View attachment 33022
Get one of these and an extension.
"Battery Tender 081-0069-6 Ring Terminal Harness with Black Fused 2-Pin Quick Disconnect Plug "
Attach to battery terminal.
Thread to grill area of Vette.
Only about $15 and sold at many places including amazon
Easy simple and don't need to open car door or plug in cig lighter!

Do those little round connections work on a C7? I use that type of connection on my M/Cs, but the regular clothes pin type on my C4

After spending Thousands on a C7 Corvette (thread is a C7 post), it is hard to imagine doing all this other than for one who just loves to tinker around.
I can surely justify a $100-$150 item that is already made for the task - better yet put it on the "What Do You Get a Corvette Guy For Christmas Wish List".
Up to you of course.
Just trying to give an easy economical option.
You could use GM option which I find expensive and a hassle, have to uncover, open and close door (if unlocked) plug into cig lighter
Or you could just leave it, jump start in spring and drive on/.

Do those little round connections work on a C7? I use that type of connection on my M/Cs, but the regular clothes pin type on my C4
Check your battery cables where they attach to battery.
Should have a simple bolt to remove then attach tender adapter.
Or just loosen nut on battery attach adapter reinstall nut

I totally agree with you both... My C6 was easy as well.... Connect to the battery. The C7 is totally different. The plug in in the trunk is designed to plug the maintainer cig lighter attachment into. The battery is buried beneath the reah hatch deck and as Sp. said, is difficult to access without pulling up the carpet (carefully)... Most maintainers will have the lighter plug included.

• Agree
Reactions: frankmp and YFCvii
It's not a huge big deal at all and I'm answering more for those who may be a little more "green" with their C7's ...
I struggle to understand which C7 method would be a hassle? I've heard that the lining can rip if you are not real careful pulling it away to access a C7 battery.
The adapter plug is conveniently located nearby and is almost in the way. No big deal at all ... but perhaps not realizing what it takes in the C7.
All good in this C7 related thread. These photos should be real helpful to understand where I am coming from.

View attachment 33023
View attachment 33024

Love this feature. Always wondered what the hell the battery package was on Vettes, but never paid much attention. When I finally got around to buying a Vette I bought it off the lot and thankfully it was spec'd with the package.

It came with the CTEK trickle charger which is factory equip on BMW, Benz, Porsche and a number of other high end manufacturers. I already own a CTEK from another car I was storing and paid $70+tax at CT a few years back so was familiar with the product and impressed that Chev included that particular model. I think the battery package was ~$115 at the time I bought my car, so in addition to the charger you have the convenience of simply plugging it into the cig lighter as Spence has stated. No messing with wires, battery terminals, a clamp coming loose, carpeting, etc.. I'm not suggesting any of this is a big deal and there are certainly other options with regards to battery tenders, but for me personally I really like the feature.[/QUOTE]

Plugged my car in yesterday for its 6 month rest. After 2 hours of cleaning it will awaken to be cleaned again. The CTek tender has worked fine for the past 5 winters. Oh, it was a balmy 16C here. October was fantastic weather wise. I'd move out west if it wasn't for 9 months of winter.:cold3:

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Plugged my car in yesterday for its 6 month rest. After 2 hours of cleaning it will awaken to be cleaned again. The CTek tender has worked fine for the past 5 winters. Oh, it was a balmy 16C here. October was fantastic weather wise. I'd move out west if it wasn't for 9 months of winter.:cold3:

Hahaha... Lots of good perks here make up for the winters tyho...

Here's a local yeg dealer a little anall about tire cracking issues. Probably a bit of theft prevention too....lol

20191102_131205.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: YFCvii and henkz06
fuel stabilizer...fill tires 10lbs more...bouce around car...disconnect negative ground from battery..leave it till spring

fuel stabilizer...fill tires 10lbs more...bouce around car...disconnect negative ground from battery..leave it till spring
Hasn't there been some trouble getting the clock or something to work with the C6 after battery disconnect?

My clock has not been working since I replaced my old battery...maybe this disconnect for 5 months will bring back the clock...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.