Would you sell if you were offered more than it's worth?

• Total voters

Canuck204

Black Vettes Matter
Regular
Dec 6, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z51 Owner
Province
MB
I decided to throw the car up for sale on the weekend just to see, I ended up driving a C6 for almost 4 years, put a bit of cash into it and was still able to come out ahead. Sad to see it go but the goal was to always get a C6 Z06 or a base C7 and keep it long term, and I'm one step closer now. Prices are clearly nuts now so I'll lurk in the shadows this fall and winter and see what come's up in western Canada.

I was at the car show in Georgetown about two year ago before COVID ....guy offered me 45,000 for mine I paid 42000. Was thinking of a c7 grand sport convertible. Not sure if I would sell for 45,000. Love love the car. Only 52000 km. Runs beauty. Sounds great lots of looks and compliments. But I love the c7 grand sport. Little more power as well. We shall see.

Sell now yes (if you really want to let it go), buy now with prizes no way. Sellers market. You may be able to find something come fall/winter though, see what happens with economy. All corvette prices are through the roof

Sell now yes (if you really want to let it go), buy now with prizes no way. Sellers market. You may be able to find something come fall/winter though, see what happens with economy. All corvette prices are through the roof
Finding a good price on a vette in the summer months is like finding toilet paper after they announce another lockdown. Previous guy who owned my C6 was about to divorce his wife so he had to make some things disappear lol so I lucked out there.

Reactions: Russell
I'd have to be offered a lot. My baby looks and runs like new, barely broke in mileage, a rare discontinued colour that I love, and all the detail mods I was interested in. Everything is for sale at a price but guessing no one would offer me mine.

Never say never. Some of the local C7's I have seen go for obscene prices

My Centennial ZR1 is a rare car, only 206 produce, maybe 10 or 15 canadian car . always someone asking if for sale at car show, I love the car, did so much upgrade on it (all of them reversible without a trace to bring it back original) it is now so much fun to drive . Now that the market is a little crazy, I wonder if it is the right time to sell and keep the money for the next ZR1, Zora or what comes next. Last month, I sold my C5 commemorative edition to buy a 2019 GS loaded of options, I can drive that one for a while, not a C6 ZR1 but still a very nice car to drive.

Reactions: Russell
You need to define "more than its worth" !! Worth is subjective, and how much more is "more" !:rofl:

Not ready to sell !

$100k, mine would go.
I had a look at the prices out there on Kijiji and $100K for your car isn't out of the ballpark. If they are actually moving at these prices, then I think you'd get your number. Example: 2018 CHEVROLET CORVETTE GRAND SPORT CONVERTIBLE \ 3LT \ CARBON CERAMICS \ AUTOMATIC | Cars & Trucks | Calgary | Kijiji

NOT suggesting you should sell, just confirming prices are way up there!

It will be interesting to see if the prices stay up there or the market gets flooded and prices come down

I had a look at the prices out there on Kijiji and $100K for your car isn't out of the ballpark. If they are actually moving at these prices, then I think you'd get your number. Example: 2018 CHEVROLET CORVETTE GRAND SPORT CONVERTIBLE \ 3LT \ CARBON CERAMICS \ AUTOMATIC | Cars & Trucks | Calgary | Kijiji

NOT suggesting you should sell, just confirming prices are way up there!

It will be interesting to see if the prices stay up there or the market gets flooded and prices come down

Think lot of people are just shooting for the starts hoping someone wants one badly enough they will pay the price right now. Cars are obviously moving, but some of the prices out there are unrealistic, it never hurts to try, and if someone bites at those prices hard to say no.

• Agree
Reactions: Morby and YFCvii

Users who are viewing this thread