Regular
Jan 10, 2017
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Z06 S.Orange!
Province
AB
Hello everyone from snowy Edmonton, AB. In March I was able to convince my very young bride to let me purchase my first Corvette – 2016 Daytona Sunrise Orange Stingray. Bucket List-Check. Now to get on the forum and see if someone can help me customize it locally. Or trade in for a new Grand Sport (which, now that I've done my homework, is the look I want)!

Welcome from Red Deer ccltj. Depending on what you want to do, Davenport Motorsports in Calgary has a good reputation for motor work. Not sure who locally does customization work on the Corvette but I'm sure there must be some shops in Edmonton. Murray is right. We will be watching for the new GS too... :rolleyes:

Reactions: ccltj
Thanks, for the Salutations. Name is Curtis (Davis).
I read an Article the other day. The writer recommended Not to customize (spend a lot of money). Pay for the right car, the first time around.
This somewhat 'limited edition' color vette is perfect, but because I didn't know any better, once I saw the Body of a Z06...I Knew That is what I Want.
Now if I can find out IF, the Front 'Stingray' Grill (w/Cameras), can be 'Swapped' out for a eBay (or from wherever) Z06 Front Grill, I'll slowly TRY and
change the Stingray, into a 'Grand Sport' (Z06) Look.
OR, just trade it in for a 2017 Grand Sport. Maybe someone Here, is a Corvette Sales Guy (Locally)! :)

Thanks, for the Salutations. Name is Curtis (Davis).
I read an Article the other day. The writer recommended Not to customize (spend a lot of money). Pay for the right car, the first time around.
This somewhat 'limited edition' color vette is perfect, but because I didn't know any better, once I saw the Body of a Z06...I Knew That is what I Want.
Now if I can find out IF, the Front 'Stingray' Grill (w/Cameras), can be 'Swapped' out for a eBay (or from wherever) Z06 Front Grill, I'll slowly TRY and
change the Stingray, into a 'Grand Sport' (Z06) Look.
OR, just trade it in for a 2017 Grand Sport. Maybe someone Here, is a Corvette Sales Guy (Locally)! :)

The front grill is easy enough to replace. ACS now makes the rear scoops, same as the z06 if that's the look you're after. There are even wide body conversions. Enjoy your new ride.

Welcome to the forum Curtis!!! Fantastic dilemma! The Grand Sport is a phenomenal car....but then again, so is the Stingray.
As for the GS, the motortrend guys were really impressed with it in their Head to Head completion.

Either way, if you trade up or keep your current car, its a win-win!

However, you may want to wait until 2018. I have a feeling there'll be some big Corvette news coming up.

Another nice acquisition and another beautiful color! Congratulations on your achievement!

The Corvette obsession is a dangerous one in that every year a newer and better model becomes available, and of course you will always want the next one! I spent many many many years saving money and biding my time for the right car to come along. I kept wanting the newer and better, and my budget was forced up and up. I almost pulled the trigger a couple of times, but my hesitation stopped me until I found "the one".

Good luck, and I look forward to seeing how it all works out for you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.