Oct 16, 2017
vancouver
VetteCoins
Car
I was coming home from shopping. I live in rural Abbotsford on a farm property. I was coming up to an area that has a train crossing. Just a few months ago, they installed auto gates and lights. So they took down the stop signs. Still most of us even locals still treat it as a stop or slow down to roll stop thru. A mini van passed about seven cars and was coming head on too me. I had too stop or there would not have been a gap for him to get back in his lane..................... It was reckless enough I was going to u turn and go after them. But decided it would be too hard to get caught up too them safely..... Dang cell had no service. So by the time I got home a few minutes had passed. As traffic was higher then usual. Did phone my cousin but didn't have a plate, etc..... Cousin is an RCMP corporal and her husband is a patrol Sergeant in Langley. Thought Id give them a heads up, if something happened and they needed a description latter on......

Well todays paper: https://www.abbynews.com/news/police-responding-to-ported-shooting-in-abbotsford/

I should point out getting them, as in getting the license plate and give police location updates. It was the van that got shot up, guess they where racing too the hospital. The highway between Abbotsford and Mission was only a few miles from where they passed traffic over the train tracks.

Wow is right Max. So frustrating when these a-holes put our families in danger acting out their drug drama on the streets.
Glad you didn’t get caught up in it Man.

Yep, it can get scary around here when the gang twits start fighting............ The problem is they like meeting out here in the sticks to do drug deals, etc..... A few farms have been raided here, grow ops and even chop shops, etc. I don't care about "speeding". But when its reckless and crazy. Usually something is up....... The closest suburban neighborhood here has been having a gang war for the last couple of years......The police have a gang map and most are over by Mt Lehman road in that neighborhood area.

http://eh9ti3qk8yf3m8xqr5gt2fp4.wpe...017/05/web1_170517-ABB-map-of-gangsters_1.jpg

So its not surprising.... Just starting to spill out into my area again.

When I was 18, I got caught up in the midst of an event and didn't even know it. I was driving a buddy home from school and was exceeding the speed limit in town. I saw police lights in my rear view but they were a long way back, so I turned and booted on it to make some distance (foolish young kid). When I came roaring around a bend in the road into a police roadblock, I knew I was done so I just stopped and waited. There were at least six cops with three cars and a van in front of me and within seconds there were two more cars behind me and another four cops, all with guns drawn and yelling. We were so confused because all we were doing was speeding and not even that badly either, so this was quite over the top. We got out of the car slowly with our hands up, and they were screaming at us to get the EFF away from the car. One officer screamed loud enough and pointed, so my buddy just ran and I followed. It turns out that some guys had held up a local bank and were making a getaway in the van, and our speeding had just so happened to put us in between the robbers and the cops.

My cousin is a little younger then me. I'm 45 and she has been RCMP for 20 years now. She has five years until full pension and retirement. I know a lot of cops, especially around here. So yeah speeding can get you into trouble when other stuff is happening. I know police procedures and tend to keep my speeding within the cops tolerances. Its so bad around here if we go to a bar. She tells people she works retail at HBC, never says cop or RCMP too strangers. She did badge a Chinese restaurant owner once. But the owner was being a beach about two pieces of BC identification to serve us our beers.

In person and in stores, etc. Kroeger is not a total douche like other "celebs" I've met over the years. Not as good as Bono, but close. My fathers office was beside the Four Seasons Vancouver. It was easier to buy snacks there over the stores in Pacific Center Mall. I was a big Areo Chocolate bar fan. Don't like the new ones. I bought a can of coke and Areo bar around 1987 there. U2 was in town. Bono asked me where I found the Areo bars in the store. He wanted to buy cases and I ended up walking him over to Shoppers Drug Mart that had more then one box for sale. It was also close to after Halloween. So they still had Halloween candy inventory............... The Areo was or is Bono's favorite. Since they don't sell them in the USA..... He stocked up.... Kroeger is friendly once he figures out you are in his hood and not a big fan of rock stars in general. Growing up in the 1980's in South Delta. Doug Flutie had a house in my old hood when he was in the CFL. Very cool guy and nice wife....... I bumped into him at a gas station near my house. I was selling cars and driving a 1988 white on blue 928S4. He had a black on black 928GTS at the time.... So it was a more of a two guys with similar car thing! Saw him a few weeks later with his wife having dinner at Montana's. He invited me and my brother to join his table...... We didn't but my brother asked how the heck do you know Doug Flutie?

Not a chance I’d go see them Eric.

I've never had rocks thrown at me but there were lots of times in life I would have given my left nut to not have to put up with a crowd full of jerks and shove it back in their faces.... I'm not a big Nickelback fan but sometimes it's sweet to be able to be a jerk.... JMO.... lol....

Reactions: ddgermann
My grand father was career Canadian Navy. So my dads family raised near Victoria BC. My uncles best friend since high school is Paul Hyde of the Payolas fame. He is also friends with Bob Rock. My dads largest client owned the Town Pump bar in Vancouver. Net met a lot of bands, etc....... Fame is annoying cause every second you are watched by people. Out in public, dozens come up per hour to get autographs, etc........ I know enough that being "famous" would suck.......

I've never had rocks thrown at me but there were lots of times in life I would have given my left nut to not have to put up with a crowd full of jerks and shove it back in their faces.... I'm not a big Nickelback fan but sometimes it's sweet to be able to be a jerk.... JMO.... lol....
I read somewhere about that incident that those were batteries,not rocks being thrown. But yeah,I hear you about certain crowds.

My grand father was career Canadian Navy. So my dads family raised near Victoria BC. My uncles best friend since high school is Paul Hyde of the Payolas fame. He is also friends with Bob Rock. My dads largest client owned the Town Pump bar in Vancouver. Net met a lot of bands, etc....... Fame is annoying cause every second you are watched by people. Out in public, dozens come up per hour to get autographs, etc........ I know enough that being "famous" would suck.......
I wonder how “approachable” Geddy Lee is while at the many Jays games he’s attends. One must remember the lyrics to “limelight” and heed those words I tend to believe.
A9D9AF5D-96A5-46C9-B12E-90E647E75B7D.png

Oh Kroeger did have a black on black C5 that is the car I always saw him driving up too the grocery stores or gas stations near here.......... This morning spotted a 1969 427 turning up Mt. Lehman, as I was going the other way. Very nice 70's bronze color.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.