.
I guess when GM tells you to JUMP if you want to keep your warranty, you say, how high :canada:

Reactions: Murray20c8
Should only require a fluid top-up for what is lost in the small filter so a litre, and while I find a litre in the US at about $35USD in Canada I find it at about $50 so thats about right. The DCT filter was available at a discount but now is $250 so thats right.

So the only cost a bit high is the labour rate. I think most of us can expect around $800-900 for the DCT filter change and I tried to get GM to provide one free one as they do for the 2022 but with several phone calls and emails and texts no such luck but I got a free jacket.

After looking over the invoice I got incensed and decided to fill out the survey GM sent me. I did not include my name because they did believe me about the seat belts being frayed when I received the car so all in all I'm happy, but I hate the fact that they can rip people off. These were my comments.
I was charged 3.5 hours for service to my car, but the car was only in the service bay for 2.5 hours. I don't know who is at fault here, but a dealership is only as good as the people that represent it. Because of the above I'm afraid I had to give an overall poor rating, but most of the people I dealt with were honest and helpful. It only takes one bad egg to ruin the container.

After looking over the invoice I got incensed and decided to fill out the survey GM sent me. I did not include my name because they did believe me about the seat belts being frayed when I received the car so all in all I'm happy, but I hate the fact that they can rip people off. These were my comments.
Now I'm weary of bringing in my car to them for service after warranty. I got one free oil change left that will be used up soon.

Now I'm weary of bringing in my car to them for service after warranty. I got one free oil change left that will be used up soon.
I have one left also. I had no issues the first time. I suspect it was the tech that lied about the time, but who knows. I'm assuming that the book is indeed 2.5 hours for the dct filter change. Sounds like City wants 3 hours for the job assuming 149/hr there also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread