No actually I got offered 55000 from one so far but that’s why I am here to find out what this exact car is worth I know it’s I think the only one with the kalahari color in Canada right now
Sorry for your loss ...

If it is not a Z06 ... I would sell it to the dealership after offering it to anyone in the family for that $55k price.
This way no one "who matters" in the estate can complain.
For only a potential to net up to $5k more (ask $65 & sell for $55-60) ... way too much stress on test drives
and inspections and whatnot hassle. A few people may show up just for the tire kicking and opportunity
to drive it (ie joy ride). As it appears no one near to you has experience with that Corvette,
it might be easier to move on with the quickest method if no one in the family has interest.

I've been there and done similar ... however this is your choice.

If this is not sold in September, I am travelling to Fredericton
(with a car hauler - but for other reason - so far returning empty). :angelic:
I would love to check it out if timing on my arrival works with covid restrictions at that time.

Time well invested for you might be to post photos of your Dad's beauty on this thread ...
This way you have a forever legacy to share and refer back to ... right here on CCF ... we will be watching.

Last edited:
First pay no attention to what people are asking for their used Corvettes in the various media, it bears little resemblance to what people often get for their cars. You see crazy asking prices in the Auto Trader. If you can get $55k in your jeans from the dealer I would grab it unless you are an experienced private seller and enjoy the process of selling a used specialty car out of your house. Selling a used car especially something like a Corvette can be a real pain in the rear. You get lots of calls from weird people who want to talk you down in price but actually have no real interest in buying the car. You have tire kickers who want to come over and drive the car and abuse it and you have strange lonely people who just seem to want to come to your house and talk cars.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Additional piece of advice I would say is do not let people come and drive the car. If they are actually serious let them put a deposit down to do so. I never let anyone drive a sports car when I'm selling it, those who are interested and know cars will have very little problem with this, or with putting down a deposit to do so.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Additional piece of advice I would say is do not let people come and drive the car. If they are actually serious let them put a deposit down to do so. I never let anyone drive a sports car when I'm selling it, those who are interested and know cars will have very little problem with this, or with putting down a deposit to do so.
Very good advice. People may also want to take it to their mechanic which is fair. In which case I have offered to drive the car there myself or in one instance the purchaser asked if I could take it to a known Corvette mechanic which I was happy to do and the mechanic took it for a short test drive and identified a couple of minor items which I was happy to pay to have repaired.

If I was offered $55K by a dealer I would have already split the proceeds with the others involved in the estate.

It just is not worth the hassle of dealing with people, especially when it is something you have little knowledge of.

Really sorry for your loss but as they say "take the money and run".

Ya I was thinking no harm posting for 65 thank u so much
Remember any price on a Corvette that dealers are selling.. they will take a trade at that price so it is a bit inflated. Asking and getting are2 different things. That $55-$60 seems sensible. Aside from all the hype on the new 20 and 21 models they are out there for $85,000 I could have bought 2020 for $85000. Hey Ask $65.000 you can always come down. Good Luck and I know what is like to lose a Father

Remember any price on a Corvette that dealers are selling.. they will take a trade at that price so it is a bit inflated. Asking and getting are2 different things. That $55-$60 seems sensible. Aside from all the hype on the new 20 and 21 models they are out there for $85,000 I could have bought 2020 for $85000. Hey Ask $65.000 you can always come down. Good Luck and I know what is like to lose a Father
That’s what I’m thinking asking 65 but I don’t have to be firm on the price and thank u it has been soooo extremely hard for me

That’s what I’m thinking asking 65 ...
OK ... I suggest to write it up and post it in the CCF For Sale section. This should be an excellent start for you
as word of mouth can and will travel on this site. As uncomfortable as it was, It is exactly how I fulfilled a promise and helped to sell one.
The Buyer found everything in the CCF ad and then decided to became a member - joined in on a cruise and asked
more about the Corvette during his initial ownership. It worked out well for both the Buyer and the Estate.
Include photos and everything you need to disclose as a potential buyer is going to ask this and
want to know everything you know about the Corvette, so make sure to include everything you can up front.
Try to withhold emotions when wearing the "Seller Hat" and keep it simple by stating an "Estate Sale" for the Buyer.
Best of good fortune :thumbs:

Again, if this remains for sale in September, I will be doing a move to NB and, once able to, love to meet and see the Corvette.

Last edited:
OK ... I suggest to write it up and post it in the CCF For Sale section. This should be an excellent start for you
as word of mouth can and will travel on this site. As uncomfortable as it was, It is exactly how I fulfilled a promise and helped to sell one.
The Buyer found everything in the CCF ad and then decided to became a member - joined in on a cruise and asked
more about the Corvette during his initial ownership. It worked out well for both the Buyer and the Estate.
Include photos and everything you need to disclose as a potential buyer is going to ask this and
want to know everything you know about the Corvette, so make sure to include everything you can up front.
Try to withhold emotions when wearing the "Seller Hat" and keep it simple by stating an "Estate Sale" for the Buyer.
Best of good fortune :thumbs:

Again, if this remains for sale in September, I will be doing a move to NB and, once able to, love to meet and see the Corvette.

i had no idea there was a for sale section! I will do this thank you !

i had no idea there was a for sale section! I will do this thank you !
Here's the link to our classifieds.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.