Same here. My brides vehicle is a Jeep and my daily is a 2021 GMC Denali HD 2500. Even those two have days where travel is challenging. We also have a little thing out here called gravel roads. I will find a pic of a gravel road for educational purposes for our Ontario friends. Actually just imagine a road covered in gravel…..
Better yet. A gravel road covered in snow up to the headlights ....lol...

74Bronco2-2.JPG

Your Corvettes are safe. - it's the F150 you left in the driveway that'll be gone in the morning.
Besides, who is going to steal a car when the Owner is hibernating inside of it?

Most stolen vehicles in Ontario in 2022
  • 2015-2020 Ford F-150 Series.
  • 2013-2019 Toyota Highlander.
  • 2016-2021 Honda Civic.
  • 2015-2021 Land Rover Range Rover Sport.
  • 2018-2021 Honda Accord.
  • 1999-2006 Chevrolet/GMC Silverado/Sierra 1500 Series.
  • 2009-2018 RAM 1500 Series.
  • 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma.

• Wow
Reactions: OL Yeller
Jeff O'neil (Ex Hockey player and now on TSN) had is Range Rover stolen from his driveway and then 2 weeks later his wife's vehicle (unknown type) was also stolen from their driveway. Has no one ever heard of garages??

Since the thread is still open (but somewhat wandering off track) I thought I would report on my dewinterizing experience - March 15th. The car has been stored since Nov 15th. Reason for storing was travel plus I dislike driving it in the almost constant rain in Vancouver and worsening drivers skills (not mine).
I have had motorcycles and cars and boats that are stored for up to 6 months a year and have done so for more than 50 years. Due to lack of garage space I store some vehicles in a storage area that has no electrical outlet so requires battery removal or disconnect.

My procedure is to use fuel stabilizer, fill with high octane fuel, wash/wax, remove negative battery lead, cover. Realizing the doors etc will not open without battery and not wanting to use the manual key method, I simply left the frunk popped open 1 inch so I could access the frunk to reattach the battery lead.

Dewinterizing the C8: Have the fob handy. Reattaching the negative battery lead may setoff the theft alarm so once the battery is connected push the fob Open and Close button and that shuts off the alarm. Everything now works engine started as new. It takes a few minutes for clocks to adjust but everything came back (radio channels, Nav, seat memory) as it was the day it was parked.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.