Aug 25, 2019
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province
AB
I am on a mailing list for Auto Obsessed, and today I got an email from them promoting a wax I had never heard of. It is called “Swissvax”, and I was shocked at how expensive a car wax can be. For a 50ml tub, it is $275, and for a 200ml tub, $765! Sheesh...it must really bring your car’s finish back from the dead.
Have any of you ever used an expensive wax on your baby? If so, was it worth it?
Dale

I am on a mailing list for Auto Obsessed, and today I got an email from them promoting a wax I had never heard of. It is called “Swissvax”, and I was shocked at how expensive a car wax can be. For a 50ml tub, it is $275, and for a 200ml tub, $765! Sheesh...it must really bring your car’s finish back from the dead.
Have any of you ever used an expensive wax on your baby? If so, was it worth it?
Dale
We are all waiting for your review ... :angelic:

We are all waiting for your review ... :angelic:
I will pop over to Auto Obsessed and pick us both up one, Spence. That way we can both do a review. Since you have 2 Vettes, I will get you the larger size, so please e-transfer the appropriate funds to me ASAP.

I will pop over to Auto Obsessed and pick us both up one, Spence. That way we can both do a review. Since you have 2 Vettes, I will get you the larger size, so please e-transfer the appropriate funds to me ASAP.
Although that place has made out quite well when shopping in YEG,
we find that our budget detailing products are working out just fine
during covid - as nobody else sees our work.
More likely is that there are fewer disposable $3 & $7 bills remaining
when owning the second vette ... for affording this crazy priced detailing product.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Wow... 50 ml is a shot glass full .... Can't believe anyone in their right mind would buy it. Can't believe anyone would stock it to sell either.... I'll stick with my Meguiars Ultimate Hydrophobic at $36 for 454 ml. If I'm going to spend that much on a shot glass full, it's going to be Parker’s Heritage Collection 27 Year Old Bourbon at just over $200 a shot.

Some people just have to feed their egos by how much they can spend. The back cover of the latest Road and Track issue has an ad for Richard Mille Watches. A google search comes up with a starting price of $80,000 and most are in the $500,000 to $800,000 range. I'm not disparaging the watches, I am sure they keep good time, just sayin makes the fancy wax seem cheap. Seems to me ,if you had a spare $800k kicking around, it wouldn't be too hard to find a better use for it than buying a wrist watch. Boggles the mind.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.