Here is Kroegers house. Its been for sale awhile now. 30709 N Burgess Avenue, Abbotsford, BC, House For Sale | REW.ca

My neighbors have become a wedding venue and film location. Mostly Hallmark movies. So meet a lot of B list actors and a few current TV stars on like Supergirl, etc.......
Crap ! :mad:
Annual Property Taxes of $24095 on an $8.85M house is a bargain :thumbs: ...
equates to my Annual Property Tax being only :eek: $1090 for a $0.4M house ...
I need to move my house next door to him ...
That house would have Annual Taxes of $66500 if it was next to me o_O

Reactions: ddgermann
our property tax until recently very inexpensive. The people getting nailed are ones with a lot of recent sales on their street. Still a house here VS most of Canada is still reasonable by property taxes........... Rural Abbotsford most is in the Agriculture reserve and can't be developed. Mine is under $4k for that reason on a once $500k house. Washington State next door is even more reasonable. Parents paying $400 for 200 acres raw land per year. They are looking at manufactured homes for the land and that might bring their tax bill to $800 per year. BC though is usually slow to reassess value for taxes. A few cities here have cash reserves so raising taxes is not a big priority here.

I've seen more police cars down by my house in the last few weeks Vs the last ten years I've lived out here. Its a mix of Abby PD and RCMP from Aldergrove. Asked cousin and she said there is a lot of chop shops and grow ops in my area. Had no clue that some of my neighbors are criminals.

Had no clue that some of my neighbors are criminals.
... that's the "new normal" as I cannot name more than 5 of my neighbors and for others it would even be fewer ...
Was asked by police & fire during an emergency right next door, "how many people live there?" and I could only say "It varies". :Confused5:
it's resold every 5 years or so ... and due for resale in 2018
... won't be saying that if & when my house is ever up for sale though ...
(ooops ... I'll have to delete this post when that happens now ...:angelic:)

Last edited:
Reactions: max930
I don't get the violence. According to the OECD, Canada is the second most educated country in the world. Just a few points from number one. Something is broken in that I don't like going to places that have attracted gang violence like our auto mall unless I absolutely need to go there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.