Well... My baby is in bed and asleep now until late April or so.... Was hoping to get one more run in after hunting camp but the white stuff and the temperature drop snafu'd that. Will pull the cover off and wax her one day likely in February but that's it... Less than 3000 km this season. A record low for me... :( Only good thing is my heated cave where I can have coffee with her in the mornings and work on hobbies through the day...

PXL_20201020_220422761.jpg

I was in touch with GM Canada regarding winter storage of the C8- I live in northwestern Ontario where we had our first snowfall last night. It took 3 weeks of them asking whomever they ask at GM, but finally got an answer today. They say 1/4 tank or less of gas, fuel stabilizer, battery maintainer, dryer sheets in the car, moth balls and mouse traps around the tires, and not to worry about flat spots on tires as they will go away (if they occur) after a half hour of driving. Unfortunately, I have already filled my tank before putting it away. Hopefully we will have a couple of warm days to drive it and burn off some gas, but seems doubtful.
Any way, hope this info helps someone.

Think it depends on the garage you are storing the car. A cold garage would probably do better with a full tank of gas to prevent condensation inside the tank. But in a climate controlled heated garage a quarter tank or less would be good. Remember that gas is going to be pretty stale by the time you start it in the spring. Best to go straight to the gas station to get some fresh fuel. Just my thoughts. I have been storing Corvettes and other cars since 1974 nd haven't had a problem.Battery Tender is also a must. Unless you bring the battery in from the cold.

• Agree
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.