Wow....................

Discussion in 'British Columbia' started by max930, Oct 28, 2017.

1. SN-III

SN-III High RPM Poster

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    16LBR-His&17SBM-Hers
    Crap ! :mad:
    Annual Property Taxes of $24095 on an $8.85M house is a bargain :thumbs: ...
    equates to my Annual Property Tax being only :eek: $1090 for a $0.4M house ...
    I need to move my house next door to him ...
    That house would have Annual Taxes of $66500 if it was next to me o_O

ddgermann likes this.
  2. max930

max930 Active Member

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    our property tax until recently very inexpensive. The people getting nailed are ones with a lot of recent sales on their street. Still a house here VS most of Canada is still reasonable by property taxes........... Rural Abbotsford most is in the Agriculture reserve and can't be developed. Mine is under $4k for that reason on a once $500k house. Washington State next door is even more reasonable. Parents paying $400 for 200 acres raw land per year. They are looking at manufactured homes for the land and that might bring their tax bill to $800 per year. BC though is usually slow to reassess value for taxes. A few cities here have cash reserves so raising taxes is not a big priority here.

3. max930

max930 Active Member

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    Burnaby has $300 million in cash surplus as an example and balanced budget. The latter is a big deal VS raising taxes to provide non needed perks.

4. max930

max930 Active Member

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    I did note a Japanese sword on display at Kroegers old pad...... Tip if you want a very good real Katana, etc..... Expensive, but worth the price for a real blade VS pretty decoration........ buy them here: Cold Steel Knives : Blades Canada - Vancouver, BC I'm Christmas shopping and my brother is into the show Highlander and the movies.......

5. max930

max930 Active Member

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    I've seen more police cars down by my house in the last few weeks Vs the last ten years I've lived out here. Its a mix of Abby PD and RCMP from Aldergrove. Asked cousin and she said there is a lot of chop shops and grow ops in my area. Had no clue that some of my neighbors are criminals.

6. SN-III

SN-III High RPM Poster

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    16LBR-His&17SBM-Hers
    ... that's the "new normal" as I cannot name more than 5 of my neighbors and for others it would even be fewer ...
    Was asked by police & fire during an emergency right next door, "how many people live there?" and I could only say "It varies". :Confused5:
    it's resold every 5 years or so ... and due for resale in 2018
    ... won't be saying that if & when my house is ever up for sale though ...
    (ooops ... I'll have to delete this post when that happens now ...:angelic:)

#26 SN-III, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    max930 likes this.
  7. max930

max930 Active Member

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    I don't get the violence. According to the OECD, Canada is the second most educated country in the world. Just a few points from number one. Something is broken in that I don't like going to places that have attracted gang violence like our auto mall unless I absolutely need to go there.

Draft saved Draft deleted