British Columbia
  • C7
  • BC
  • You're Celebrated
  • Hot Chili
  • You're a Regular
  • You're Liked
Not sure where you are located.

I had XPEL put on my Vette back in '15 by Touch of Tint . They were reasonable, but used the diecut pattern. I wished I'd gone with sekanskin.com they were going to do custom, but I got cold feet at the extra cost. They were going to remove the bumpers, mirrors and all emblems and trim. Wish I'd spent the extra 700. Now by the mirrors the slits are becoming more noticeable, also have a few nicks in the paint along the edges of the hood where the pattern just stops before the edge.

One cool thing Touch of Tint did was tint the headlights. They put a slight tint that makes the headlights blend into the car better and also adds some protection to the lens.
I am still leaning towards headlight tint as well, same thing, light tint for looks and protection. The headlights look great, no sense covering them in dark tint while probably making them dimmer at the same time. I have read a few stories about tint causing headlights to crack due to heat retention. I will defer to the tint experts at Shadow Tint when I bring it in.

Reactions: Ita vette

Kev

Casual User
Sep 16, 2018
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Z06/07 3LZ
Province / State
Saskatchewan
  • C7
  • SK
guys im thinking of using xpel clear film to cover my hood, frender, bumper and mirrors.... u think its worth it... nervous about the stingray emblem on the fender....thanks guys
My car is in right now for full body XPEL, Ceramic coat & tint. The PPF is custom install. I'll let you know how I feel about it when I get it Friday !

Kev

Casual User
Sep 16, 2018
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Z06/07 3LZ
Province / State
Saskatchewan
  • C7
  • SK
Well I wish I could give you a little bit of a better answer here but the thing is I got my car back, drove it home, parked it in the garage and it's been sitting there since. Weather is just too awful.

What I can tell for now:

The tint looks awesome. The only thing is that I got 5% on the back and at night the mirrors won't dim.
Can't see the XPEL (Ultimate +) unless you know where to look, and are really close to the car's surface.
Ceramic Coat (XPEL Fusion +) makes it really slick and give it a glossy wet-like finish. Can't wait to see the hydrophobic properties when I'll wash it.

So far I'm very happy with my purchase, I just hope XPEL will do its job and "self-heal" once out on the road.

Ita vette

Casual User
Nov 21, 2018
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
2019 z51
I am still leaning towards headlight tint as well, same thing, light tint for looks and protection. The headlights look great, no sense covering them in dark tint while probably making them dimmer at the same time. I have read a few stories about tint causing headlights to crack due to heat retention. I will defer to the tint experts at Shadow Tint when I bring it in.
looks like we r looking at the same guy...Was your guy name Mkke???? Im still yhjnking about it ,but the weather is crap and i wont bring it out in the rain...hmmm more for me to think about

grandsp69

Regular
Jun 25, 2018
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
’19 Grandsport
  • C7
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're a Regular
  • You're Liked
I had mine done last week. Full front end and rear quart panels and ceramic coat on top. As the others have mentioned before you can’t really see the film seams unless you’re about inches from the body of the car and I would rather see seams than paint chips 👎 . I have the grandsport hashmarks and I’ve opted for them to go over them rather than cut around them.

74776181-5F5F-4230-8904-FE84755E0876.jpeg

Reactions: Dantanman

Ita vette

Casual User
Nov 21, 2018
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
2019 z51
I had mine done last week. Full front end and rear quart panels and ceramic coat on top. As the others have mentioned before you can’t really see the film seams unless you’re about inches from the body of the car and I would rather see seams than paint chips 👎 . I have the grandsport hashmarks and I’ve opted for them to go over them rather than cut around them.

View attachment 26412
very nice thanks

Reactions: grandsp69

RobZ06

Casual User
Mar 4, 2019
Awards
Peterborough
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Z06
Province / State
Ontario
  • Ontario
  • C7
My car is also in right now for full body XPEL, Ceramic coat & tint.
I will post pictures when I get it back.
Here are a few progress pictures.
The wheels are off to have them coated as well.

Attachments

Racer66

Casual User
Jan 21, 2015
Awards
Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Stingray
  • C7
One summer down with Expel Ultimate and still happy 😃 … but the price tag is a little hard to swallow at first. You may want to consider you door sills to save on scuff marks there too.
Season two and still no regrets or issues!!!

SN-III

MOTM

SN-III

Making the Day Matter
Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
Awards
YYC - alBEERta
VetteCoins
Car
His & Hers C7s
Province / State
Alberta
  • Spotlight Award
  • Alberta
  • C7
  • You're Celebrated
  • Hot Chili
  • You're a Regular
I’ve got an individual in Calgary you can call if you are here. Does all my Xpel work and you should find pricing is absolutely remarkable ...
He does dealership work, insurance work and private work. He only provides top product so anything cheaper will need to be found somewhere else.
597AA76A-47C6-431C-BF2E-B329A2D99D4D.jpeg

He’s done 3 Corvettes and 8 other vehicles for me. I cannot tell you my price (using my name would never hurt)

Last edited:

turbozig

It's not just a car, it's a state of mind
Power User
Jun 21, 2011
Awards
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
1970 & 2015 Stingray
Province / State
Alberta
  • You're 5
  • C7
  • C3
  • Alberta
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're a Regular
Reactions: ddgermann

MikeysZ06

Power User
May 3, 2017
Awards
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2007 LeMans blue Z06
Province / State
Alberta
  • Alberta
  • You're Celebrated
  • C6
  • You're a Regular
  • King of the Post
  • You're Liked
I’ve got an individual in Calgary you can call if you are here. Does all my Xpel work and you should find pricing is absolutely remarkable ... He does dealership work, insurance work and private work. He only provides top product so anything cheaper will need to be found somewhere else.
View attachment 27910

He’s done 3 Corvettes and 8 other vehicles for me. I cannot tell you my price (using my name would never hurt)
I can vouch for you on this. Excellent work I witnessed.

Jeffer2013

Regular
Aug 1, 2013
Awards
alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Base DSOM
Province / State
Alberta
  • You're 5
  • C7
  • Alberta
  • You're Celebrated
  • Hot Chili
  • You're a Regular
I have been using car pretty lately. Amazing workmanship and very decent pricing.
I used car pretty for my old one,
the lady I will be using used to be an owner of car pretty and still has partnership in the land and buildings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)