Not sure where you are located.

I had XPEL put on my Vette back in '15 by Touch of Tint . They were reasonable, but used the diecut pattern. I wished I'd gone with sekanskin.com they were going to do custom, but I got cold feet at the extra cost. They were going to remove the bumpers, mirrors and all emblems and trim. Wish I'd spent the extra 700. Now by the mirrors the slits are becoming more noticeable, also have a few nicks in the paint along the edges of the hood where the pattern just stops before the edge.

One cool thing Touch of Tint did was tint the headlights. They put a slight tint that makes the headlights blend into the car better and also adds some protection to the lens.
I am still leaning towards headlight tint as well, same thing, light tint for looks and protection. The headlights look great, no sense covering them in dark tint while probably making them dimmer at the same time. I have read a few stories about tint causing headlights to crack due to heat retention. I will defer to the tint experts at Shadow Tint when I bring it in.

Reactions: Ita vette
guys im thinking of using xpel clear film to cover my hood, frender, bumper and mirrors.... u think its worth it... nervous about the stingray emblem on the fender....thanks guys

My car is in right now for full body XPEL, Ceramic coat & tint. The PPF is custom install. I'll let you know how I feel about it when I get it Friday !

Well I wish I could give you a little bit of a better answer here but the thing is I got my car back, drove it home, parked it in the garage and it's been sitting there since. Weather is just too awful.

What I can tell for now:

The tint looks awesome. The only thing is that I got 5% on the back and at night the mirrors won't dim.
Can't see the XPEL (Ultimate +) unless you know where to look, and are really close to the car's surface.
Ceramic Coat (XPEL Fusion +) makes it really slick and give it a glossy wet-like finish. Can't wait to see the hydrophobic properties when I'll wash it.

So far I'm very happy with my purchase, I just hope XPEL will do its job and "self-heal" once out on the road.

I am still leaning towards headlight tint as well, same thing, light tint for looks and protection. The headlights look great, no sense covering them in dark tint while probably making them dimmer at the same time. I have read a few stories about tint causing headlights to crack due to heat retention. I will defer to the tint experts at Shadow Tint when I bring it in.
looks like we r looking at the same guy...Was your guy name Mkke???? Im still yhjnking about it ,but the weather is crap and i wont bring it out in the rain...hmmm more for me to think about

I had mine done last week. Full front end and rear quart panels and ceramic coat on top. As the others have mentioned before you can’t really see the film seams unless you’re about inches from the body of the car and I would rather see seams than paint chips 👎 . I have the grandsport hashmarks and I’ve opted for them to go over them rather than cut around them.

74776181-5F5F-4230-8904-FE84755E0876.jpeg

Reactions: Dantanman
I had mine done last week. Full front end and rear quart panels and ceramic coat on top. As the others have mentioned before you can’t really see the film seams unless you’re about inches from the body of the car and I would rather see seams than paint chips 👎 . I have the grandsport hashmarks and I’ve opted for them to go over them rather than cut around them.

View attachment 26412
very nice thanks

Reactions: grandsp69
My car is also in right now for full body XPEL, Ceramic coat & tint.
I will post pictures when I get it back.
Here are a few progress pictures.
The wheels are off to have them coated as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0254.jpg
    IMG_0254.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0255.jpg
    IMG_0255.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 23
I’ve got an individual in Calgary you can call if you are here. Does all my Xpel work and you should find pricing is absolutely remarkable ...
He does dealership work, insurance work and private work. He only provides top product so anything cheaper will need to be found somewhere else.
597AA76A-47C6-431C-BF2E-B329A2D99D4D.jpeg

He’s done 3 Corvettes and 8 other vehicles for me. I cannot tell you my price (using my name would never hurt)

Last edited:
I’ve got an individual in Calgary you can call if you are here. Does all my Xpel work and you should find pricing is absolutely remarkable ... He does dealership work, insurance work and private work. He only provides top product so anything cheaper will need to be found somewhere else.
View attachment 27910

He’s done 3 Corvettes and 8 other vehicles for me. I cannot tell you my price (using my name would never hurt)
I can vouch for you on this. Excellent work I witnessed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.