Ita vette

Casual User
Nov 21, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
2019 z51
guys im thinking of using xpel clear film to cover my hood, frender, bumper and mirrors.... u think its worth it... nervous about the stingray emblem on the fender....thanks guys

Reactions: ccltj
yes i totally agree, i dont want it removed at all... thanks

Yes good question. One you need to confirm with your installer; as they are not all awesome. Sometimes paying a bit more provides you a much better result.

Yes the stuff is totally worth it. If you’re spending the money get the top end wrap as it is more durable and self healing. 👍

I am another who agree xpel is worth it.
I have started to appreciate that the nicks xpel gets are not nicks in the clear coat.
Yes I also have a nick where xpel was not extended.
Not surprising that’s the nick that bothers me and not those in the xpel.
Waiting patiently for self healing with those.
I would not remove the logos otherwise you might be tempted to not put them back on. 😂

Last edited:
I am another who agree xpel is worth it. I have started to appreciate that the nicks it gets are not nicks in the clear coat. Yes I also have a nick where xpel was not extended. Not surprising that’s the nick that bothers me and not those in the xpel. Waiting patiently for self healing with those. I would not remove the logos otherwise you might be tempted to not put them back on. 😂
i will hate to have chips on my baby... i will send a tex to ensure it doesnt come off... thanks 4 the info

guys im thinking of using xpel clear film to cover my hood, frender, bumper and mirrors.... u think its worth it... nervous about the stingray emblem on the fender....thanks guys

We may be a little biased, but we vote YES, XPEL Is worth it. :thumbs:

As far as the emblem goes, your installer can remove it (recommended) or just use the pre-cut pattern as the XPEL DAP Pre-Cut Kit software is designed with precision to fit your vehicle. By removing the emblem, the installer can get the film underneath that area for a much cleaner look and ease of maintenance since that's one less edge to clean. Removing the emblem is easy and painless. Once removed, the installer will take off the existing double sided tape and reinstall new double sided tape.

Got xpel on the front of mine, with the exception of the mirrors, IMO it's worth the cost and unless you are really looking for it it's pretty much not noticeable. It's just another level of protection and peace of mind, the nose is pretty low so there will be contact with debris from the road. Replacing the film is much cheaper then repairing the paint from a chip.

Not sure what you are nervous about the emblem

Reactions: XPEL and ccltj
Thought I'd jump in here. Happy to see Xpel following the forum too! I was just going to add a couple things. First, I personally found die-cut quotes considerably cheaper than custom. Is it as good......no but the difference in labour for custom fitting was considerably higher in my case. And second, I would go to a shop that is authorized in Xpel, SunTek, and 3M...….you can take a look and compare all 3 products and decide for yourself. Depending on your wallet, you won't go wrong with any PPF as long as the shop is qualified, authorized, and talented! Good luck.

Just had Suntek installed, front clip, side skirts, splitter and winglets. He applied it to those parts prior to us installing them for better coverage still need door sills done. Ran out of time.

Not sure where you are located.

I had XPEL put on my Vette back in '15 by Touch of Tint . They were reasonable, but used the diecut pattern. I wished I'd gone with sekanskin.com they were going to do custom, but I got cold feet at the extra cost. They were going to remove the bumpers, mirrors and all emblems and trim. Wish I'd spent the extra 700. Now by the mirrors the slits are becoming more noticeable, also have a few nicks in the paint along the edges of the hood where the pattern just stops before the edge.

One cool thing Touch of Tint did was tint the headlights. They put a slight tint that makes the headlights blend into the car better and also adds some protection to the lens.

Reactions: Dantanman
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.